Keenum's interceptions not all his fault ... according to Moss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why wouldn't you throw a 50/50 jump ball to a 6'4" receiver?
That's why we have those guys.
I agree if the matchup is right but Cromartie is a big man . How about Britt against Jenkins ? Besides that , it was the ugliest jump ball pass I can remember .

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why wouldn't you throw a 50/50 jump ball to a 6'4" receiver?
That's why we have those guys.
Can you show us a video of the last play ? I DVR every game but I pushed delete on this game so I don't have to watch it again .

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That last game sealing INT at the end was 100% his fault, this is a perfect example of why Case shouldn't be a starter. A good QB wouldn't have just thrown it up in the air like that to no one just because the play was designed like that, Quick was wide open even though he ran the wrong route had Case actually looked at what he was doing instead of just blindly tossing it up he could have hit Quick wide open and won the game still. Insert any good QB in that situation and they make the adjustment.

fearsomefour

Legend
Show me one video of a throw it up for grabs pass like Keenum threw to end the game . The defender could of called for a fair catch because it looked like a punt . Anyhow why do you throw a 50/50 ball against a defender who is as big as the receiver . It's called panicking under pressure or choking .
Watch it again.
That is on Quick. There are tons of examples where a QB throws a ball that makes it look like he missed a receiver by 10 yards. Almost always this is two guys not being on the same page. Keenum threw the big rainbow because there was an unblocked rusher. That isent panicking, that is thinking he and the receiver are on the same page and making a throw (a rainbow) to give him time to get there and make a play. One can discuss play calling but if they threw 4 yard check downs everyone would scream about not throwing into the endzone.
The bigger issue, as usual, is the offense as a whole. The Rams didn't score on 11 possessions.
One guy the O is built around caused a pick and fumbled twice.
The other is an average RB at this time.
It is frustrating to watch a team with talent constantly stub its toe.
When Fisher said he would make at changes at WR before QB he was speaking angrily about that last play I am sure. He probably should go with Goff at this point but not because of Keenum. The playoffs are an outside shot at this point but his concerns (I am assuming these are his concerns) are legit.
The O line is not very good. The other protection for a young QB, the running game, is a joke. Miscommunications like on Sunday morning stand to increase not decrease with a rookie QB.
I barely care at this point in terms of this season. I would certainly consider making the Goff change along with a couple of others if I were in Fishers spot. But, I understand why he isent.....and not because I love Keenum or Fisher and not because I am a moron.....but because I understand reasoning.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This
I could see that play if it were 4th down, but it wasn't.
And they still had a lot of time on the clock AND a TO left
When the QB throws that lofted pass, its usually one of the plays were the WR is in the best position to catch it.
The way Keenum threw it, I think everyone on the field including the cheerleaders had a fair shot at it...

Not to mention, it was 3rd down and they could have made a 1st down without scoring. Terrible situational awareness there.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch it again.
That is on Quick. There are tons of examples where a QB throws a ball that makes it look like he missed a receiver by 10 yards. Almost always this is two guys not being on the same page. Keenum threw the big rainbow because there was an unblocked rusher. That isent panicking, that is thinking he and the receiver are on the same page and making a throw (a rainbow) to give him time to get there and make a play. One can discuss play calling but if they threw 4 yard check downs everyone would scream about not throwing into the endzone.
The bigger issue, as usual, is the offense as a whole. The Rams didn't score on 11 possessions.
When Fisher said he would make at changes at WR before QB he was speaking angrily about that last play I am sure. He probably should go with Goff at this point but not because of Keenum. The playoffs are an outside shot at this point but his concerns (I am assuming these are his concerns) are legit.
The O line is not very good. The other protection for a young QB, the running game, is a joke. Miscommunications like on Sunday morning stand to increase not decrease with a rookie QB.
I barely care at this point in terms of this season. I would certainly consider making the Goff change along with a couple of others if I were in Fishers spot. But, I understand why he isent.....and not because I love Keenum or Fisher and not because I am a moron.....but because I understand reasoning.
OK . I'd still like to see a pass like that by any QB . The rest I agree on .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch it again.
I agree, watch it again.
That ball should be thrown over Quick left shoulder keeping Quick body between he and the defender
That lolly pop pass was thrown too much towards the middle of the end zone for that play to work
Quick may have blown the read, but that pass was horrific and with the defender in perfect position at best would have been a 25/75 ball in favor of DRC

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm not a Case basher.....ok, maybe I am....but still....even I know Case isn't to blame for all of the passes that were intercepted.....

He threw 53 balls...and for some reason he continued to float many of them that went past 20 yards...He ran into 2 of the 3 sacks...and yet, some have stated he's an "accurate" thrower....

I was ready to forgive this terrible game...I could have sworn we were gonna win....Case went Case on me....bashing must continue....

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
that pass is not even where it is supposed to be you have to throw it to the corner not straight up in the air. also the defender backed off the receiver that's a crap read by keenum and a good read by quick. fisher said he was ok with a 50/50 throw like that that's BS that crap is on keenum all day long. Tavon saved his ass on the TD Quick was wide open for TD's twice and Keenum throws crappy passes give me fricken break with this its on the receiver shit

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Maybe I'm just forgetful, but I can't recall many QBs throwing up a lollipop jump ball towards the middle of the EZ, except for a Hail Mary. Actually don't think I've ever seen it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree if the matchup is right but Cromartie is a big man . How about Britt against Jenkins ? Besides that , it was the ugliest jump ball pass I can remember .
Well sure it was ugly. There was only a defender there.
What was ugly was Quick not recognizing the audible and not being where the ball was.
But I can't blame him for that. I have no idea how well it was communicated, or if he was even paying attention.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you show us a video of the last play ? I DVR every game but I pushed delete on this game so I don't have to watch it again .
Yeah, gimme a few minutes.

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
Just curious but if those 2 that were on the WR, which I and most others acknowledge, were caught and for big gains or even TD's. Would the day Case put up be acceptable?
He again threw for almost 300 yards. If he has a six foot reciever instead of a short guy running across the middle (blame Boras) our conversation today might be different.

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
We need a QB that throws much more accurately...Case is a fearless chucker, and he is pretty good at throwing his floating passes to the right place. Yet we need a real starting QB, and Case ain't that guy.
What kind of offensive coach sends a 5' 8" receiver over the middle on crossing patterns? As for Keenum, he again threw for almost 300 yards and if he had a moderately good receiver like Odell Beckham or Marvin Jones, we would not be having this conversation. Send Keenum to a team with a good offensive line, send him to a team with some good receivers, send him to a team that knows how to not commit penalties, send him to a team which knows how to mix the run and pass.

There a many reasons this is a middle of the pack team. Most teams are and deep down the owners and coaches know why.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What kind of offensive coach sends a 5' 8" receiver over the middle on crossing patterns? As for Keenum, he again threw for almost 300 yards and if he had a moderately good receiver like Odell Beckham or Marvin Jones, we would not be having this conversation. Send Keenum to a team with a good offensive line, send him to a team with some good receivers, send him to a team that knows how to not commit penalties, send him to a team which knows how to mix the run and pass.

There a many reasons this is a middle of the pack team. Most teams are and deep down the owners and coaches know why.
Any time Case Keenum throws more than 50 times, we will be having this conversation.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Maybe I'm just forgetful, but I can't recall many QBs throwing up a lollipop jump ball towards the middle of the EZ, except for a Hail Mary. Actually don't think I've ever seen it.

I bet Hekker wishes he could get the same hang time on his punts. I think that pass brought rain.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He again threw for almost 300 yards. If he has a six foot reciever instead of a short guy running across the middle (blame Boras) our conversation today might be different.
Doesn't answer my question but actually it kind of does. You're going to blame the WR's for the ints but not acknowledge how many of his TD's and big plays were great plays by the WR. See we can't have it both ways and that's why the blame game in a team sport is such a garbage maneuver. Keenum might have had two less int's yesterday but he'd have about 2/3 of the TD's he's throw if not for the WR's.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
That was a designed lollypop throw for Quick to jump for. It was either to be caught, or cause a PI penalty on the defense. I don't blame Case for that one. The two middle interceptions were totally his fault though...

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Cromartie is in Quicks face before the snap and would have his back to the ball it's a good audible , but he was in the endzone and watching Keenum. Quick had about a 10% chance with no chance of PI even if he recognized the audible