Kenny Britt Signing Affect Rams’ Approach to 2015 Draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Does wide receiver Kenny Britt’s new deal with the Rams affect the team’s approach to drafting receivers? ESPN’s Nick Wagoner on the topic as he talks with D'Marco Farr.

Listen to Wagoner Talk Britt

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope that signing Britt does not affect Snead and Fishers decision to not draft a guy like Cooper or White if they are there at 10

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I hope that signing Britt does not affect Snead and Fishers decision to not draft a guy like Cooper or White if they are there at 10
I wonder then...in your opinion .. should the signing of Fairley eliminate Danny Shelton from the bpa list? Say the wrs are gone. Just wondering.? ;)
Go Rams.......... ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder then...in your opinion .. should the signing of Fairley eliminate Danny Shelton from the bpa list? Say the wrs are gone. Just wondering.? ;)
Go Rams.......... ;)

IMO no. Snead showed us why you take the best player available when he chose Donald and he played so well. Even if it is an area of strength, if you think someone is a difference maker you have to think about him. I consider WR the same way. The Rams receivers may end up being a good corps, but adding Cooper or White could make them even better and guard against someone not producing due to injury or lack of NFL talent.

Plus, Brockers is a free agent after the season. DTs usually get paid well. I don't know what Fisher and Snead think of Brockers but Snead has said that you have to set a value on a player, especially in Free Agency and try to stick with it. The Rams have a lot of players coming up for free agency next year. They may not be able to retain them all. I am sure they already have an idea who they like the best. If they see Brockers as a must keep, then maybe Shelton isn't high on their list.....wish I had privy to their BPA list for the draft. I don't think Shelton will be on that list of 10 or 12 top picks. But I could be wrong.

Stel

Starter
Go Rams.......... ;)

If the Rams took Shelton at #10 I think a number of heads would explode on fan boards. That said, we'd have a hell of a defensive line if the Rams took him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't think it will, I don't think Wagoner understands how important Britt is to the WR Corps, He knows how to inspire his team mates! Snisher won't let signing Brit effect Draft Plans, or should it!

Go Rams.......... ;)
I don't see why it would or should!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams took Shelton at #10 I think a number of heads would explode on fan boards. That said, we'd have a hell of a defensive line if the Rams took him.

I am not that impressed with NT Shelton myself. I sure like several other NT's a lot better. I am not sure that Nick Fairley is a bonified back up to the NT post that Brockers play. Fairley as it has been posted here is around 280 plus he is over 6-4.....putting on the right pounds by late summer to be around 300 is where they want him, but that far from being NT size.

When the Rams have three large tall big wide outs like Quick(6-3 220), Britt (6-3 225) along with WR/TE combo Jared Cook (6-5 250) plus add a #8 overall first round selection Tavon Austin who is now entering his 3rd season of a 4 yr contract then the cherry on top of that you can add a Stedman Bailey???..... adding a 6-3 215 pound Kevin White or a Amari Cooper is IMO serious overkill in an receiving unit that is already underutilized & where you have a bunch of talent standing around on the sideline by a large amount with out a Cooper or White.

Now add to the fact that Fisher has yet to show he is capable of protecting his QB after three seasons.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
IMO no. Snead showed us why you take the best player available when he chose Donald and he played so well. Even if it is an area of strength, if you think someone is a difference maker you have to think about him. I consider WR the same way. The Rams receivers may end up being a good corps, but adding Cooper or White could make them even better and guard against someone not producing due to injury or lack of NFL talent.

Plus, Brockers is a free agent after the season. DTs usually get paid well. I don't know what Fisher and Snead think of Brockers but Snead has said that you have to set a value on a player, especially in Free Agency and try to stick with it. The Rams have a lot of players coming up for free agency next year. They may not be able to retain them all. I am sure they already have an idea who they like the best. If they see Brockers as a must keep, then maybe Shelton isn't high on their list.....wish I had privy to their BPA list for the draft. I don't think Shelton will be on that list of 10 or 12 top picks. But I could be wrong.
Thanks for that.... I appreciate and respect your answer. ...... ;)

Go Rams............. ;)