Kap Is An Example Of A Qb That Can Beat You With His Arm And His Legs.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NorCalRamFan

I hate the guy, and Kaepernick is not a great passer and runs if his first read is covered, but he can beat a team with his arm and his legs.

I know I'm wasting bandwidth, but I wish the Rams would draft Manziel - what a dual threat he and Austin would be in the backfield.

It'll be interesting to see what Manziel runs at the Combine.

But Schotty wouldn't have a clue how to utilize them though.

I think something is up with Wilson - he's not running at all and hasn't really been much for the last few weeks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My+grandma+s+Cool+story+bro_e03cbf_3997646.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I haven't seen him do much with his arm.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He cant read a defense for shit. Its easy to play QB for a team with all-pro's everywhere around you if you're an athlete.
Just hand it off or drop back,make your first read then take off. Dude will have a short shelf life if he doesn't learn how to read a defense and extend plays in the pocket.
He is very good at sliding and avoiding open field contact...i'll give him that.

NorCalRamFan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't seen him do much with his arm.

Exactly. If his first read isn't their, he rabbits. But he still manages to complete enough passes to keep the chains moving (Not this game, but in general) and when the first read isn't open, he can run for a first down and more.

As much as I can't stand Kaep, I would take him over SB in a heartbeat.

Tavon Austin rushed for 1033 yards on 110 attempts for 9.4 ypa at WV - imagine him and Manziel in the same backfield for a dozen or so plays per game.
That would give DC's nightmares and would result in a few long runs per game by either or both Manziel and Austin, and would open up the passing game.
Not to mention, Manziel is capable of buying time like Wilson did on that long pass on the Hawks first scoring drive.

Again, the chances of the Rams drafting Manziel are slim and none, but we're not getting much "bang for the buck" at the QB position.

I just think it's time to do what the Jets did and move on now that it won't be a cap killer, but Snead and Fisher think differently.
Time will tell...

Alan

Legend
That's very true Pete but only until he gets injured. Look how RGME got Washington to the playoffs before he got injured. How they doing now? Oh, that's right, we have their #2 pick. :wink:

Thanks but I like the type of QBs we saw in the AFC game better.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He'll' make one highlight play then run backwards every other time. EXCITING. :rolleyes:

I fail to see how Johnny Manziel is that much better at QB than Sam.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Actually, I think Wilson is a better example of a QB that can hurt you with both. Kap is an awesome runner with that freakish body shape, long arms, long strides, little target of a head. But Wilson isn't running for whatever reason.

NorCalRamFan

That's very true Pete but only until he gets injured. Look how RGME got Washington to the playoffs before he got injured. How they doing now? Oh, that's right, we have their #2 pick. :wink:

Thanks but I like the type of QBs we saw in the AFC game better.

But SB has missed 15 games to injury in 2 of the last 3 years and 11 game in 3 years at Oklahoma, so despite his size, he's been somewhat injury-prone.

Right now, Kaep is on the verge of taking his team to the SB for the 2nd year in a row. He does just enough with his arm to move the chains, but will kill the opposition with his running ability.

If Kaep ever learns to read defenses and go thru his progressions, he will be a handful.

Manning and Brady can read Defenses, go thru their progressions quickly and get the ball out quickly. They are also mobile enough to roll out and have enough pocket presence to sense pressure, step up or slide out to the side to avoid getting hit and making a play.

There's another thread going about Manning's OL and how good would Bradford look behind that line. I don't think he would look much different as the Denver OL doesn't have anyone special on it. Maybe one past Pro-Bowler. Manning makes the OL look good, not the other way around.

As I always say, a good QB elevates those around him, not the other way around.

I just think it's time for a change at QB, but Fisher and Snead don't and they have the final say, so we'll have to wait another season at least and see.

I just think we have a great opportunity with the #2 pick to upgrade and to free up some much needed cap space.

The pick doesn't necessarily have to be Manziel either.

I'd love nothing more than to see Bradford come out next season and light it up, but I think that's wishful thinking.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yawn. QB that can beat you with his mind and his arm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> QB that can beat you with his legs and his arm

Bridgewater >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manziel

NorCalRamFan

Actually, I think Wilson is a better example of a QB that can hurt you with both. Kap is an awesome runner with that freakish body shape, long arms, long strides, little target of a head. But Wilson isn't running for whatever reason.

I think Wilson is hurt as he hasn't been running much the last few games, but that's just speculation on my part.
Last time he rushed for 50 yards or more was a month ago against the NYGiants.