Keenum is Back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Added to the Practice squad.

(If already posted then please delete.)

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Cut him, claim him. If I was't a Rams fan it would be funny. I have to question the Rams management.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut him, claim him. If I was't a Rams fan it would be funny. I have to question the Rams management.

Every team does this. They need the room on the 53 man roster, so players get cut and then if they are unclaimed the team signs them to the PS. It's routine to churn the back of the roster like this - not just routine, absolutely necessary. I doubt that there is any team in the NFL that hasn't done it this season, so it's no reason to question the Rams.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I actually thought it was a brilliant move because he's probably the least likely play to see the field Sunday and is still a Ram on the PS. This frees up a position of greater need like a LB'er or anyone who can play ST's. It frees up a spot at no expense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have never understood. Why does a team have to cut, a player, then IF he clears waivers, then they can re-sign him to the practice squad. Why can't a team just assign a player from the 53 man roaster to the PS, and cut out the waiver-wire BS!? Anyone know?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I have never understood. Why does a team have to cut, a player, then IF he clears waivers, then they can re-sign him to the practice squad. Why can't a team just assign a player from the 53 man roaster to the PS, and cut out the waiver-wire BS!? Anyone know?
Because when a player is signed from the waiver wire, the signing team gets the player at the terms of the contract he had with the last team.

Whereas if a player was assigned to the practice squad, a team stealing him gets him for League Minimum I believe.

So, it's basically being fair to the player.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it gives the player the best opportubity to be more successful. It's a good thing but it stinks if someone claims them. A guy like Rivers comes to mind a couple seasons ago.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So Hekker is the number 3 in a disaster. While I would never wish ill on AD or SH, to beat the Niners with a punter at QB would be epic and fuel trash talking for a decade!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Hekker is the number 3 in a disaster. While I would never wish ill on AD or SH, to beat the Niners with a punter at QB would be epic and fuel trash talking for a decade!
Well that would be the case whether they had waived keenum in the first place. He was inactive in every game any way.
Keenum is provided exactly the same role as he did a week ago. Only difference is that he doesn't take a 53 spot. And of course could be claimed now by any other team. (Unlikely)

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Well that would be the case whether they had waived keenum in the first place. He was inactive in every game any way.
Keenum is provided exactly the same role as he did a week ago. Only difference is that he doesn't take a 53 spot. And of course could be claimed now by any other team. (Unlikely)
3rd string quarterback can play but if he enters the game before the 4th quarter the 1st and 2nd string qbs can't return to the game.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think we also get the opportunity to promote the player to our 53 man roster if another team does try to steal him too. All of this is completely unlikely however.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3rd string quarterback can play but if he enters the game before the 4th quarter the 1st and 2nd string qbs can't return to the game.
No more 3rd qb rule
If a player is inactive, he's inactive