Kendall Langford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
With Long and Quinn on the outside, you don't need a crazy pass rush from your 3 tech DT, I'd say Langford has done the job he was signed to do. He and Brockers are going to be big on the run D this year as the team breaks in Ogletree and the safeties, and if last year is any indication he'll fill the role admirably.
As long as someone can set the edge when we play these stupid hamster-like QBs, I'm good. Quinn and Long can collapse the pocket, and Brockers/Langford can make a push, but someone has to cover that C-gap run they'll inevitably break out when our corners are gobbling up their weakass receivers.

My impression was the Ogletree and Dunbar will handle them if they're feeling squirrelly.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I keep forgetting that we drafted such a talent like Ogletree...I just got excited. He gets hardly any press

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PrometheusFaulk said:
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
With Long and Quinn on the outside, you don't need a crazy pass rush from your 3 tech DT, I'd say Langford has done the job he was signed to do. He and Brockers are going to be big on the run D this year as the team breaks in Ogletree and the safeties, and if last year is any indication he'll fill the role admirably.
As long as someone can set the edge when we play these stupid hamster-like QBs, I'm good. Quinn and Long can collapse the pocket, and Brockers/Langford can make a push, but someone has to cover that C-gap run they'll inevitably break out when our corners are gobbling up their weakass receivers.

My impression was the Ogletree and Dunbar will handle them if they're feeling squirrelly.
Probably. But that stupid offense is predicated on sending receivers vertical (and TE's) so that it clears out the middle of the field to open up that C Gap run when the pressure gets up field behind the QB. I SO hate that stupid offense. It's like a girl's brand of Football. Stand in there and either pass on a team or run on them. Stop with the Madden-like QB-run-spread-read-option-happy-horseshit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Stop with the Madden-like QB-run-spread-read-option-happy-horseshit.

A few missile strikes oughta do it. You can open up the middle but once you cross that LOS - all bets are off.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:

Probably. But that stupid offense is predicated on sending receivers vertical (and TE's) so that it clears out the middle of the field to open up that C Gap run when the pressure gets up field behind the QB. I SO hate that stupid offense. It's like a girl's brand of Football. Stand in there and either pass on a team or run on them. Stop with the Madden-like QB-run-spread-read-option-happy-horseshit.

I think Steaming Willie Beamen up there in San Francisco is in for a rude awakening without his buddy Crabs. Wilson gives me more pause, but mostly just because I think he's a smarter cat.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PrometheusFaulk said:
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:

I think Steaming Willie Beamen up there in San Francisco is in for a rude awakening without his buddy Crabs. Wilson gives me more pause, but mostly just because I think he's a smarter cat.
lmao
I loe me some Willliiiee Beaman
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFft6r6Des[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
El Juggernauto said:
I keep forgetting that we drafted such a talent like Ogletree...I just got excited. He gets hardly any press

I'm so excited to see 'tree. His speed is going to make the running qb think twice.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:

The way u set that play up brought back memories of great football>>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqEHjbxtlU[/youtube]

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
EastRam said:
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:

The way u set that play up brought back memories of great football>>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqEHjbxtlU[/youtube]
LoL eastram I used to have one of those but the dude with the ball would always run around in a circle :( Good memories lol

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The Rammer unfamiliar with the nuances of setting up his players:
LoL eastram I used to have one of those but the dude with the ball would always run around in a circle :( Good memories lol

I used to have that same problem until a friend of mine showed my how to "fix" your players. On the bottom of each player there are two plastic stubs sticking out. As these bend due to the vibrations in the surface the players move. Any imperfections in the perpendicularity and/or parallelism of the plastic stubs would cause your players to always head off in one direction or another. The trick is to bend the corners of one or more of the plastic stubs. Sometimes, when looking at the flat stub as the horizontal plane, you would have to bend one of the corners up and sometimes down. It was totally trial and error because your naked eye could rarely see the imperfections in the alignment. Bending both of them forward usually increased their speed.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
albefree69 said:
The Rammer unfamiliar with the nuances of setting up his players:

I used to have that same problem until a friend of mine showed my how to "fix" your players. On the bottom of each player there are two plastic stubs sticking out. As these bend due to the vibrations in the surface the players move. Any imperfections in the perpendicularity and/or parallelism of the plastic stubs would cause your players to always head off in one direction or another. The trick is to bend the corners of one or more of the plastic stubs. Sometimes, when looking at the flat stub as the horizontal plane, you would have to bend one of the corners up and sometimes down. It was totally trial and error because your naked eye could rarely see the imperfections in the alignment. Bending both of them forward usually increased their speed.
Dude Albe, that is a hell of a breakdown! lol

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The Rammer wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that the game's making a comeback and you never know when you might buy one for your kids or grand kids. Glad you got a kick out of it. :ja:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
The Rammer wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that the game's making a comeback and you never know when you might buy one for your kids or grand kids. Glad you got a kick out of it. :ja:

There are some serious leagues. Youtube it.