Kaepernick wants out, now no one seems to want him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a big fan of Cowherd, but he is right. RIGHT NOW is the time to for Kaep to continue the protest when it matters, not to cease it when he enters Free Agency and money is on the barrel head...Because in their heart of hearts, no GM wants his political BS/distraction..especially when he is just a fair QB.
He is a coward.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A piece of crap, Kaepernick should have been tried for treason

Fuck yeah!!! Who does he think he is expressing his opinions squarely within the First Amendment guidelines. And this whole thing about police going over the line is all a bunch of made up bullshit too right!!!

Please end up on the Browns.

Take that shit back. Respect them enough to not wish that upon them. Did you miss Manziel, the Griffin.

Don't be so heartless, your father reads this board!!!!!

After devastating the NFL in his first few seasons, Kaepernick has settled into a more boring but still valuable place: He’s competent

Everything before the first comma should stop anyone with an IQ above room temperature to stop reading. It's LOL territory!

I respect his choices. And he has to respect mine. This stuff this year was meant as an attention grabber. Now that it's time to try to grab a fwe more million dollars he flip flops.

Not a big fan of Cowherd, but he is right. RIGHT NOW is the time to for Kaep to continue the protest when it matters, not to cease it when he enters Free Agency and money is on the barrel head...Because in their heart of hearts, no GM wants his political BS/distraction..especially when he is just a fair QB.
He is a coward.

His balls and backbone are as small as his mind. So yeah this is pretty much true.

So fuck it, he gets the ABBA version, not the original OJays version.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
freak yeah!!! Who does he think he is expressing his opinions squarely within the First Amendment guidelines. And this whole thing about police going over the line is all a bunch of made up bullcrap too right!!!
The decision to act on these beliefs and sit out the anthem could lead to Kaepernick being blackballed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The decision to act on these beliefs and sit out the anthem could lead to Kaepernick being blackballed.

It isn't a crime, and your comment that he should be tried for treason is silly.

Stick by it if you want though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see anything wrong with what he did. But he's not a starting caliber QB. Of course, people will get fooled by his numbers.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eleased-colin-kaepernick-opt-out?sf59905764=1

If Colin Kaepernick didn't opt out, 49ers would have released QB
Nick Wagoner/ESPN Staff Writer

One way or another, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was going to become a free agent this offseason.

Kaepernick's representatives informed teams earlier this week that he would be opting out of the final year of his contract with the 49ers. The first day he was eligible to do so was Thursday, and Kaepernick will officially opt out of his contract on Friday, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

But even if Kaepernick hadn't exercised that option, he wouldn't have been back with the 49ers under the terms of his current contract. Niners general manager John Lynch told SiriusXM radio on Thursday afternoon that the team would have released Kaepernick had he not elected to opt out.

"Kaep is going to opt out," Lynch said. "We had a great conversation with him. We had a great meeting, and I think we had a very frank and honest discussion, and what we both agreed was that under the current construct of the situation, everything, the contract, it wasn't going to work."

The Niners aren't ruling out a reunion with Kaepernick -- "We left that door open in a very real and positive way," Lynch said Thursday at the NFL combine -- because San Francisco will have no quarterbacks under contract for 2017 when the new league year begins March 9.

Upon opting out, Kaepernick will join Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Thad Lewis as 49ers quarterbacks set to explore the free-agent market. Because of that, Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan acknowledge that finding help for the game's most important position is the top priority.

"We are looking at every option," Lynch told Sirius. "We need to. Free agency, there's some viable options there. I'm excited about this draft class. I think a lot of people have criticized these guys. As I watch them, I get excited. I think with the No. 2 pick in the draft, that's a valuable asset, and it gives us a lot of options at our disposal. One thing Kyle and I have talked about: When you have no quarterbacks, it's not an ideal situation, but what it does, it allows us to go get people.

"Obviously there's constraints, but it allows us to form it in the way we want. We aren't taking other people's stuff that maybe we aren't thrilled about. We can go say, 'Hey, these are the guys we want to play with.'"

One option is pursuing Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins. Washington placed the exclusive franchise tag on Cousins this week, effectively denying him the opportunity to even negotiate with other teams. That means that if the Redskins decide to part with Cousins, it will come via trade -- and with a presumably hefty price.

Lynch said Thursday he has not had any discussions with the Redskins about Cousins, but he did say he has great respect for the veteran and reiterated, "All options are available to us."

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
"We are looking at every option," Lynch told Sirius. "We need to. Free agency, there's some viable options there. I'm excited about this draft class. I think a lot of people have criticized these guys. As I watch them, I get excited. I think with the No. 2 pick in the draft, that's a valuable asset, and it gives us a lot of options at our disposal. One thing Kyle and I have talked about: When you have no quarterbacks, it's not an ideal situation, but what it does, it allows us to go get people.
gonzo.jpg

What? Wait! I ... I ... I ... I want out!
f623af3d23b95b2e4f027d1e89f2b1ef.jpg

I'm ready to sing the National Anthem boss!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He wants out? There's the door Collin. Yeah, I realize we are doing 65 on the freeway. Get out.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There was a player who did not want to be named on the Fred Roggin show a few months back, who said that Kapperdink really was texting his girlfriend during the national anthem. That "protesting" excuse was made up on the spot. It was an out and out lie. The whole team knew it was pure BS and it further aileinated him from the rest of the team and coaching staff.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/silence-surrounds-colin-kaepernicks-free-agency/

Silence surrounds Colin Kaepernick’s free agency
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2017

631494544-e1489360032927.jpg
Getty Images

Players have been signing contracts at a lightning-fast pace around the NFL for the last three days, with almost all of the top players already signed just 72 hours after free agency started. But there’s no news about one of the most talked-about players during the 2016 season: Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick, the quarterback who once led the 49ers to the Super Bowl and more recently began a national controversy when he declined to stand for the national anthem, has yet to be publicly linked to any team. It’s possible that some team has quietly reached out to Kaepernick or his representatives, but if so it’s been very quiet, with no leaks to the media.

Does that mean no teams are interested in Kaepernick at all? It’s possible, both for on-field and off-field reasons. There are probably some NFL owners and personnel people who are turned off by Kaepernick’s anthem stance, even though he now says he’ll stand for the anthem.

But dozens of NFL players followed Kaepernick’s lead and kneeled for the anthem last year, and there were no reports of repercussions against any of them. NFL teams are willing to employ players who don’t stand for the anthem, so that can’t be the only reason for the lack of interest in Kaepernick.

On-field problems are probably the bigger problem. Although Kaepernick’s raw passing stats (16 touchdowns and four interceptions last season) don’t look bad, the reality is he played poorly and compiled his numbers mostly while trailing in the second half for the 2-14 49ers. More advanced statistics used by Football Outsiders and ESPN both rank Kaepernick 30th among NFL passers last season.

Still, Kaepernick has had some success in the NFL, and it seems likely that some team will eventually offer him a contract. The Broncos reportedly had some interest in Kaepernick last year. The Jets, Browns and Texans are all in the market for a quarterback. All it takes is one team to offer Kaepernick a contract.

But the mere fact that we’re just wondering about one team offering Kaepernick a contract speaks to how far he’s fallen. Five years ago, he was the toast of the NFL, having led the 49ers to the Super Bowl. Four years ago, some saw him as having the potential to be one of the all-time greats. And now we’re just wondering if he’ll be able to compete at training camp for the Jets or the Browns.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This guy is a big reason NFL viewership was way down this season. It wasn't because of bad Thursday night football games. It was because of a guy getting 20 million a year that was acting like a child. Normal people that have actual jobs that make much much less money detest behavior like that.

fearsomefour

Legend
If Kellen Clemons can have a long career as a backup someone should sign Kap.
He may be blackballed but at some point a teams need will outweigh that. If not before preseason then once the injuries start.
As for his protest....he certainly had the right. Sometimes exercising ones rights can carry a price. So it goes.
Just, you know, don't talk about people being oppressed while wearing a shirt with a picture of Castro on it.
Being so ignorant you don't know you look stupid. Not great.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Kellen Clemons can have a long career as a backup someone should sign Kap.
He may be blackballed but at some point a teams need will outweigh that. If not before preseason then once the injuries start.
As for his protest....he certainly had the right. Sometimes exercising ones rights can carry a price. So it goes.
Just, you know, don't talk about people being oppressed while wearing a shirt with a picture of Castro on it.
Being so ignorant you don't know you look stupid. Not great.
Kellen Clemens signs for league minimum. Its not being black balled, its likely ridiculous contract demands

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Good news for Colon

The Eagles signed Nick Folds to a 2 year contract wirth 11 million, 7 guaranteed.

Argh