Kenny Britt Released By Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-super-bowl-patriots-rams-britt-20180201-story.html

Former Rams receiver Kenny Britt goes from winless Browns to Super Bowl with Patriots
By GARY KLEIN

AYC2DXY3TBA7NATJZPPPXXXQ3U.jpg

Kenny Britt looks on as the New England Patriots practice ahead of Super Bowl LII on Jan. 31. (Elsa / Getty Images)

A trip to the Super Bowl seemed like a long shot for a player on a winless Cleveland Browns team.

But Kenny Britt, a former Rams receiver, has a chance to win a championship ring after the New England Patriots signed him late in the season.

"It's been a whirlwind, to tell you the truth," Britt said this week. "With the change, coming from L.A. to Cleveland to here now, it's been all good since I've been here."

Britt, 29, had a 1,000-yard receiving season for the Rams in 2016. He was not re-signed, however, as new coach Sean McVay and the Rams attempted to change the team's culture.

The struggling Browns gave Britt a four-year, $32.5-million contract, but his 13-game stay in Cleveland was problematic, if profitable.

Britt was inactive for several games and caught only 18 passes for 233 yards in nine games. He collected a guaranteed $10.5 million.

The first day that new general manager John Dorsey joined the Browns organization he cut Britt.

"To tell you the truth, it was up and down," Britt said of his stint with the Browns. "I'm just glad that part is behind me."

The Patriots signed the 6-foot-3, 223-pound Britt to a two-year contract with three games remaining in the regular season. Coach Bill Belichick told reporters, "We'll see how it goes."

Britt caught two passes, but has been inactive for both playoff games.

"I'm just happy and excited to be here," he said. "This is my ninth year in the league, and I'd never been in the playoffs.

"I'm part of something now, and we're still playing football in December and January, and it's kind of cool.

"So whatever it is, I'm just playing my part."

Britt said he was happy for former Rams teammates who won the NFC West and advanced to the playoffs for the first time since 2004.

"Hats off to those guys for what they achieved this year," he said. "I had a great time and a great experience when I was there."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
.....to SB mvp. :ROFLMAO: Oh wait. I guess you have to step on the field first.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 catches in the last 3 games for the Patriots. No appearances in the playoffs. Team had already made the playoffs before he signed.

I'm sure he'll treasure the ring if they win. His should be made out of plastic, though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His "ring" will be about as worthy as David Carr's is...lol

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Basically, one of these groups of former Rams is getting a ring:

Danny Amendola
Kenny Britt

OR

Nick Foles
Donnie Jones
Chris Long
Rodney McLeod

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It's a little sad that of all the former Rams that have signed with the Pats in recent years , SJax might be the only one to not get a ring.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That sorry @$$ buck-toothed biotch. Dude's a damn waterboy on that team who cares.

Ram65

Legend
He could be a big asset in the SB for the Patsies if he got his act together. Gronk, Amendola, Cooks, Britt and Hogan would be hard to cover. He could make them pay for double covering Gronk. One thing about Britt is he always had very good YPCA.

UtahRam

Rookie
I liked Britt. Never understood the hate for him. He played on poor RAMS teams with very little offense and QBs running for their lives.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Britt. Never understood the hate for him. He played on poor RAMS teams with very little offense and QBs running for their lives.

When he was with the Rams I rooted for him, although he didn't seem to be a good influence on the young receivers. When he went to the Browns for a LOT of money, he rapidly played himself off the team thanks to his lack of effort and bad attitude. Basically, he stole from the Browns if he wasn't willing to put forth the effort. And then after getting the money, he signed with the Patriots who apparently regretted it, if playing time is any evidence.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he was with the Rams I rooted for him, although he didn't seem to be a good influence on the young receivers. When he went to the Browns for a LOT of money, he rapidly played himself off the team thanks to his lack of effort and bad attitude. Basically, he stole from the Browns if he wasn't willing to put forth the effort. And then after getting the money, he signed with the Patriots who apparently regretted it, if playing time is any evidence.
He's lazy... I don't like lazy

ausmurp

Starter
He was not activated and inactive players do not get SB rings right? Somebody will have to confirm but I remember a few yrs ago it was made a big deal of bc Belicheck kept someone inactive that was healthy and the player spoke out about it..

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have 10 pounds of don't-care about Britt, that won't flush....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/report-patriots-picking-up-kenny-britts-option/

Patriots picking up Kenny Britt’s option
Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2018

gettyimages-913464822-e1520369867774.jpg

Getty Images

The Patriots brought wide receiver Kenny Britt to the team late last season and they apparently saw enough to keep him around for a longer look in 2018.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Patriots will exercise their option for the second year on Britt’s contract. Britt is set to make just under $1.5 million with another $500,000 in incentives.

Britt signed a richer contract with the Browns last year, but quickly fell out of favor in the first year of a four-year pact. He was released after catching 18 passes in nine games and caught on with the Patriots. He played three games and caught two passes in New England before taking a seat for the entire postseason.

Danny Amendola is a free agent for the Patriots, who hope to have Julian Edelman and Malcolm Mitchell back in action after they missed all of last season with knee injuries. Brandin Cooks, Chris Hogan and Phillip Dorsett round out the receiving group in New England.