Kenny Britt making good impression on St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Chris Wesseling
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...britt-making-good-impression-on-st-louis-rams

On the most recent edition of the Around The League Podcast, we noted that the St. Louis Ramshave dumped a lot of resources into their receiving corps over the past few seasons.

Tight end Jared Cook landed a $35 million contract. Wide receivers Tavon Austin, Brian Quick,Stedman Bailey, Chris Givens and Austin Pettis were all drafted in the first four rounds.

For all of that investment, the Rams were one of just four teams (Jets, Bills, Chiefs) without a player over 700 receiving yards last season.

From what they have seen out of enigmatic free-agent acquisition Kenny Britt, the Rams have reason to believe he could emerge as their top receiver. Jeff Fisher said last week that the coaching staff has been "very, very impressed" with his former Titans pupil. And quarterback Sam Bradford told NFL Media's Michelle Beisner that Britt has been a standout in offseason practices.

"He was out here just talking back and forth with our DBs letting them know that he was going to beat them, and sure enough first two, first three routes are one-on-ones," Bradford said. "He runs two go-routes for touchdowns so his spirit, it's just been great for us."

Britt hasn't been able to gain separation from cornerbacks since the first of three knee surgeries starting in 2011. He was one of the least effective players in the NFL last season.

If his speed and explosiveness are back, though, Britt has a chance to make good on his pledge to re-emerge as a No. 1 starter for his new team.

The latest Around The League Podcast picks the best receiver group in the NFL, and goes deep previewing the season with Bucky Brooks.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again here. I could see him being our Anquan Boldin only better. I wouldn't mind that at all.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again here. I could see him being our Anquan Boldin only better. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Nice!

I doubt he'd cower down to the Niners, either. Still can't get over how frazzled our young studs were against. Bailey making a play or two late in the game was a one of the few bright spots in the unit that day. Our receivers need an additude uplift. I definately beleive Britt brings that to the table.

Judging off of photos, he does look a bit "Hulkish" out there. That's a big, in shape, man. Very exciting. I haven't been this excited about an underdog WO signing since DX. He was a really good player. Very sad how is career is turning with the consitent ailments to his knees.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This is the sort of thing I have wanted to hear about Britt. Kenny can bring a new fire to our recievers letting them know there will be competition for playing time.
I also love the bantering with the CB's they need a big physical productive WR to match up against and some jawing between the WR's and DB's could help elevate the play of both groups. Sometimes the addition of a player is more than just his productiveness, as much as I hope he is very productive I believe his presence is elevating the cometitivenss already

A55VA6

Legend
Britt is very talented.. it all just needs to translate to games. Just stay out of trouble and stay healthy.

lockdnram21

Legend
Nice!

I doubt he'd cower down to the Niners, either. Still can't get over how frazzled our young studs were against. Bailey making a play or two late in the game was a one of the few bright spots in the unit that day. Our receivers need an additude uplift. I definately beleive Britt brings that to the table.

Judging off of photos, he does look a bit "Hulkish" out there. That's a big, in shape, man. Very exciting. I haven't been this excited about an underdog WO signing since DX. He was a really good player. Very sad how is career is turning with the consitent ailments to his knees.
Nice!

Quick made plays late in that game to

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
yea it is surprising i thought Sam would be that guy. just hope his head on straight. We could really use him
I think the media went sniffing elsewhere on Sam, since he's been pretty quiet ever since the OWN series went away. Which is good. Like all the new Rams, we need him concentrating on football, football and football right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I predict a strong start for Britt but I think he will fade as the season goes on because of his knee.

SierraRam

Recreational User

He's certainly faster than Boldin. If the knee holds up, we're looking good (and suprisingly deep) at WR. How long since we could say that?!!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Comeback player of the year?

Haha ok just kidding. But only a little.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You know, it occurs to me that Faulk was a case where he had attitude issues before he came to us, and with us he came to the form he should have always been.

Have we had a case where someone's been injured elsewhere then became really good for us?