Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Also, everyone keeps saying our O-line was terrible sunday, but G-rob was pretty much the extent of the badness, in fact two of our linemen, Havenstein and Reynolds graded positive on PFF.

Our blocking was at the best its' been all year long.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I didn't say they wouldn't be better with Davis. That's how bad Foles has been.

But quoting stats to make your argument is pretty lame. Austin Davis is not and will never be a starting caliber NFL QB.

Sure, that's your opinion, but I disagree. Especially since he was a starting caliber NFL QB just last year. Perhaps not as good as you would like (and I still point to his inexperience) or a prototype of which teams search. But, he was and those lame stats minus someone like Gurley helps tell me so. You choose to remember the pick 6s via inexperience (I say). I choose to do so and not forget the 12 TD passes in 8 or 9 starts.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not trying to be all negative... but, to me, the more pressing problems remain unsolved (HC, OC, Oline, WRs and TEs). Fisher had no choice and, ultimately, threw Foles under the bus for what I believe is just as much his fault (bad coaching hires and too much control over a really bad offensive scheme).

Of course, Fisher isn't going to look in the mirror... but, I'm not going to get too up about switching one of the chess pieces when the strategy to win the game is most likely flawed.

Sorry, guys (and gals)...

No I agree with you especially the bolded parts. I'm not expecting Keenum to come in and magically turn our season around but I do think he has a chance to be better than Foles just because of his mobility and being fresh. Foles has just been beaten down this season and it's showing. Just compare how he throws and looks from week 1 to last week. It hasn't been only Foles fault.... bad o-line play (lots of inexperience and no time for some of them to acclimate to their spots in training camp via constant moving around and rotating by coaching staff), awful play calling (repeat same play over and over again some games, lack of some pretty common NFL plays, no trying to change rhythms of defense and just smashing the same plays that haven't been working against the defense again and again), bad route running and drops by WRs/TEs, etc. By no means do I blame this season on just Foles. But at this point Fisher is right that he just needs a break.... a break from the position Fisher has put him in. Keenum could very well look exactly the same by end of the season lol.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I guess the Rams still read our board. Wish they would have checked in a few weeks ago.(y)

maximus

Rookie
You say I can't bash him with lies, but you can defend him with fallacies? The Bears are the 24th ranked D in the league.

Bears, ranked 8th in total defense. That is the very first stat NFL uses to rank defenses. Straight from NFL.com. Top of the page
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

I defend him with fallacies? Right. But saying that they are the 24th ranked D is not a lie. Right.

You list how bad they were in run defense, yet they did very well against Gurley, limiting him to 3.8 ypc. Worse, the refs limited Gurley to only 12 carries, by helping the Bears build a 2 TD lead, which made the team abandon the run. Outside of the 1st drive, Gurley was a total no-factor. That allowed the Bears to key on the pass. Exactly what they wanted, to take Gurley out of the game, and to key on the pass. The Rams D and the refs allowed them to do just that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bears, ranked 8th in total defense. That is the very first stat NFL uses to rank defenses. Straight from NFL.com. Top of the page
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

I defend him with fallacies? Right. But saying that they are the 24th ranked D is not a lie. Right.

You list how bad they were in run defense, yet they did very well against Gurley, limiting him to 3.8 ypc. Worse, the refs limited Gurley to only 12 carries, by helping the Bears build a 2 TD lead, which made the team abandon the run. Outside of the 1st drive, Gurley was a total no-factor. That allowed the Bears to key on the pass. Exactly what they wanted, to take Gurley out of the game, and to key on the pass. The Rams D and the refs allowed them to do just that.
Chicago is ranked 23 in points allowed per game. And that's after the turd burger the Rams laid down on Sunday.
Yardage is almost irrelevant, I'll take the team that gives up 400 yards and 10 points over the team that gives up 350 yards but 21 points
They dont have a good D

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
I'm not expecting a great deal of improvement with Keenum, but I think some small improvements can make all of the difference with this team. As someone above mentioned, 200 yards per game in passing would most likely put us in position for another field goal or two per game. If we add 6 additional points per game, plus a little more rest time for the defense to keep them fresh, then this team looks exactly like what we should expect from a Jeff Fisher team. Probably gets a couple more W's as well. Not a groundbreaking revelation or anything, just a slight course correction to get the Rams back to where they should be.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Them stopping Gurley doesn't mean their D isn't terrible, it just means our offense was that much worse. It's not hard to stack the box and stop a running back when their QB can't make a throw to save his life. Also lets not bullshit, Gurley got 12 whole carries the game, while Nick Foles was out there throwing to the imaginary Paul Bunyans he saw on the field. That's less than half than what he got in most other games.

Also, they rank 8th... In passing yards given up. In points given they're ranked 28th, 23 in passing TDs given, 25 in INTs. 26 in rushing yards allowed. Coupled with all the stats about their D I already posted. So they're the top 10 in passing yards, but they're terrible at everything else? Definitely a top 10 D.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2015.htm#team_stats::none

Last edited:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
090515-CFB-UCLA-quarterback-Josh-Rosen-throws-MM-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.55.jpg

Dude looks a little skinny. He needs to put on 15-20 lbs.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I just like how the Bears are all cocky after the win. That team is going nowhere. We're going 11-5.

maximus

Rookie
Them stopping Gurley doesn't mean their D isn't terrible, it just means our offense was that much worse. It's not hard to stack the box and stop a running back when their QB can't make a throw to save his life. Also lets not bullcrap, Gurley got 12 whole carries the game, while Nick Foles was out there throwing to the imaginary Paul Bunyans he saw on the field. That's less than half than what he got in most other games.

Also, they rank 8th... In passing yards given up. In points given they're ranked 28th, 23 in passing TDs given, 25 in INTs. 26 in rushing yards allowed. Coupled with all the stats about their D I already posted. So they're the top 10 in passing yards, but they're terrible at everything else? Definitely a top 10 D.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2015.htm#team_stats::none

So they have a good pass defense. And a bad run defense. Exactly. The game was played right into their hands. They did not stack the box, they kept the 2 safeties out of the box. The holding calls meant that the Rams had to pass, to go against their strength. After the first drive, drive after drive after drive was killed by the refs with holding calls, until the Bears built a 2 TD lead. During those drives, Gurley was taken out of the game, they had to pass again and again to gain the 20 yards, and the Bears could really focus to defend the pass, exactly what they do best.

Then, after the 2 TD lead was built, Rams again had to pass pass to catch them, again Gurley was taken out of the game, that is why he ended up with only 12 runs, a total non-factor after the 1st drive. Again the Bears could really focus to defend the pass, exactly what they do best. Nice of you to make the arguments for me. Thanks.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
So they have a good pass defense. And a bad run defense. Exactly. The game was played right into their hands. They did not stack the box, they kept the 2 safeties out of the box. The holding calls meant that the Rams had to pass, to go against their strength. After the first drive, drive after drive after drive was killed by the refs with holding calls, until the Bears built a 2 TD. During those drives, Gurley was taken out of the game, they had to pass again and again to gain the 20 yards, and the Bears could really focus to defend the pass, exactly what they do best.

Then, after the 2 TD lead was built, Rams again had to pass pass to catch them, again Gurley was taken out of the game, that is why he ended up with only 12 runs, a total non-factor after the 1st drive. Again the Bears could really focus to defend the pass, exactly what they do best. Nice of you to make the arguments for me. Thanks.
They have a nice pass defense? Only 9 teams have given up more TDs from the pass then them. "Chicago has been rifled for a 101.1 passer rating this season, sixth-worst among the 32 teams. The Bears have been air-raided for 17 touchdown passes, and have countered with only four interceptions. And this final stat may prove soothing for Foles: the Bears have only 14 sacks this season. I bolded it so this time you don't cut it of the post in your reply. They are not a good D, at all. Not Top 10 like you originally stated, nor a good passing D like you're trying to nestle into now. They are a bad D and even they know it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
the more pressing problems remain unsolved (HC, OC, Oline, WRs and TEs).
I will submit that all these positions will look MUCH better in 3 weeks...You'll see marked improvement on Sunday...esp. from Quick & Cook...Two serious ballers.
A QB is paid the way he is because his influence on the success of a team, specifically the offense...Brady is more than 1/3...he's probably more than 2/3rds...I'd say 3/4....Hell, Romo is 3/4ths.....I good QB helps the defense...3 & outs kill defenses...So, you're being a little...a little disingenuous....to say that a QB is only about 1/4 of any offense...even an offense as pitiful as this...And If a Stafford, Luck, Cutler, Cam, Carr, Winston, Manziel...yeah I added Johnny....were running this ship...we'd be rolling...and I bet Brett Hundley IS better than Foles...Mannion too...

Dude looks a little skinny. He needs to put on 15-20 lbs.
Oh he will....they have some excellent selections in Westwood....I see him at 235 lbs in 5 years...