Kam Chancellor wants more money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can never get over these "Jerks!" Who sign a 5 year " Contract!" and then de-side 2 years into it they want a New Contract!
A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT PERIOD!
Start New Contract talks in the Last year of your present one!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Now Now '51.....if a Seattle safety wants to holdout for more money....who are we to tell him not to.......:sneaky:(y););):LOL:
I've been waiting for the Super bowl hangover to start and hit these guys. Role players, thinking they are super stars. Implosion in......3...2....:later::party:

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
In principal I agree with you Dave. In reality however, I think every player in any sport owes it to themselves and their family to make as much as they can while they can. Nobody stops a team from cutting a player. If a player gets hurt, is the team going to keep them around just because they signed the contract too?

If this were baseball and contracts were stuffed with guaranteed money, than yes a player should take what he agreed too. Even then, if you out perform your contract, you may try and ask for a raise.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Good. Sherman, Lynch, and Thomas got paid. Wilson and Wagner will be FA next season. Bennet and Chancellor want more money, they cannot pay everyone.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Now Now '51.....if a Seattle safety wants to holdout for more money....who are we to tell him not to.......:sneaky:(y););):LOL:
I've been waiting for the Super bowl hangover to start and hit these guys. Role players, thinking they are super stars. Implosion in......3...2....:later::party:
OK! ................Have it your way!!:ROFLMAO::D;)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Considering an NFL team can end your contract at any time, I don't begrudge those that hold out in situations like this.

2. IMO this is a direct result from Russell Wilson's contract situation. Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman, Wagner, Lynch all have a case to be the top paid player at their positions - and none of them are now (Thomas might be, not really sure about him); Wagner's deal isn't done yet, but I doubt it exceeds the highest paid MLB. Chancellor took less than what he could get, and now that RW is not doing the same, he's looking out for #1. This is a natural human reaction, and it couldn't happen to a better team. Haha.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Hey let him hold out if he wants, and its possible that Thomas won't be there for the season opener as well hahhaha

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Just once I'd love a team to say "right you want to hold out, then hold out for 3 years"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In principal I agree with you Dave. In reality however, I think every player in any sport owes it to themselves and their family to make as much as they can while they can. Nobody stops a team from cutting a player. If a player gets hurt, is the team going to keep them around just because they signed the contract too?

If this were baseball and contracts were stuffed with guaranteed money, than yes a player should take what he agreed too. Even then, if you out perform your contract, you may try and ask for a raise.
Yes... it definitely cuts both ways.

jjab360

Legend
I can never get over these "Jerks!" Who sign a 5 year " Contract!" and then de-side 2 years into it they want a New Contract!
Doesn't that go both ways? What about the teams who cut players only 2 years into their 5 year contracts and then they get nothing?

It's a business and these guys are working on a limited timespan. I say get as much money as you can while you can, because that's what the guys on the other end of your contract are going to do.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He should hold out until they pay him boo koo dilores.

Baaaaaaahahahahahahahaa

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't that go both ways? What about the teams who cut players only 2 years into their 5 year contracts and then they get nothing?

It's a business and these guys are working on a limited timespan. I say get as much money as you can while you can, because that's what the guys on the other end of your contract are going to do.
That's why the guaranteed money has become the biggest hurdle in contract negotiations lately.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I agree, but playing devil's advocate, shouldn't the teams be held to the same standard...As in honoring the contract as well...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
How much more do these guys need to live and survive? Most of us live normal lives with much, much, much less. IMO, it doesn't matter what sport it is, the money these guys make is sickening. Don't tell me he can't survive and take care of his family for $5.65 million this year. What is so sickening is the amount of money the players and owners both make, and yet who's stuck in the middle sucking on it... the fans.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Russell Wilson will hold that team back, and I don't think he has a single fuck to give.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
These guys all know when they sign a contract that players at their position will be signing larger contracts next year and larger again the next. So instead of being a douche and wanting to renegotiate 2 yrs into a 5 yr deal, they should just sign a 2 yr deal and gamble that they will be healthy to negotiate a new contract when the time comes, or man up and play the game they love, and play for what they signed.

If he counts 5mil and change this yr it is pretty safe to assume he has made atleast close to 10mil over the past 2 seasons, if 10mil isnt enough to feed your kids while sending them to private schools and any college they desire, while living a very comfortable life, and make a few wise investments. Then no amount of money will be enough because they chose to just blow it all and not even try to be a responsible adult.

But since hes a shecock, IMO they owe him a minimum of 12mil a yr.