Keenan Allen flagged for drug test at NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[tweet]324175368158322689[/tweet]
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/324175368158322689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 8158322689</a>

Cal WR Keenan Allen was red-flagged for a drug test at the NFL Combine, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Allen was retested this month. Schefter adds that the Cal product is the top receiver on some boards and his agent denies a failed drug test and the results from the recent test are unknown. This news, along with a slowed healing process from a PCL injury, certainly will not Allen's evaluation as the draft draws closer. It is not unreasonable to think he will last all the way until the late second-round.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/24703/nfl-draft-headlines?r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/ ... dlines?r=1</a>

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If he lasted till #48 you'd think we would be all over that.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Is he another problem child though? Couple this with an uninspiring 40 time and an unfortunately slow rehab rate is a turn-off for me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Keenan Allen has a hard worker reputation. I'm not worried about him as a player other than the news of this drug test.

Wow. Hopefully it's some drug related to his recovery.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know, if they would just legalize marij.......

never mind. :neh:

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The Dude said:

I still say that Broncos players shouldn't get suspended for Mary Jane. :?!:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
The Dude said:

It really amazes me that we have cigarettes and alcohol legal when marijuana is illegal. I mean why make the more healthier product legal instead of the other two that are proven to kill millions by the year, when there is not one case of one death from bud, gtfo legal system. :fk:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Barrison6 said:
The Dude said:

It really amazes me that we have cigarettes and alcohol legal when marijuana is illegal. I mean why make the more healthier product legal instead of the other two that are proven to kill millions by the year, when there is not one case of one death from bud, gtfo legal system. :fk:

It'll be legal in less than 20 years, as the new generation takes over, they're far more liberal on social issues (pot, gay marriage, etc) and the legislation will lean that way when politicians start seriously trying to win over their votes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah, that's a plan. Have millions of potheads behind the wheel of a car. It's bad enough the amount of people drink driving. Don't want to add the weed to the list.

bluecoconuts

Legend
kurtfaulk said:

Yeah, that's a plan. Have millions of potheads behind the wheel of a car. It's bad enough the amount of people drink driving. Don't want to add the weed to the list.

Regulate it like you do booze. The pot laws don't stop people from smoking it, certainly not from driving while high. Honestly if it were to be legalized, there probably wouldn't be much of a change in how much it's used. If people want to get pot, it's everywhere and too easy to get. We waste too much money throwing people in jail for petty pot charges anyway.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kurtfaulk said:

I understand your point, but have you ever driven on weed? Paranoia prevents you from going 1 MPH over the speed limit (holy shit is that a cop???), and you're never going to drive recklessly because you're keenly aware of your surroundings. There are probably more people on prescription pain meds out driving than there are 'potheads' anyway.

Alcohol just makes you stupid sloppy. Roll that back and replace it with weed.

Problem solved.

Plus I can make a ton of cash making moonshine.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Do we know that he failed it for pot? It probably was since it stays in the system longer than anything else. Just wondering.

Not promoting driving and smoking in anyway... but nobody that is smoked-out is in a major hurry to get anywhere, and road-rage would be nonexistent. But in any event, hopefully I see the day where it is legal everywhere... for the sake of the ganja smokers of course.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Selassie I said:
Do we know that he failed it for pot? It probably was since it stays in the system longer than anything else. Just wondering.

Not promoting driving and smoking in anyway... but nobody that is smoked-out is in a major hurry to get anywhere, and road-rage would be nonexistent. But in any event, hopefully I see the day where it is legal everywhere... for the sake of the ganja smokers of course.

Good question. Could be PED's. Could be a drug he's taking for his injury.

We'll soon know.

Sent from my mom's basement using Tapatalk HD

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not suggesting anyone drive while on ANYTHING. But they had a show on the other day where they took some people up in WA and got them to the legal limit. Out of the six drivers, all six passed sobriety tests AND driving tests. It was not until 4 times the legal limit for WA before the off duty officer said he would consider pulling the first person over to give them a test. I thought it was pretty remarkable really. Several of the drivers were WAAAAY over the limit.

I sell alcohol so it's not like I'm advocating for the "competition" or anything but as a tax payer, I'm incensed over the amount of money we waste and the violence we foster trying to fight something as innocuous as weed. Take all (every bit) of those resources and use them to go hard after meth. That shit is the scourge of society.

iced

Selassie I said:

Myth - this is purely dependent on use. If you're not a regular user and extremely active, you can have it out in a few days.

bluecoconuts

Legend
iced said:
Selassie I said:

Myth - this is purely dependent on use. If you're not a regular user and extremely active, you can have it out in a few days.

It depends on the person, usually it's about 30 days, even for first time users that just tried a little bit. It could be less could be more, it all depends on the person and the THC amount, their daily lives, etc, but it could be more or less.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wait, what were we talking about?
Oh yeah now I remember

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsEr78s_d4s[/youtube]

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
iced said:
Selassie I said:

Ehh neither my or fact it depends on person. However hair folical test can get you regardless