Kap Is An Example Of A Qb That Can Beat You With His Arm And His Legs.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Kaepernick and Wilson have both made a couple amazing throws but as a whole not been impressive as passers.

Game managers. Sure, sometimes they make plays with their legs, but to beat SEA in the superbowl all DEN has to do is stack the box and stop Marshawn. RW isn't going to beat you for 4 quarters like Peyton can.

tonyl711

Starter
his arms and legs sure helped him tonight, 3 turn overs in the 4th, the guy sucks.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
9er QB is the new Mike Vick one read, half the field then go. He may never learn to read defenses he just has the luxury of a stacked team Alex Smith is a much better QB.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Pretty terrible crunchtime by both these QB's. Kaepernick turned the ball over 3 times in the 4th quarter and should have been picked again on principle for making the same bad read just plays after the pick. Wilson was totally lost. Bad throws, fumbles, coudn't even hand the ball off well.

Fisher and Arians are building this type of team with good defense and a running game but the Rams and Cardinals are going to have a good QB's on top of that. Rams and Cardinals will overtake this division because of it in short order.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Actually, I think Wilson is a better example of a QB that can hurt you with both. Kap is an awesome runner with that freakish body shape, long arms, long strides, little target of a head. But Wilson isn't running for whatever reason.

Busy trying to play like a real QB.
Has not been doing well lately though.

fearsomefour

Legend
Kap and Wilson were both terrible in Sundays game. Kap did his usual look and run routine. Wilson took points off the board several times for his team by thinking he was Fran Tarkington and running around like a tool. Neither guy can read well, in the case of Wilson a couple of times seeming surprised by obvious blitzes, neither guy steps up in the pocket. Both guys reley on good run games and great defenses. Kap has shown no ability to make plays....Im not talking about a 40 yard run with no contain and 4 broken tackles, the guy can cover ground for sure, but from the pocket late fourth quarter. He is not a good QB at this point, although he may end up being great. Wilson showed his youth today. He turned the wrong way on a couple of handoffs, fumbled twice, caused Lynch to fumble at the 1 took sacks he helped create.
The good news is it would appear a team can be very successful with average QB play if the D is good enough. So, we may not be that far away.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's the man,,, he's the man,,, he's the man...

:rofl:

You can tell everybody...

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
He's a great runner, they should try him at RB...

Last edited by a moderator:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Kaepernick is the new McNabb. He will mess up when the pressure is on.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I wonder if RGIII's deficiencies would have continued to be masked if the Redskins had a stellar defense? I don't really see much difference in any of these 3 QB's but 2 of them are still on very good "teams".

fearsomefour

Legend
9er QB is the new Mike Vick one read, half the field then go. He may never learn to read defenses he just has the luxury of a stacked team Alex Smith is a much better QB.

I agree. He is a lot bigger than Vick so should be able to take the hits better when running. He is a great runner but at the end of the day an NFL quarterback is going to have to make plays from the pocket. Kap is a very hard worker so his game may evolve more and a lot faster than Vick....I hope not, but, if he fails it wont be because of lack of work ethic.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wonder if RGIII's deficiencies would have continued to be masked if the Redskins had a stellar defense? I don't really see much difference in any of these 3 QB's but 2 of them are still on very good "teams".

Interesting question. Being able to hand the ball off 30 + times and throw for less than 200 yards a game like Kap and win 10+ games based on stellar D....I bet RGKnee would be another of the "new generation" QBs getting hyped up.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Interesting question. Being able to hand the ball off 30 + times and throw for less than 200 yards a game like Kap and win 10+ games based on stellar D....I bet RGKnee would be another of the "new generation" QBs getting hyped up.
Certainly seems like the case. It really punctuates the struggles CK is having when he's got Boldin, Crabtree and Davis and can't get much done passing. He should have an open guy all the time.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The guy is the 2nd coming if Randall Cunningham...abeit not quite as good as passer. He pretty much takes one look and if his primary is covered he takes off.

I actually think Alex Smith wins this game as a game manager that avoids turnovers and takes what the D gives him.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yeah, the 49ers are going to have to fix that aspect of their plan of attack. This year and last year they counted on CK to have huge rushing days and IMO, that's a recipe for failure.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"we're not getting much "bang for the buck" at the QB position."

Only rookie of the year and setting rookie records for QB.

Leading a team with no talent to a win and in game in Seattle twice

3-4 with no running game in the first 5 games and 14 TDs this year before his crappy O line got him hurt again.

Give Bradford the O line in SF and he would have chewed the NFCW up for the last 4 years

Agreed. He's never had stability. NEVER!!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
The guy is the 2nd coming if Randall Cunningham...abeit not quite as good as passer. He pretty much takes one look and if his primary is covered he takes off.

I actually think Alex Smith wins this game as a game manager that avoids turnovers and takes what the D gives him.

That is a really good comparison actually. Cunningham even had the same sort of slow delivery the Kap does. Randall could just throw a beautiful pass though. Kaepernick may get there as a passer but he is not there yet. This is what drives me crazy about the hype he receives. If he were on a team where he had to make plays for his team to win every week he would considered what he is, an exceptionally athletic QB who is a bottom third of the league passer.

jjab360

Legend
Oh please. Kap is an example of a QB that can get beat by you whether he uses his arms or legs.