Kayvon Webster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Remember when we thought Tru was better than janoris because Tru was covering the second receiver while janoris was always scraping with the big dog? I think this is happening again but now Tru is the victim lol
Always liked JJ a lil better than Tru....Something about his returns...I was in Az when he had 2 returns in one game....so, may be a lil biased.
Just think Tru's game is more of a zone coverage guy...I think man to man wins games...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thoughts on him?

I thinl he’s been real solid. Ever since he came back from injury it seems our passing D has improved
I agree! He's definitely been a difference maker. And he always seems to be around the Ball!!(y);):D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Like @LACHAMP46 pointed out ...injuries. This is a NEGATIVE thus far as a Ram.

This injury issues has already been posted about by me in pre season & after the 1st game. KW missed all of pre season due to injury started the 1st game went out in the 1st quarter & did not return to complete his first RAM NFL game until October 1st. Since KW return he has done a good job as the Rams #2 corner.

What happens when the season end & Wade has 5 of his main DB's enter Free Agency?
#1- #1 Corner Trumaine Johnson
#2- Starting Nickle Lamarcus Joyner
#3- 3rd reserve CB N R-C
#4- 4th reserve corner Troy Hill
#5- 3rd safety veteran Cody Davis

As a result Kayvon Webster will be our #1 Corner in 2018. Right now he has been fine as our #2 corner. Not sure how well he will work out as our #1 corner in 2018. KW is only signed for that 2018 season. Basically KW came to us for a near 4 mil a season not a bad price.

I have seen many posts here from many members basically hoping for a Trumaine Johnson resign....I consider that very doubtful. Better to try to resign NR-C & LJ over over the option of over paying for the services of Tru again. I would think that several outside corners will be drafted or more in 2018 Rams Draft where the Rams Salary cap can get some needed relief.

Normally drafted rookie DB's can have immediate impacts on the field their first several seasons. Rams examples of this would be JJ, Tru, LJ, TJ & JJ the 3rd & even late 3rd day rookie selections signed off the WWC's like Blake Countess & Marqui Christian had late last season.

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Pshh

Cody Sensabaugh > Kayvon Webster

tenor.gif

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Like @LACHAMP46 pointed out ...injuries. This is a NEGATIVE thus far as a Ram.

This injury issues has already been posted about by me in pre season & after the 1st game. KW missed all of pre season due to injury started the 1st game went out in the 1st quarter & did not return to complete his first RAM NFL game until October 1st. Since KW return he has done a good job as the Rams #2 corner.

What happens when the season end & Wade has 5 of his main DB's enter Free Agency?
#3- 3rd reserve CB N R-C

As a result Kayvon Webster will be our #1 Corner in 2018. Right now he has been fine as our #2 corner. Not sure how well he will work out as our #1 corner in 2018. KW is only signed for that 2018 season. Basically KW came to us for a near 4 mil a season not a bad price.

I have seen many posts here from many members basically hoping for a Trumaine Johnson resign....I consider that very doubtful. Better to try to resign NR-C & LJ over over the option of over paying for the services of Tru again. I would think that several outside corners will be drafted or more in 2018 Rams Draft where the Rams Salary cap can get some needed relief.

Normally drafted rookie DB's can have immediate impacts on the field their first several seasons. Rams examples of this would be JJ, Tru, LJ, TJ & JJ the 3rd & even late 3rd day rookie selections signed off the WWC's like Blake Countess & Marqui Christian had late last season.

Now I will say this, I was am still a big Tru fan, but looking at the big picture wise i think it would be better to let him walk and use his money to lock up a few other players. Unless he's wiling to give us a home town discount now since were a contender make the hard decision and spend it on others. Just my 2 cents

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Now I will say this, I was am still a big Tru fan, but looking at the big picture wise i think it would be better to let him walk and use his money to lock up a few other players. Unless he's wiling to give us a home town discount now since were a contender make the hard decision and spend it on others. Just my 2 cents

I like Trumaine a lot too but it the $$$ part of his game that will not fit any longer. Trumaine is a real good guy but I believe he will depart us & sign for big $$$ with one of the 2 California Bay area teams. I would also let Sammy walk too & collect that 3rd round comp pick. I would prefer to spend the 2018 & beyond salary cap $$ on Rams who will enter 2018 Free agency i.e. DB Lamarcus Joyner, Corner NR-C, OC John Sullivan, NT Tyrunn Walker, LS Jake McQuaide, OLB Matt Longacre, LT Darrell Williams, RB Malcolm Brown, DT Aaron Donald. In addition either extend contract with LG Rodger Saffold (who will a UFA in 2019) or sign a new UFA OL'er like Spencer Long. Plus puts the Rams in position to pay RB Gurley 5th season in early 2019.

The above will mandate the cutting of two high $$$ contracts OLB Rob Quinn & RB Tavon Austin early next year which will cut future expenditures of 37 million (TA) & 26 mil.(RQ) {over the 2018/2019 salary cap yrs} so the Rams will have the ability to work the above 2018 off season plan.

nighttrain

Legend
#3- 3rd reserve CB N R-C

Ram front office already working on plan to resign players wanted going forward
train

Ram65

Legend
From what I have seen Webster gives way too much cushion.

He has been good at making some tackles with his good speed. He probably has been benefiting from a better pass rush and playing against lesser talented teams since he has been back.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
From what I have seen Webster gives way too much cushion.

He has been good at making some tackles with his good speed. He probably has been benefiting from a better pass rush and playing against lesser talented teams since he has been back.

Snead & Wade did well in signing KW for about 4 mil a season 2017/2018. KW is a decent 2nd outside corner but I would need to see some sizable improvement as you pointed out Ram65 in tightening up his looseness before I would resign him at the end of next season. I have seen tighter coverage of NR-C myself however NR-C has issue with the tackles some of the time. NR-C is a dandy Nickle Slot corner & would look to retain him when the season concludes.

Snead has an excellent resume on DB's so I would expect that he should come away in this 2018 draft with some future starters much like Trumaine, JJ, McDonald, Joyner & John Jefferson III. In mentioning JJ III he may end up seeing some serious Nickle action if the Rams are unable to sign NR-C next season. KW is no #1 corner so if the Rams are forced to use him as such we would be in for some rough events in our secondary..

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
[QUOTE
The above will mandate the cutting of two high $$$ contracts OLB Rob Quinn & RB Tavon Austin early next year which will cut future expenditures of 37 million (TA) & 26 mil.(RQ) {over the 2018/2019 salary cap yrs} so the Rams will have the ability to work the above 2018 off season plan.[/QUOTE]

In order to balance the books, along w/ playing talent entering next season we both agree this is a must!! Totally agree!!!
These two are replaceable and I believe RQ's is most likely on the current roster

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tru & Webster with NRC slottin it up is a solid playoff defensive backfield. Still concerned about them a bit vs some offenses we might face but overall we're in good shape for now.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
The guy reminds me of a chihuahua.
He thinks he is 10 foot tall and bulletproof the way he throws his body around.

I love the way we let our coaches help us with free agency.

Kromer knew Woods.
Kromer knew Watkins.
Kromer knew NRC.
Kromer tried to upgrade our Center position with the Buffalo backup.

Kromer's is lucky he is married.
I would definitely send him a proposal.

A purely platonic unconsummated relationship I assure you.

SICKOS! :D

Just don't take his beach chairs

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Webster is a very solid number 2 ...y the Tru bashing ? He has been well this year and will pic off keenum Sunday!