Kenny Britt waived by the Browns/Signed by Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I really dont understand the Kenny Britt hatred... he was far from a "clutch player" but he did have some production last year.

He seems to be some kind of weird scapegoat for the Jeff Fisher era.. I'm not sure why he gets this tag.

None of us were in the locker room with this player so we don't really know anything about him for sure, but word gets around in the NFL. How bad or how much of a distraction does a player need to be to get cut from the Browns, a team with zero wins?

I've known plenty of musicians who had all the talent in the world but had poor work habits and little drive to succeed so they never made it. I include myself in that group(minus all the talent in the world of course). :)

Again, I have no idea if the man is lacking in drive or hard work ethic or if there's some other problem. But something's not right.

There's plenty on the net on Britt while he was with the Titans. This from a Browns board from September:

https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Board/105323/Contents/Attitude-Problem-Coates-and-Britt-107628862

Attitude Problem - Coates and Britt

Sammie coates was traded to us for a reason, he doesn't give a sh*t, and neither does Britt. Kinda concerning that its even able to happen. But I felt both were very disengaged with what was going on.

I personally wouldn't want these two around my young team. That is just my 2 cents.
------------
Yes I think its pretty clear that these two need an attitude adjustment. I would cut Britt who is looking like an absolute Bowe clone after two games. Make an example out of a highly paid free agent who is not meeting effort standards.
------------
My guess is that Hue made the big push for both Coates and Britt. And the FO didn't do their homework either.
------------
It shows on the field. Britt's performance last 2 games has shown nothing.
-------------

View: https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/909624496402894848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fscout.com%2Fnfl%2Fbrowns%2FBoard%2F105323%2FContents%2FAttitude-Problem-Coates-and-Britt-107628862

------------
Britt spent a good amount of his personal time last night on twitter responding to critics.

He came across as a guy who has already been paid his money and was laughing all the way to the bank and trolling anyone who asked him to step up his effort and earn the money. Cancer attitude.

"He got paid. He don't care no more."
------------
Britt has been a POS his whole career. None of this should surprise anybody. Bad signing by the FO they should have looked at this guy's background a lot more or at least put more emphasis on it.

Fred G. said that last week Britt was a complete ass in the locker room interview many of us saw. Fred was there and said on one side was Coates and the other I believe Davis. Both were snickering at Britt's antics with the media's questions.

That is our mentor for all our youthful WRs. You can clearly see the impact he has already had on Coates.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

As soon as the browns signed Britt to that deal i knew they were gonna suck again this year. He's the last person you want leading a young wr corps.

Ellard80

Legend
None of us were in the locker room with this player so we don't really know anything about him for sure, but word gets around in the NFL. How bad or how much of a distraction does a player need to be to get cut from the Browns, a team with zero wins?

I've known plenty of musicians who had all the talent in the world but had poor work habits and little drive to succeed so they never made it. I include myself in that group(minus all the talent in the world of course). :)

Again, I have no idea if the man is lacking in drive or hard work ethic or if there's some other problem. But something's not right.

There's plenty on the net on Britt while he was with the Titans. This from a Browns board from September:

https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Board/105323/Contents/Attitude-Problem-Coates-and-Britt-107628862

Attitude Problem - Coates and Britt

Sammie coates was traded to us for a reason, he doesn't give a sh*t, and neither does Britt. Kinda concerning that its even able to happen. But I felt both were very disengaged with what was going on.

I personally wouldn't want these two around my young team. That is just my 2 cents.
------------
Yes I think its pretty clear that these two need an attitude adjustment. I would cut Britt who is looking like an absolute Bowe clone after two games. Make an example out of a highly paid free agent who is not meeting effort standards.
------------
My guess is that Hue made the big push for both Coates and Britt. And the FO didn't do their homework either.
------------
It shows on the field. Britt's performance last 2 games has shown nothing.
-------------

View: https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/909624496402894848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fscout.com%2Fnfl%2Fbrowns%2FBoard%2F105323%2FContents%2FAttitude-Problem-Coates-and-Britt-107628862

------------
Britt spent a good amount of his personal time last night on twitter responding to critics.

He came across as a guy who has already been paid his money and was laughing all the way to the bank and trolling anyone who asked him to step up his effort and earn the money. Cancer attitude.

"He got paid. He don't care no more."
------------
Britt has been a POS his whole career. None of this should surprise anybody. Bad signing by the FO they should have looked at this guy's background a lot more or at least put more emphasis on it.

Fred G. said that last week Britt was a complete ass in the locker room interview many of us saw. Fred was there and said on one side was Coates and the other I believe Davis. Both were snickering at Britt's antics with the media's questions.

That is our mentor for all our youthful WRs. You can clearly see the impact he has already had on Coates.

I don't remember hearing any of this when he was a Ram.. besides the golf cart incident.

Never read any of his twitters or paid attention I guess. I just missed it all.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Wouldn't it be great if Kenny Britt won a superbowl and ring with the Patriots?

Last edited: