KD on the 'bones' of this team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
wolfman84 said:
Interesting that he mentioned Gibson.

My thought exactly.

Amendola, SJ, and Hayes... these are above average players you pay to keep.

Gibson can be replaced on the cheap, perhaps a guy on our PS already or the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gibby. You light up my life sometimes, and then you make me wanna punch your dog.

If he could just put it all together.... :nono:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wow, as one of those unimpressed by Gibby, I thought he made some good progress this year. That's the only tthing I've been wanting to see; before he was stagnant, now he got better.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
Wow, as one of those unimpressed by Gibby, I thought he made some good progress this year. That's the only tthing I've been wanting to see; before he was stagnant, now he got better.

He did make good progress this year. He's NFL quality.

But, our WR corp needs to change. I can't see spending FA dollars on Gibson when the plan is to upgrade the WR corp.

With an upgraded WR corp, Gibson is definitely down the depth chart. And down the depth chart is where low cost vets, UDFA, rookies supplement the roster.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd like to see Gibby back. Yeah he can infuriate me sometimes but he has gotten better, DOES get some sepration, and I think he and Sam are fairly comfortable together.

I think that is what KD is saying anyway. We could look outside for someone to replace that type of player (and we likely will look) but if OUR guy is learning and improving within OUR system, isn' it about as likely to spend a bunch of cap space on a lateral move? I was looking at the FA list and I just don't see any guaranteed locks out there for the #1 WR position. Keep in mind who is throwing at some of these high profile WRs and how much time these QBs have had in a system and the protections they enjoy much of the time. Does that automatically translate? Of the top 25 WRs in the league, how many were acquired via free agency? Two? Maybe three?