Kendall Hunter tore his ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Just in time for Lattimore to assume a role in that offense, Not sure that's a good trade off for Rams fans

SierraRam

Recreational User
Wow! Huge blow - Hunter's #2 on the depth chart. LaMichael James will get his chance to put up or shut up.

It's impossible to hate the niners more than me, but I still don't like hearing about any TC injuries...

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
From PFT:
Kendall Hunter suffers torn ACL
Posted by Mike Wilkening on July 26, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq0ywrkmzfhzjyxztljmtm5ody4zwe3otm3ymm0zdnk-e1406392862582.jpeg
AP
The 49ers appear to have lost one of their top reserve running backs for the season.

Fourth-year pro Kendall Hunter has suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, the team said Saturday morning. The injury seems likely to end Hunter’s campaign, assuming the standard recovery of close to a year for an ACL tear.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, Hunter sustained the injury after catching a short pass in Friday’s practice.

With Hunter out for an extended stretch, rookie tailback Carlos Hyde seemingly has a chance to push for a key backup role in his first NFL season. LaMichael James and Marcus Lattimore are also in the mix for carries behind starter Frank Gore.

The 25-year-old Hunter racked up 358 yards and three TDs on 78 carries in 2013. Overall, he’s rushed for 1,202 yards and seven TDs in regular season play since entering the NFL in 2011, averaging 4.6 yards per attempt.

This is the second major leg injury Hunter has suffered in less than two years. He sustained a torn Achilles tendon in 2012, but he returned to play all 16 games last year.

Ram4life11

Rookie
The 9er's are so deep at the RB position, they want miss a beat without Hunter, even though he is a pretty good back up...

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Hunter was a good change of pace runner, which they're not going to replace with Hyde or Lattimore. Will it have a major impact? Probably not. But it's nothing to sneeze at.

FRO

Legend
Just in time for Lattimore to assume a role in that offense, Not sure that's a good trade off for Rams fans
If he can play anymore. He had one of the worst injuries I've ever seen. I would be more concerned with Hyde.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Too bad since there's nothing that ESPN and Whiner fans love more than an excuse for their favorite team. They'll try to turn losing a replacement level/ mediocre backup talent guy into a crisis now. 49ers are three years overdue for some bad luck but I would rather them be exposed for the overrated pretenders that they are without injuries.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There backfield is full of high profile high potential players. One or more will step up. Injuries are never good but they are certainly in a position to fill the hole

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hunter was a good change of pace runner, which they're not going to replace with Hyde or Lattimore. Will it have a major impact? Probably not. But it's nothing to sneeze at.

They actually still have LaMichael James as a good change of pace back. He's just never gotten an opportunity. This probably won't make a difference, even though we want it to.

A55VA6

Legend
They draft a good RB pretty much every year. They've got a lot to work with.

lockdnram21

Legend
If he can play anymore. He had one of the worst injuries I've ever seen. I would be more concerned with Hyde.

me to. I think Latimore. Is on pup. I think the Hyde pick tells how much faith they have in him

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I think the fact that the Niners drafted Carlos Hyde was pretty telling about Marcus Lattimore.

If I'm not mistaken, there were reports that the Niners were interested in trading LaMichael James. If there were, this injury would probably change that desire a little bit.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I'm not mistaken, there were reports that the Niners were interested in trading LaMichael James. If there were, this injury would probably change that desire a little bit.

Agree.

I hate the Niners, but I hate training camp injuries like this more.

I'd rather play teams at their best, our team included in that good fortune.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...-carlos-hyde-frank-gore-battle-start-2014.htm

.......Lattimore is in a similar boat, risking release if his health does not improve. The running back sat out his rookie season, still recovering from a gruesome leg injury suffered in college. The 49ers have been patient with Lattimore, content with letting him get healthy, but that might be running thin as the team is getting forced to make roster cuts. The injury to Hunter is one less player he has to compete with..........

Well not to worry, as Joyner knows how to fix Lattimore's wagon ..:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: