Kenny Britt going back to #18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not a fan of WR numbers in the teens.

Stand out by your play, not your number.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
There are those among us who believe both 81 and 18 should of many retired. The Rams were the best team in football in '68. We would have pulverized Broadway Joe. Gabe was the Man! For me, that was the first of many bitter Ram pills to swallow... does this sound familiar?

Officials' mistake proved costly to Los Angeles Rams in 1968
The Los Angeles Rams needed a victory over the Chicago Bears to keep playoff chances alive in 1968. Late in the game with the Rams trailing by a point, the officials lost track of the downs, and L.A. ended up losing.

Look it up - With this win, we go to the SB...
Damn that sucks. I can imagine refs having to be on top of their game with no help from replay or anything like that. That's just ridiculous though. Idk how you forget which down it is. I wish I was a football fan since the 60's :(

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Gabriel and Olsen signed my football at Dad's bank in Long Beach when I was a kid. Wish I still had it. It was burned in a house fire in 72. Instead, I have a 2001 ball with Pace, Wistrom, Martz, Fletcher, Shaw, and Slater. Yeah, I know Jackie wasn't on the team then...but he signed it w a HOF addendum.

As a kid, the Angel Gabriel had nothing on my man Roman.

On a different note, the Bruce/Holt debate is fascinating. Bruce was superior in savvy and competitive fire. Holt was more durable and athletic. Ellard is forgotten but not by me. Henry could've filled either of their roles without a noticeable difference in production. Like my children, I love them each for their uniqueness.
It's pretty amazing that we had arguably the best two receivers ever on one team. I never watched Ellard but I know he was a hell of a reciever coach.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Interesting says it's a Britt thread but reading it the title should be changed to Roman Gabriel has jacked this thread

SierraRam

Recreational User
Interesting says it's a Britt thread but reading it the title should be changed to Roman Gabriel has jacked this thread

It's also an "18" thread. It means a lot to some of us old-timers. Hell, my GI Joe had an #18 Rams Uni!

But, you're right - It's great to have Britt back! He energized our entire receiving core, but there are certain #'s that are sacred.

Among them are: 74, 75, 85, 29, 28, 13... and 18.

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I too am NOT a fan of WR with numbers in the teens. Stay with numbers 80 - 89 please.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's pretty amazing that we had arguably the best two receivers ever on one team. I never watched Ellard but I know he was a hell of a reciever coach.
We didn't have Rice and T.O or Randy Moss

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We didn't have Rice and T.O or Randy Moss
TO???? You mean the guy with one of the worst set of hands ever? Randy Moss was lazy as fuck and Jerry Rice, like i said before, was a complete product of having two HOF QBs his entire career. Oh and stickum.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I watched him a lot! He was a definite "Keeper!":D

lockdnram21

Legend
TO???? You mean the guy with one of the worst set of hands ever? Randy Moss was lazy as freak and Jerry Rice, like i said before, was a complete product of having two HOF QBs his entire career. Oh and stickum.
But TO is 2nd to only rice

lockdnram21

Legend
Yeah I know. I'm not really talking about stats. Pure skill wise, Holt and Bruce are above Owens. IMO of course.
If we're going pure skill nobody's better then Moss or Calvin Johnson. I know Moss plays when he wants to. But when Motivated there was none better. The Allen Iverson of the Nfl

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If we're going pure skill nobody's better then Moss or Calvin Johnson. I know Moss plays when he wants to. But when Motivated there was none better. The Allen Iverson of the Nfl
Moss and Johnson are both pretty one dimensional. Not real good route runners but are both obviously freaks. Holt was just as good at the deep route as both those dudes. But he was elite at everything else too.