Kelvin Benjamin did what?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Thor..... amild form of slavery? ????

Lol strong hyperbole man.
Fact IS the only reason the draft exists is the union bargained it, they are FA's after X amount of time ,go to the schools they want,the ONLY time their choices get restrictedf is FOR the draft .
That's what I'm saying. It's like 1% of the population that gets to play in the NFL. You should feel lucky to go to any team.
Any OTHER way you'd like to tell them HOW TO FEEL ?

They are free men free to seek employment wherever they like but for the contrived professional leagues , free to FEEL however they please.I fully understand the leagues UTILITY (notice I didn't say need) derived from denying these guys free movement, but when they decide they have a compelling reason to NOT play for a particular franchise ,I'm all for them,ALL FOR THEM.
I've seen TOO MANY extraordinarily talented hard working players play for terrible teams that didn't even try to win or couldn't find their ass with two hands and a flashlight,if they think they are gonna waste their (as you describe) unique chance playing for a slug franchise , I support their decision

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Fact IS the only reason the draft exists is the union bargained it, they are FA's after X amount of time ,go to the schools they want,the ONLY time their choices get restrictedf is FOR the draft .

They are free men free to seek employment wherever they like but for the contrived professional leagues , free to FEEL however they please.I fully understand the leagues UTILITY (notice I didn't say need) derived from denying these guys free movement, but when they decide they have a compelling reason to NOT play for a particular franchise ,I'm all for them,ALL FOR THEM.
I've seen TOO MANY extraordinarily talented hard working players play for terrible teams that didn't even try to win or couldn't find their ass with two hands and a flashlight,if they think they are gonna waste their (as you describe) unique chance playing for a slug franchise , I support their decision

Fair enough. Sometimes I forget that everything we post on here are opinions, and sometimes I feel so strongly about mine that I think there can't be any other logical conclusion.

I do agree that there are a few that are wasted away on absolutely terrible franchises. But, I still think the team that wants to draft you should not get any resistance from you as a player. If you really want to leave after your first contract, hold out for more money...or take a paycut to play elsewhere.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

It is an interesting perspective. I actually used to consider the professional sports draft more akin to indentured servitude, even if that parallel is melodramatic based on modern living conditions.

Still, they're faced with a choice. Stay and work the farm or shipyard, or take a chance on a different opportunity. Sure, you could see success on the farm, shipyard or even as a sailor, but the opportunity awaiting at the land of milk and honey might seem more fitting to your skill set.

In the end, it's all up to the player to make the best of their opportunity regardless of their personal talent level. The outcome of how they handle it is just more public and visible.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
So you get paid a king's ransom to play a game for a living, and you want to try and influence where you're going to be drafted? My God, the entitlement of these immature brats. Take what you can get, and be happy with it. It's your rookie year, you should be foaming at the mouth just at the opportunity to be drafted in the first round.

Dude sounds lazier than Clowney. JMHO.
Lol you stand on your soap box and act like this never happenes. And a kings ransom? Let's look back to a real kings ransom and totally insulting a team to influence where he went One Mr Eli Manning for example. Or how about John elway

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Lol you stand on your soap box and act like this never happenes. And a kings ransom? Let's look back to a real kings ransom and totally insulting a team to influence where he went One Mr Eli Manning for example. Or how about John elway

I never acted like that. I don't think it should happen EVER. It's a privilege to be drafted, and you shouldn't influence where you go ever, IMHO.

iced

I never acted like that. I don't think it should happen EVER. It's a privilege to be drafted, and you shouldn't influence where you go ever, IMHO.

I'm not gonna lie - I probably would if I were a college player..I don't mean super strongly, but I may or may not let the niners, seahawks, and cardinals that i have no interest in playing for them while I'd be extremely grateful if the rams drafted me...

i'm not biased or anything though...

oh, and i'd tell bellicheck to go fuck himself

Watercop

UDFA
It seems to me that if someone is drafted by a team that they don't want to play for they have the option of not signing a contract with that team. I believe they can then sign as a free agent after sitting out a year with whatever team they choose.