Kenny Britt Stays

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is a good deal for the Rams. It's basically a 1 year 4,3m deal from a cap perspective. Britt still has to earn the additional 10M and can cut bait quickly if needed.

Now let's get some big uglies signed!

Just what I was thinking.

And what I am hoping is that this contract was meant to hedge their bets that one of Amari Cooper or Kevin White is still available with the tenth pick. If they dont sign Britt and both White and Cooper are gone they miss the boat.

What I also hope is that they don't pass on White or Cooper because they already have Britt.

What I expect them to do is pass one receiver and either take Scherf or trade back a little and take Collins

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Good signing. Like the low guaranteed.

Anyone know what our cap situation looks like now after all these new signings?

I believe we had about 8 left before Britt if you take into account rookie contracts and all that. But, last offseason they spent right up to the cap and worried about the rookies when the time came. I think we can free up like 6-8 million with a tweak to Quinns contract.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

And what I am hoping is that this contract was meant to hedge their bets that one of Amari Cooper or Kevin White is still available with the tenth pick. If they dont sign Britt and both White and Cooper are gone they miss the boat.

What I also hope is that they don't pass on White or Cooper because they already have Britt.

What I expect them to do is pass one receiver and either take Scherf or trade back a little and take Collins

Im with you on all this. I will say this though, they like explosive players and can see them biting on Cooper or White, Cooper more so than White IMO.

Although the need for Scherff and Collins is undeniable I do think you can get a day 1 G in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It should be fun to see how FA plays out till the draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Im with you on all this. I will say this though, they like explosive players and can see them biting on Cooper or White, Cooper more so than White IMO.

Although the need for Scherff and Collins is undeniable I do think you can get a day 1 G in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

It should be fun to see how FA plays out till the draft.

I am more excited about this draft than I have been in a while. It is strang because I love every draft, but I guess I feel like, at ten they can get a great impact player, and/or finally fix the Oline, which has been disappointingly neglected in the draft.

Why I think they go Scherf over a WR is that they loved Martin last year and he had a big impact for Dallas. If they see Scherf in the same light then they will take what they missed out of. I hope not, for the reasons you state.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle

Honestly I don't see us trading back this year. Anything can happen, but like Snead and fisher have said, this year's class isn't deep. We need playmakers at this point. And there's no point in risking hoping your guy is still there when you trade back. We all know how that works out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Honestly I don't see us trading back this year. Anything can happen, but like Snead and fisher have said, this year's class isn't deep. We need playmakers at this point. And there's no point in risking hoping your guy is still there when you trade back. We all know how that works out.

I hope that you are right because most of the better draft experts are saying there are only about 15 guys with first round grades. Trade back too far and our first becomes a second essentially.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He will be a great mentor for Cooper like he was with Quick. (y)

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
UPDATED

Rams bringing back Kenny Britt on two-year deal
By Kevin Patra

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ams-bringing-back-kenny-britt-on-twoyear-deal

The St. Louis Rams will hang on to free-agent receiver Kenny Britt.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the receiver is staying with the Rams on a two-year, $9.125 million deal worth up to $14 million, per a source informed of the situation. Britt receives $4.3 million guaranteed.

That's a lot better! Great job by Fisher and Snead retaing a very valuable player. They're already getting me really excited for the season and there's still plenty of money to spend.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'd have rather us sign some OL so that we can draft Cooper, rather than the other way around

I just hope that Britt doesn't become the headache that he was in Tennessee now that he has some guaranteed money

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I am more excited about this draft than I have been in a while. It is strang because I love every draft, but I guess I feel like, at ten they can get a great impact player, and/or finally fix the Oline, which has been disappointingly neglected in the draft.

Why I think they go Scherf over a WR is that they loved Martin last year and he had a big impact for Dallas. If they see Scherf in the same light then they will take what they missed out of. I hope not, for the reasons you state.

I love the draft too, which makes sense we are Ram fans and the draft has been the yearly highlight too many times lol.

I only say this to keep your hopes up not because i don't agree with you which I do.

If I remember correctly they had Beckam JR. just behind Martin had Donald not been sitting there.

paceram

Pro Bowler

I think the Rams almost have to draft Scherff (If he is still available) at #10 unless they do end up re-signing Barksdale and another offensive lineman in free
agency!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the Rams almost have to draft Scherff (If he is still available) at #10 unless they do end up re-signing Barksdale and another offensive lineman in free
agency!

Unless they don't have him rated that high. It is not likely but possible.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love the draft too, which makes sense we are Ram fans and the draft has been the yearly highlight too many times lol.

I only say this to keep your hopes up not because i don't agree with you which I do.

If I remember correctly they had Beckam JR. just behind Martin had Donald not been sitting there.

Ha ha. Your probably right. I am not as excited about the draft when the team is winning. I am more concerned with who they can keep on the roster.

lockdnram21

Legend
No way white or Cooper makes it past 7 u can bet on that. No way we get either unless we trade up. Also wr isn't a need in my book especially with Britt resigning.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not sure what almost $14M means. Maybe it has incentives to get him there.

Glad he's back though.

Seems like the deal is heavily incentive based so I'm okay with it...by all means Kenny go out and earn every penny
that's a 'No Brainer' it would have to be Loaded with incentive to get him from 4.3 Mil guaranteed to almost 14 Mil! Very happy to have him back!!:banana::rockon::D

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You know, I'm really happy with our receiving corps, and especially their work ethic. They have a strong desire to get better, and they work with the best to get better. Right now, Bailey is working with Cris Carter, Quick works with Terrell Owens every offseason. Tavon hit up Ochocinco to run some routes, not sure if they ever did.

Adding Britt and his newly improved work ethic just makes everything better. These guys want to be the best, and I think this is the year we see it.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The way I see it, in Tenessee he had a good year, got hurt, then they stopped using him altogether when he was healthy. Came here, got 700+ yards that woulda been close to 1000 should we have had a QB that can throw further than 30 yards. I think this is a solid contract for him. The players seem to love having him around too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know, I'm really happy with our receiving corps, and especially their work ethic. They have a strong desire to get better, and they work with the best to get better. Right now, Bailey is working with Cris Carter, Quick works with Terrell Owens every offseason. Tavon hit up Ochocinco to run some routes, not sure if they ever did.

Adding Britt and his newly improved work ethic just makes everything better. These guys want to be the best, and I think this is the year we see it.

I'd rather Tavon hit up Holt or Bruce or Antonio Brown. Chad Johnson wasn't exactly the best route runner in his prime.