Keep an eye on Michael Floyd in FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Personally I hope the Rams ignore FA and focus on Tru, Britt, maybe Quick and look at extending Donald.
Focusing on them is focusing on FA since they will be UFA.... But I get your point.
Britt scares me that he may want top dollar and why wouldn't he? That TA contract should be the starting point if he has a half decent agent

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
lets see how things shake out...4 or 5 games to see what's working...and what's not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marvin Jones signed a 5 year 40 mill gig last year, is that what you'd be thinking?
I'm curious to see how Britt and Quick play with Goff, if they both continue to excel, I wonder what they will look for. Cooper and Thomas might get some looks here too.
Jeffrey>Floyd in my book, as long as money is right

Nah. He's not going to settle for that. But I think he'll settle for less than the $14 million per year DeMaryius and Dez just got paid. Personally, I'd offer him 5 years $55-60 million. It's essentially the contract that Janoris got who had similar risk and upside at CB. I think he's worth every penny.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give me an A.J. Green or Julio Jones, all day over a mixed bag of middling receivers.

Realistically I am just hoping for some guys with great hands

I'm taking a WR corp of:
1. Marvin Jones
2. Golden Taint
3. Jarvis Landry

any day over a WR corp of:
1. A.J. Green
2. Brandon Lafell
3. Eli Rogers

Look at the Saints offense over the past decade. They didn't have #1 WRs. They just had a ton of weapons. I'd rather have a lot of different guys who can get the job done than one dominant guy. I think it's harder to gameplan for and stop.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It depends on what they do with the Donald contract and how much Britt costs. Although, I think they'll prioritize T.J. McDonald over Britt.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm taking a WR corp of:
1. Marvin Jones
2. Golden Taint
3. Jarvis Landry

any day over a WR corp of:
1. A.J. Green
2. Brandon Lafell
3. Eli Rogers

Look at the Saints offense over the past decade. They didn't have #1 WRs. They just had a ton of weapons. I'd rather have a lot of different guys who can get the job done than one dominant guy. I think it's harder to gameplan for and stop.

I don't consider Taint and Landry to be middling receivers. They are much better than Floyd. They are more like 1.5s

Sure I would take that over one dominant guy and two nobodies. I was hoping the Rams could have signed Jones and/or Sanu to go along with Britt. Quick and Austin aren't bringing enough consistently throughout the game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It depends on what they do with the Donald contract and how much Britt costs. Although, I think they'll prioritize T.J. McDonald over Britt.

They supposedly will be 70 mil under the cap this year. They should be able to sign them all if they think they are worth it.

I think TJ may could be replaced with Mo. I don't see him as the priority. He has not played as well as he did two years ago. I don't know what they think about guys like Bryant to play free safety though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They supposedly will be 70 mil under the cap this year. They should be able to sign them all if they think they are worth it.

I think TJ may could be replaced with Mo. I don't see him as the priority. He has not played as well as he did two years ago. I don't know what they think about guys like Bryant to play free safety though.

From what I've seen, they're currently slated to be $40 to $50 million under the cap. I doubt they replace T.J. I think the Rams think very highly of him.(more highly of him than they did McLeod) I think he's up there with Tru on their priority list.

I don't consider Taint and Landry to be middling receivers. They are much better than Floyd. They are more like 1.5s

Sure I would take that over one dominant guy and two nobodies. I was hoping the Rams could have signed Jones and/or Sanu to go along with Britt. Quick and Austin aren't bringing enough consistently throughout the game.

There are a bunch of other WRs you could swap them out with and come to the same conclusion. Neither are #1s.

I don't think Sanu would add much of anything here. Quick has matched his production despite playing in a far less offense with a far lesser QB.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I would like to see Cooper given a test drive in these final 7 games. Not exclusively, mind you, but in the sense of finding out what he can really do. Take him for a nice spin, kinda. I suspect that he could be a future solid contributor.

If he is, then I would love to keep both Britt and Quick. Those 3 could be verrrrry productive with Goff At QB. Quick, btw, has exceeded my early expectations, but still has a ways to go to make me feel comfortable as a real weapon. He needs a solid final 7 games to totally win me over.

Meanwhile, of course, keep our eyes open for picks or FA at WR that seem upgrades. Much more comfortable to do when one feels that they don't have to desperately fill a gaping hole.

Tavon? I would reduce his snaps depending on Cooper's performance. With an eye to releasing him after '17 unless he really comes on strong under our new HC.

Would have loved to have the Tavon and Sensabaugh signing money available for better use on better players. Thank you, Fisher.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tavon? I would reduce his snaps depending on Cooper's performance. With an eye to releasing him after '17 unless he really comes on strong under our new HC.

How about we give Tavon a chance to play with a real starting caliber QB before we throw in the towel on him?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Wasnt making an argument. I was referring to the OP, in there it stated it would be nice to have Floyd and Britt. I agree with your list of priorities and was basically the exact point I was making.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
How about we give Tavon a chance to play with a real starting caliber QB before we throw in the towel on him?

Fair enough, 32.

Never suggested otherwise.

I did suggest that we work in enough snaps for Cooper in these final 7 games to get a handle on what he can bring to the table. Don't think that's unreasonable. Do you?

And these snaps could come from Tavon since he's currently underperforming.

Just common sense, it seems to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough, 32.

Never suggested otherwise.

I did suggest that we work in enough snaps for Cooper in these final 7 games to get a handle on what he can bring to the table. Don't think that's unreasonable. Do you?

And these snaps could come from Tavon since he's currently underperforming.

Just common sense, it seems to me.

Cooper is already being worked in. I think we can find snaps for him by giving all the WRs breaks. I'd also like to see Michael Thomas get some reps.

Tavon does a lot for our running game when he's on the field. Especially when they actually put him in motion.

Bruce2980

Starter
I wouldn't spend the money on him that he'll be asking for. Just not worth it.
A local Phoenix sports radio guy (sorry forgot his name) asked him to his face how does he expects to get paid #1 money with his dropping passes and poor performance. They asked him this at some event they were scheduled to attend together, it was awkward moment but many AZ Card fans don't like this guys performance, they want him gone.

lockdnram21

Legend
Would be hard to sign both Britt and Floyd when you consider Austin was just extended. Thats a lot of capital at one position. Personally I hope the Rams ignore FA and focus on Tru, Britt, maybe Quick and look at extending Donald.
Tru?? He gets injured to much for my likeing. I think we need to draft a cb and let him walk

lockdnram21

Legend

More like fisher isn't getting Quick the ball enough... He's only really had1 bad game

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Cooper is already being worked in. I think we can find snaps for him by giving all the WRs breaks. I'd also like to see Michael Thomas get some reps.

Tavon does a lot for our running game when he's on the field. Especially when they actually put him in motion.

I, too, would like to see more snaps for Michael Thomas, 32.

But claiming that Tavon does a lot for our running game is a tough sell for me. This year anyway.

Ummmmm...

What running game? Lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
More like fisher isn't getting Quick the ball enough... He's only really had1 bad game

I'll admit that I don't watch the All22, and Keenum sure seems to lock onto one target a lot. But for as much as the Rams have been throwing the ball lately I would expect him to have more than 26 catches on the season. He has the size and strength to play more like Britt but he doesn't. I don't think it is Fisher not giving him the ball either. I think Quick is similar to Jarred Cook. Tons of potential shown in flashes but never totally realized. I can't see competing for his services with some other team that thinks they can get more out of him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I, too, would like to see more snaps for Michael Thomas, 32.

But claiming that Tavon does a lot for our running game is a tough sell for me. This year anyway.

Ummmmm...

What running game? Lol.

Did you see what happened in the second half when they started putting him in motion like they did last year?