Keenum interested in Rams?/Latsch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Keenum interested in Rams?

By Nate Latsch

http://stl.scout.com/story/1524698-keenum-interested-in-rams?s=124

Could a quarterback from the St. Louis Rams’ recent past be one of the possible answers in its future? That’s one rumor floating around at the free agency period begins this week.

Case Keenum was claimed by the Rams near the end of the 2014 preseason after being waived by the Houston Texans. He spent some time on the 53-man roster before being released and added to the practice squad.

Keenum was later signed by the Texans after a string of injuries to their quarterbacks and ended up starting two games for Houston.

Now he goes into this offseason as an exclusive rights free agent and P.D. Starr at StateoftheTexans.com wrote that the Rams would be a team to watch for Keenum.

“Keenum wants an opportunity to play, but it is highly unlikely it will happen in Houston,” Starr wrote. “He would probably appreciate the Texans not tendering him and allowing him to be a free agent. The St. Louis Rams is a team to watch. That was the team from which the Texans claimed Keenum in the 2014 season. Keenum showed enough to possibly warrant some guaranteed money to become a backup on another team’s roster.”

The Rams’ quarterback situation is fluid this offseason.

Sam Bradford has one more year on his massive rookie contract but is coming off back-to-back season-ending ACL injuries. The two quarterbacks who played for the Rams in 2014 — Shaun Hill and Austin Davis — are both free agents.

Hill, who signed a one-year deal with the Rams last offseason, is an unrestricted free agent. Davis is, like Keenum, an exclusive rights free agent.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Friday that the Rams hade made a contract offer to Hill and have tendered Davis a deal at the minimum level of $1.5 million. As an exclusive rights free agent, the Rams have the ability to match whatever offer Davis gets from another team if they choose to do so.

The Rams obviously liked Keenum enough to claim him after Bradford was injured in the preseason, but they opted not to protect him by keeping him on the 53-man roster for the duration of the season. That allowed him to sign with the Texans, who he led to a pair of victories in late December.

Keenum, 27, has had mixed results in his NFL career. He has started 10 games for the Texans in 2013 and 2014 and went 2-8. He completed 55.2 percent of his passes for 2,195 yards, with 11 touchdowns and eight interceptions, and a QB rating of 76.8.

As a point of comparison, Davis started eight games for the Rams in 2014 — his first NFL action — and completed 63.4 percent of his passes for 2,001 yards, with 12 touchdowns and nine interceptions and a QB rating of 85.1. The Rams went 3-5 during his starts, the same record that Hill posted as the St. Louis starter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sam Bradford has one more year on his massive rookie contract but is coming off back-to-back season-ending ACL injuries.
I wonder if reporters are aware of the fact that no matter how often it's stated, we fucking know this already.

That aside, yes please. He can take the 2nd QB spot behind Bradford (or to throw Jrry a bone, Cutler) and our first day draft pick.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't care...I don't believe squat...I don't think the Rams will even play in the NFL in 2015...I know I probably hide it well, but I'm just sick of all the this, that, whatever crap...I've heard every single rumor, want, don't want on Earth...I'm just going to wait for FA, the draft and the season to regroup and get going again...

jjab360

Legend
I swear I don't know where some of these guys get the titles for their articles from. It's like they think they can write whatever they want as long as they quote some other guy's article and put a question mark at the end of the title.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't care...I don't believe squat...I don't think the Rams will even play in the NFL in 2015...I know I probably hide it well, but I'm just sick of all the this, that, whatever crap...I've heard every single rumor, want, don't want on Earth...I'm just going to wait for FA, the draft and the season to regroup and get going again...

:cautious:o_O:wtf:

As for the actually topic, not the pitty party, this title is very misleading. It mentioned nothing about Keenum being interested coming back to our bench.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Man, this off-season is dragging on and on... I need to take up fishing or something

Gardening works for me. Raising rabbits and chickens too.. Will prolly get into fishing some this year though. :cool:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
:cautious:o_O:wtf:

As for the actually topic, not the pitty party, this title is very misleading. It mentioned nothing about Keenum being interested coming back to our bench.

It's all in the puncuation.........they just forgot to add a question mark that's all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When it comes to Keenum, I have to admit that I had a classic case of 3rd string qb-itis
You know, the hope that he was the next diamond in the rough, nobody to superstar kinda guy
I still think he's an upgrade from Hill from a backup perspective but that's about it

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When it comes to Keenum, I have to admit that I had a classic case of 3rd string qb-itis
You know, the hope that he was the next diamond in the rough, nobody to superstar kinda guy
I still think he's an upgrade from Hill from a backup perspective but that's about it
If you can, watch some videos of him in HOU last year and in 2013.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you can, watch some videos of him in HOU last year and in 2013.
I watched him in Houston and last year live (Thanks Direct Tv)
He played much better than the results showed in 2013, particularly in his early games. Team was just a total disaster. And I also thought he played well at times last year despite having no practice time with the team.
Still and all, backup QB is at best his position in the NFL right now

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I watched him in Houston and last year live (Thanks Direct Tv)
He played much better than the results showed in 2013, particularly in his early games. Team was just a total disaster. And I also thought he played well at times last year despite having no practice time with the team.
Still and all, backup QB is at best his position in the NFL right now
I agree. There may be a chance that he could develop into something more, but I saw enough of him that I liked to be comfortable with him in reserve.