KD at fan luncheon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jimitroutboy said:
Candid Comments From Kevin Demoff at Fan Luncheon

Listeners to TheITDRoll.com Morning After may know Justin In Columbia for his constant attacks on Producer Joe. Whether it be by text or by email, Justin In Columbia has made it clear he’s no fan of @ProdJoe.

But, Justin In Columbia does love the Rams. He’s a season ticket holder and has been for the last couple of seasons.

And, yesterday, Rams’ COO Kevin Demoff hosted a luncheon for season ticket holders in which he addressed all kinds of topics that would be of great interest to Rams’ fans.

I saw Justin In Columbia posted about it on Rams Talk on STLToday.com, so I got in touch with him and discussed the post. He said I was welcome to post it on insideSTL.com, and that he would elaborate on any questions I may have. So, here’s a look at Justin In Columbia’s reporting on Demoff’s comments:

1) "Don't listen to the media" when it comes to the lease situation. Fans have never heard anyone from the Rams organization say the team may leave. They wouldn't be doing season ticket holder luncheons, all the community service they do, expanding their preseason coverage, gotten the most expensive coach, etc if they planned on leaving St. Louis.

"Why would we do all this if we planned to leave? There's no logical answer to that question. It's (the paranoia) because this market has been through a divorce before but I promise you when that Super Bowl championship parade goes down Market in 2020, you will all say that you wish you wouldn't have gotten so worked up about that."

2) 50% market share this past Sunday for the game. Highest in 7-8 years

3) League called Demoff after the 49ers game threatening a fine for showing the Quinn roughing the passer call over and over on replay in the dome.

4) They screwed up by taking a home game away and putting it in London. "We made a mistake."

5) Jeff Fisher hasn't made a decision on Gregg Williams if/when he becomes reinstated.

6) Team plans to play much more press coverage rest of the season and next.

7) Wants impact receiver in the draft, but not sure it's there. Said plans are for Quick to fill that role along with Givens, Amendola, and Pettis - with Gibson and others in the mix.

8 ) Talked about having new uniforms in the next few years because fans don't like current ones. Discussed the Cleveland red and blacks, the old Rams white and blues, and maybe even a more modern yellow and blue.

9) Going to try and do alumni game every year. Alum told organization they want to come back and do it. Alum selected this year was based on who they had contact info for.

10) Currently pitching for future events to come to St. Louis at The Edward Jones Dome such as the Big Ten Championship, the Mizzou/Illini game, and a swimming championship in 2016.

11) Contract with concessioner for dome ends in two years and they are looking to change their concession model and possibly prices without an increase.

12) Goal in lease negotiations is to get a better gameday experience for the fans and the organization without passing the prices along to ticket holders or by tearing down the EJD. But the need is there to get this solved now permanently so the fans know where the team will be playing specifically in the region for the next 40 years.

13) Arbitration on stadium issue to begin on Jan 14. Expects it to take a few weeks, and then for the city to take a month to decide with a final decision coming in March.

14) If arbitration isn't successful, the fun begins where talks can begin around do full renovations need to take place at the EJD or a new stadium close by, and how it's going to be paid for.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
Jimitroutboy said:
3) League called Demoff after the 49ers game threatening a fine for showing the Quinn roughing the passer

Of course they did, because showing mistakes so refs can learn from them, it's not what you should do. Lets all just let the NFL play favorites, because everyone wants to see the Pats and 49ers get all the calls their way. :amped:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Of course they did, because showing mistakes so refs can learn from them, it's not what you should do. Lets all just let the NFL play favorites, because everyone wants to see the Pats and 49ers get all the calls their way. :amped:
You know what's (not) funny? When I was at the Miami game (and Selassie can back me up on this), they didn't show ANY of the replays from the flags that were thrown in that game. And there were a lot from what I can coherently recall.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
You know what's (not) funny? When I was at the Miami game (and Selassie can back me up on this), they didn't show ANY of the replays from the flags that were thrown in that game. And there were a lot from what I can coherently recall.

Yeah, I was there too and I remember it the same way. Of course, it could have been that way because the vast majority of the calls were "home town" calls. I pissed off more than a couple of people in my section for yelling "What part of Miami are your from" and "bring back the replacements" at the refs throughout the game.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Paul's coherence should not be questioned on this. They didn't show many replays at all in Miami. lol

As a general rule ,,, when I attend road games, I find it to be common practice for the home stadium crew to NOT EVER show replays that could possibly provide "evidence" for the visiting team to use. They certainly don't want to help the HC of the visiting team decide whether or not to throw a challenge flag.

The NFL came out with a new policy this year allowing more highlights to be shown on the jumbo trons ... wanting to provide for a better gameday experience. So what gives here?

Kevin should tell Commandant Goodell to just go ahead and send the bill for future fucked-up calls... cause they're gonna get replayed as many fucking times as we deem necessary.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Kevin should tell Commandant Goodell to just go ahead and send the bill for future fucked-up calls... cause they're gonna get replayed as many fucking times as we deem necessary.
If I heard correctly, he told Goodell to go ahead and fine the Organization the same amount that they plan on fining Quinn for the "roughing" call.

Talk about backing that SOB into a corner... :sly:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:
If I heard correctly, he told Goodell to go ahead and fine the Organization the same amount that they plan on fining Quinn for the "roughing" call.

I get the feeling Goodell has been getting advice from David Stern,,, aka The Master of Deception.

Good for Kevin! I like Demoff more every time I hear him talk.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Selassie I said:

Do u recall where u heard this?

And, oh by the way, that's an awesome, totally awesome way to respond to Goodell.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Selassie I said:
Kevin should tell Commandant Goodell to just go ahead and send the bill for future fucked-up calls... cause they're gonna get replayed as many freaking times as we deem necessary.

lol...if you don't want the Rams to play the replay then stop putting out refs that make just ridiculous calls against them. I can't even tell you how many ridiculous calls have gone against the Rams this year, or last year, or the year before. Hell we haven't gotten the benefit of the doubt since the GSOT days. Instead of him telling the Fuhrer to fine him as much as he would Quinn, he should tell him to get some real effen, non-biased refs and then we would have nothing to show on replay.

Goodell, for various reasons, is looking worse and worse as the year drags on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

Do u recall where u heard this?

And, oh by the way, that's an awesome, totally awesome way to respond to Goodell.
It was on a different message board from another poster who also attended. I can't seem to find it now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
Jimitroutboy said:
3) League called Demoff after the 49ers game threatening a fine for showing the Quinn roughing the passer

Huh... Two penalties called on us last week. Coincidence?