Kayvon Webster placed on injured reserve

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Love the guy and hope he comes back next year healthy. I still think a cb in the 1st makes sense though.

Ya if there’s a difference maker at CB available when we pick in the 1st than that’s who I want.

Let Tru walk. Resign NRC and Joyner with that money. Bring in a free agent corner too.

Secondary depth would be:

1st round draft pick
Free agent
Kayvon
NRC
Joyner
John Johnson
Davis
Hill

I can live with that. Let’s get a thumper at MLB, legit edge rusher, and a DT too and I’ll really like the defense for next season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Troy Hill wasn't terrible which is shocking considering some of the lighter fluid like performances he put under Greg Williams. He was shadowing Alshon after Tru went down and they tried to get him on double moves twice and he gace up nothing.
Hill plays well in press/man coverage "heavy" schemes...IMO....always tight in coverage.

Webster hasn't proven he can stay healthy....good player....but definitely needs to be replaced as well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hill plays well in press/man coverage "heavy" schemes...IMO....always tight in coverage.Webster hasn't proven he can stay healthy....good player....but definitely needs to be replaced as well.
Can not argue with your statement on Kayvon CHAMP. KW was injured in TC & pre season never made a pre season game due to injury. Then he plays the first quarter of his first game & goes out injured again basically missing the first 3 games of the season. Then he get injured again in wk 11. Now he is injured in the biggest game of the season & will go IR. Shame he looked to me to just hitting his groove as of late. I still like him. KW is the only true corner under contract in 2018.

nighttrain

Legend
Won't help now, but I thought that I read that former Colt CB Vontae Davis might be ready to go for the playoffs. And he's better than every CB on the roster, IMO.
might have helped , but it seems he's injured
The week-long soap opera is over. So is Vontae Davis’ time in Indianapolis.

The Indianapolis Colts released their former Pro Bowl cornerback on Thursday, a day after Davis went public with his brimming frustration over how the coaching staff handled his demotion before last Sunday’s game in Houston, and furthermore, claimed he’d been battling through a lingering groin issue this season that’s severely hampered his on-field production.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Prime Time maybe we can update the title?

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Place-Webster-on-Injured-Reserve/615af1b3-abfa-4c30-a881-f8b68c90dafb

The Rams have placed cornerback Kayvon Webster on injured reserve, officially ending his season.

Webster suffered a ruptured Achilles’ tendon during Sunday’s game against the Eagles. The cornerback pulled up while backpedaling in the red zone during the first half, and immediately clutched his right ankle in obvious pain. McVay confirmed the injury in his postgame press conference.

The cornerback signed with the Rams as an unrestricted free agent in March. Webster spent the first four years of his career in Denver, where he crossed paths with current Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. The South Florida product recorded his first interception of the season in the first quarter against the Eagles.

The Rams’ roster now stands at 52 players.

The club also signed cornerback Dominique Hatfield to its practice squad on Monday. Los Angeles waived Hatfield from its active roster on Saturday to make room for linebacker Cameron Lynch. Lynch played 64 percent of special teams snaps against the Eagles.

Memphis Ram

Legend
might have helped , but it seems he's injured
The week-long soap opera is over. So is Vontae Davis’ time in Indianapolis.

The Indianapolis Colts released their former Pro Bowl cornerback on Thursday, a day after Davis went public with his brimming frustration over how the coaching staff handled his demotion before last Sunday’s game in Houston, and furthermore, claimed he’d been battling through a lingering groin issue this season that’s severely hampered his on-field production.

Hence my statement about him possibly being ready for the playoffs and the tweet of him in his hospital bed.:whistle:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Prime Time maybe we can update the title?

Done. Tore the achilles tendon on my right leg twice in one year playing soccer in high school. The second time because I didn't rehab it long enough as I was warned to do. Painful but my first introduction to morphine. Rest up KW so you can have a spectacular season in 2018.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Isn't Cody Davis eligible to come off IR soon? I recall they mentioned that could happen when he went on IR.

Could be an option at FS with Joyner in the slot if needed.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Ya if there’s a difference maker at CB available when we pick in the 1st than that’s who I want.

Let Tru walk. Resign NRC and Joyner with that money. Bring in a free agent corner too.

Secondary depth would be:

1st round draft pick
Free agent
Kayvon
NRC
Joyner
John Johnson
Davis
Hill

I can live with that. Let’s get a thumper at MLB, legit edge rusher, and a DT too and I’ll really like the defense for next season.
I really hope it's a defensive heavy draft for the Rams.

We just look too hot and cold.
Despite a few hits and knocking Wentz out of the game, we didn't pressure him enough and they were gashing us in the run game.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I really hope it's a defensive heavy draft for the Rams.

We just look too hot and cold.
Despite a few hits and knocking Wentz out of the game, we didn't pressure him enough and they were gashing us in the run game.

Agreed. Altho considering our defensive front 7 is pretty specific to a 4-3 scheme, they're not too bad. I think Brockers and Donald have adjusted well. Barron and Tree have their ups and downs. Everyone else is expendable imo.

Maybe Quinn will go join Chris in Philly.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Isn't Cody Davis eligible to come off IR soon? I recall they mentioned that could happen when he went on IR.

Could be an option at FS with Joyner in the slot if needed.
Cody could begin to practice again this Friday if he was healthy. As the Designated to Return from the IR player Cody might be activated as early as Saturday before the 9ers game on that Sunday week #17. Of course all of that is still up in the air....... This would be the best news in this secondary in a long time. I have no ideal if safety Cody Davis is being considered by the Rams @ this time.

Having the veteran Cody back in the game would permit Wade to utilize either LJ or JJ III as our Nickle with NRC & Tru on the outside post. IMO Cody is a much better fit in the Wade secondary than he was in the Fisher /Williams secondary the previous 4 season. I have posted many time that it would be a good insurance policy to resign our UFA safety Cody Davis ASAP for the high possibility of the LJ departure.

Without Cody the Rams have had to lean on Blake Countess thus far its hit & miss season for him. He is a smaller clone of LJ. He is much more safety than Nickle. But for now he will see a ton of action from this point on.Troy Hill has been activated for 9 of the 13 games.Hill was SUP then had a shoulder injury then a few weeks down with a hamstring injury so we have not see much of him. Rams have no corners on the PS which IMO is NOT good planning. Hatfield was cut but he is dealing with a nagging hip situation that will not permit his resigning @ the moment if they want help now.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This sucks but Hill stepped up. He can play if he keeps his head in the game. Just no Hatfield please.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
A ruptured achilles.... I have serious doubts that he will be coming back to play CB again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even after they get NRC back under contract (assuming that happens at least) our secondary roster is terrifying at the CB position. And if Web ain't ready to go (looks like 6 months to a year and the re-surgery is more complicated), we're going to need to sign at least one CB off the market and then hit it hard in the draft.

CB is probably going to remain our top need going into the draft now, regardless of what happens in FA.

fearsomefour

Legend
Even after they get NRC back under contract (assuming that happens at least) our secondary roster is terrifying at the CB position. And if Web ain't ready to go (looks like 6 months to a year and the re-surgery is more complicated), we're going to need to sign at least one CB off the market and then hit it hard in the draft.

CB is probably going to remain our top need going into the draft now, regardless of what happens in FA.
Yep.
Potentially the Achilles heal of our D....no pun intended.
A rookie, Hill and NRC does not instill a ton of confidence.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

There are some pretty decent CB's in this years Draft, But I fear they will all go in the first two rounds of the Draft, and I don't know the Rams will go CB at #23!! I'm thinking they go NT or LB in the 1st Round!