Keenum vs. Davis - Who You Got?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
At the #2 QB spot (OK, OK, #3 if you want to make Mannion the backup out of the chute), who do you see winning the battle between Keenum and Davis, and why?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IDK why exactly I just like what I've seen!
I'll Take Keenum!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keenum throws a better deep ball and Fisher was very impressed that Keenum won two games with the Texans, plus Rams spent a 7th round for Case.

Now I won't sell Davis short, but IMO, Keenum will be given every opportunity to become the number 2 and who knows??? Sean Mannion is so freaking good the Rams might just carry two QB's and both Keenum and Davis will be sent packing or traded for a conditional draft choice.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can I choose neither?
You can. Would you only carry 2 QBs, and have neither on the PS? Or is there another guy out there without a team or you expect to get cut you'd put in place of them?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You can. Would you only carry 2 QBs, and have neither on the PS? Or is there another guy out there without a team or you expect to get cut you'd put in place of them?
I guess if I had to choose one I would go with Keenum. But I would rather roll with Mannion on the PS and pick up a veteran. I know Shaun Hill didn't work out, but I think someone like Tavaras Jackson or a more mobile QB would be better suited in a back up role.

WvuIN02

Starter
Keenum. I dont think the answer is with either of those two, but I love what I saw from Keenum.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess if I had to choose one I would go with Keenum. But I would rather roll with Mannion on the PS and pick up a veteran. I know Shaun Hill didn't work out, but I think someone like Tavaras Jackson or a more mobile QB would be better suited in a back up role.
Mannion would last a week on the PS before someone signed him to their active roster.

UDFA
Neither as backup, either on the practice squad becsuse if we get to them, the season is a tire fire.
Mannion will be the backup, I'd guess.
Smart & developed in a pro offense.
They'll use the roster spot for OL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
oh brother....
tooth ache or migraine headache...which is worse?

ear ache or ingrown toenail?

pink eye or strep-throat?

gonorrhea or the crabs?

jusk kidding....lol....Tough, but I've seen Davis, but I'll go Keenum if he can throw farther....

V3

Hall of Fame
Rams will keep Keenum because they gave up picks to get him back(after letting him goo_O). They also already know what Davis is and it wasn't enough.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Yeah. They should of just kept using Davis last season instead of bringing back Sean "over the hill" Hill. Yeah you can say Davis had his shot last season...Therefore won't be useful this season...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Has to be Keenum. They gave up a seventh round pick for him. They also didn't tender Davis, and nobody picked him up. Have to think that Davis' time in the league is short.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I said it at the time that Hill took over and I still mean it, I never want to see Davis play in a Rams uniform again.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I said it at the time that Hill took over and I still mean it, I never want to see Davis play in a Rams uniform again.

What's sad is i think it had to do a lot with Schotty's shotty play calling. And it was Davis' s inexperience to adapt to it. Schotty thought complexity was better. I don't think that is the case. Anyways glad he is gone should of been gone long ago.

…..

Legend
I'm going to stand by what I said last year. The more Davis learned, the worse he got.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Keenum. I'm predicting Foles, Keenum, Mannion in that order to start. Davis is headed to PS if he stays I would think.