Kenny Britt drawing interest - Eagles, Skins, 49ers, Seahawks believed to be in the mix

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Kenny Britt drawing interest, too
Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2017

495259222-e1488834893662.jpg
Getty Images

DeSean Jackson and Terrelle Pryor aren’t the only two teams generating interest before the free agency market opens. Kenny Britt will have options right out of the gates, too.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Rams receiver Kenny Britt has several interested suitors. The Eagles, Washington, 49ers, and Seahawks are believed to be in the mix. At least one more team has currently emerged (not the Patriots, despite the Rutgers connection), and more could eventually join the fray.

The question becomes whether a team views him as a No. 1 or a No. 2 receiver. That dynamic will drive the value of the deal, with a No. 2 contract in the range of $6 million to $8 million per year and a No. 1 contract potentially reaching $10 million.

Britt, who had a string of off-field incidents early in his career, has been a model citizen in recent seasons — and he’s still only 28. He quietly generated a career-high 68 catches and his first 1,000-yard season in 2016 while playing for one of the worst offenses in football.

A first-round pick in 2009 who was 20 when his rookie year began, Britt rocketed to a strong start in 2011, with 271 yards in his first two games before tearing an ACL in Week Three. He could be on the brink of returning to a level of prominence that he temporarily reached five years ago.

Based on the numbers he racked up while playing with an overmatched offense that lacked either strong quarterback or running back play, what could he do with a great quarterback, a great running back, and a great receiver across from him?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If we can't keep him, I sure hope he doesn't consider the she-chickens. And by the way, Florio is a gigantic turd!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If we can't keep him, I sure hope he doesn't consider the she-chickens. And by the way, Florio is a gigantic turd!

I'm not worried about where he goes. I think he's peaked and getting hit by anyone on our D would probably cause him to drop it anyway.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ESPN's Tim McManus reports the Eagles are interested in free agent Kenny Britt.

McManus' report is via "league sources." Per McManus, Britt is "tight" with new Eagles WRs coach Mike Groh, who had the same position in Los Angeles last season. The Eagles are absolutely desperate for receiver help, and Britt won't command a top-tier salary. He would be a smart addition.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...cted-to-show-interest-in-receiver-kenny-britt

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Id like us to keep Britt, he's a really good No. 2 WR and those aren't easy to find. We already have enough holes to fill on this team why add another? Get it done Rams!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Britt to the Skins, Garcon to the Rams...As others has posted about Long for Easley, it's like a trade.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've seen the best that Britt can offer already. I don't care what team, offense, or QB he's receiving for... he's never going to produce more than we have already seen.

I've said it before but... that dude should be lighting up the league on the field. He's physically capable... but his mindset/mental approach are always going to prevent it.

I'm just fine with moving on from Kenny. I don't care where he ends up, because nobody's defense is going to be fearing him on the field... especially ours if we end up not resigning him.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Fool's gold. Balled out in a career year to get paid one last time.

I don't blame him but I don't want him on the team either.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I've seen the best that Britt can offer already. I don't care what team, offense, or QB he's receiving for... he's never going to produce more than we have already seen.

I've said it before but... that dude should be lighting up the league on the field. He's physically capable... but his mindset/mental approach are always going to prevent it.

I'm just fine with moving on from Kenny. I don't care where he ends up, because nobody's defense is going to be fearing him on the field... especially ours if we end up not resigning him.
I was going to post something but this just about sums it up for me.
Give me Garcone and another reliable no 2. I really feel Pharoh is going to step it up this year and break out.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I was going to post something but this just about sums it up for me.
Give me Garcone and another reliable no 2. I really feel Pharoh is going to step it up this year and break out.

Dude, you really need to start spelling Garçon properly.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I wouldn't miss Britt either, not enough yac yards for me. I don't have the stats but we need receivers that can catch and break tackles more than just one game or so. I think Cooper and Spruce can hopefully fill that role.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Let's hope he gets the biggest contract possible. I'd love to get a comp pick for his time with the Rams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He was a good player while he was with the Rams and I don't mind seeing him go just don't want to see him in our division. Last year he turned in the best year a Rams WR has had in a long time with no running game and 7 games with a rookie QB who was getting pounded.

I'm hopeful that Cooper will step up, another quality guy is added. Spruce doesn't impress me, I doubt he will ever have a year like Britt just did and there is no one else on the roster at this point who is going to come close. Including the $8million man

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope the Eagles sign him for $8M per year and think they got a bargain. Gonna enjoy that BS just like any team signing Cook to a big deal. Both are buyer beware IMO.

Spruce doesn't impress me, I doubt he will ever have a year like Britt just did and there is no one else on the roster at this point who is going to come close. Including the $8million man

Not so sure it's wise to count Spruce out. Or more accurately, this is a bad time to do so. He's a smart player, a precise route runner, and has a history of high production. And the new regime will require those things. I doubt he has a 1k yard season this year but he might move from fan fantasy to productive reality this season.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Watching old clips of Tavon in his college days... If McVay has a brilliant offensive mind that everyone says he does... Tavon is gonna be a huge factor next year, with defenses keying on multiple players instead of an obvious one.