Kapernick taking first team reps Smith told.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/scoreboard

JMO but this is good for us, we've seen him and by next week we should have some film to use against him,
if he starts against the Saints we'll see how he responds to blitzes cuz Spags will throw the house at him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Harbaugh has been waiting for this opportunity, to be honest. The 49ers traded their second, fourth, and fifth-round picks to acquire Kaepernick, and that was obviously all Harbaugh. I don't think Alex Smith is the guy he wants during his tenure as head coach, and this might be the perfect time for him to implement his plan. I mean, they went to watch Manning work out last year, signed Smith to a 3 year contract with no signing bonus and only $1M guaranteed next year too. The writing is ALL over the wall.

And if that's the case, then they have some decent trade value in Smith now.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
I think Harbaugh has been waiting for this opportunity, to be honest. The 49ers traded their second, fourth, and fifth-round picks to acquire Kaepernick, and that was obviously all Harbaugh. I don't think Alex Smith is the guy he wants during his tenure as head coach, and this might be the perfect time for him to implement his plan. I mean, they went to watch Manning work out last year, signed Smith to a 3 year contract with no signing bonus and only $1M guaranteed next year too. The writing is ALL over the wall.

I tend to agree. I don't think Smith has much trade value other than as a back-up. When your own coach, who was the only coach who was willing to work with him, essentially turns his career around and still wants to dump him, that should tell you something. I don't think teams would be throwing picks the 9ers way in order to get a future starter in Smith.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
X said:

I tend to agree. I don't think Smith has much trade value other than as a back-up. When your own coach, who was the only coach who was willing to work with him, essentially turns his career around and still wants to dump him, that should tell you something. I don't think teams would be throwing picks the 9ers way in order to get a future starter in Smith.
I dunno. I think there are enough teams desperate enough to do it. The league is crazy right now with trying to secure a good QB, that there should be someone willing to part with picks. I mean, look at what Kolb was able to get with the Cardinals, and he barely played at all. Smith went to a Championship game last year.