Kaepernick looking for someone to teach him how to throw the ball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
...and how to dress, how to talk, and how to stop being such a d-bag.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kaepernick-considers-working-throwing-coach

Kaepernick considers working with throwing coach
December 23, 2014
By Matt Maiocco

SANTA CLARA -- Quarterback Colin Kaepernick appears to be open to the possibility of spending the first three months of the offseason working with an independent quarterback coach.

“That’s still in the works,” Kaepernick said Tuesday when asked whether it was in his plan for the offseason. “Just working on possibilities right now.”

Players are not allowed to work with their NFL coaches from the end of the season until April 6, at the earliest. Many quarterbacks seek tutelage from such throwing coaches as Tom House, George Whitfield and Steve Clarkson during that portion of the offseason.

During the course of the season, quarterbacks are so focused on the upcoming opponent and studying the upcoming game plan that some mechanical issues often go unnoticed.

“It’s hard to break habits in season,” Kaepernick said. “You don’t want to completely try to change something because it can throw off everything else you’re doing.

“There’s always things you can tighten up.”
---------
His mechanics aren't ideal but he needs to find his nerve more than anything. It's a mental thing more than a physical thing imo.
---------
I think that's a great idea. Also a good idea-having an O line where your first priority is to read the defense rather than running for your life..
--------
Colin Kaepernick has gone to QB Gurus since he was in High School.
---------
This just goes to show how ignorant CK is. As poorly as he has performed most of the time. He should be doing more than considering it. He should already be signed up. The only thing I would suggest is he does it 3 months before training camp. Knowing him if he does it right after the season he will forget it by training camp.
--------
he better learn to throw a lob, a soft pass, a looping bomb, and a freaking screen pass.
otherwise, we are in for another horrible season
--------
According to Greg Roman the reason why the 49ers do not have a screen pass is because he said the Offensive line was not coordinated enough to set up the screen .

Personally I thiink the problem was with the person who drew up the plays - Greg Roman
--------
Wow..He actually can see that his mechanics are horrible? Throwing a football is not throwing a baseball.
--------
Yes...I chuckled at the word "considering" too. It should be a no-brainer decision.
---------
CONSIDER! Hey Colon Krapperdick consider another profession Like making "Hang'in Rope" cuz nobody chokes better than Steve DeBerg.
----------
PFT comments:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/24/colin-kaepernick-may-work-with-a-throwing-coach/

Take RG3 with you.
---------
His problem isn’t physical, it’s upstairs.
--------
Also needs to take some leadership courses.
---------
It’s hard to change your throwing motion when you are that old and already in the NFL as a franchise QB..

look at tebow..
--------
Do they also do brain replacement? This guy does not have the brain to be a good cerebral QB.
--------
What Uncle Rico needs to do is rid himself of that throwing motion that make him look like a 12 year old girl trying to throw a spiral…
--------
it will take way more than that!

3 most overrated and way way over paid QB

1. JUMP BALL JOE Flacco
2. Andy “red pop gun” Dalton
3. Colin “1 read” Kaepernick (he also loses points for wearing his hat with a flat brim, anyone who does that is pretty much a tool)
--------

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kaepernick said Tuesday when asked whether it was in his plan for the offseason. “Just working on possibilities right now.”
"....Possibilities..." What about the possibility he follow Harbaugh to Oakland!?!:LOL:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He should hire Tebow as a throwing coach. Kaperdick needs to start with the basics and Tim would be able to help him in a dramatic way. That would be my guess.

Not that I want to see Gonzo make any improvements.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He should hire Tebow as a throwing coach. Kaperdick needs to start with the basics and Tim would be able to help him in a dramatic way. That would be my guess.

Not that I want to see Gonzo make any improvements.
I was thinking of Tebow too. Two Great Minds with a Single thought!(y):LOL:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Out of interest in good sportsmanship, I will volunteer to teach Kaep.

OK, Kaep... first lesson. See those guys on the other side of the ball from you? Are they dressed in blue and yellow? If so, throw it to them.

Trust me, it's a new rule.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
You can't teach someone instincts in the pocket.

Kap sees pressure and his first thought is to tuck and run

Wilson sees pressure and either manipulates the pocket to buy more time, throws it quickly and becomes Harry Houdini.
Man I wish he was our QB

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As much as my Rams have frustrated me this year the fact that Colin Kaepernick has fallen from grace has amused me. A very good friend of mine and a staunch Ram fan drafted Kaepernick on his fantasy team in our league and now I've instructed him he has to continue to draft him because of the year he had!

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes, his mechanics are not great but it's the mental part of the game that is lacking. Can a guy suddenly become accurate? I don't know.
I still put a lot maybe even most of the sacks on Kap and not his line.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The only possibilities he's working on is which endorsement agency will film his 11 minute off-season workout.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/
Colin Kaepernick may work with a throwing coach

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 24, 2014, 7:45 AM EST
c02337ceb9e46f3929f807c51d5dfd81.jpeg
AP
The former quarterback who has mentoredColin Kaepernick is about to walk out the door.

So the 49ers quarterback said this week he might need to find a new Yoda this offseason.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, Kaepernick said he was considering spending the next few months of the offseason with an independent quarterback coach.

That’s still in the works,” Kaepernick said. “Just working on possibilities right now.”

Private quarterback tutors have become a cottage industry in recent years, and guys such as George Whitfield and Tom House and others have become sought-after contractors for quarterbacks who want to rebuild or remodel their mechanics.

Whitfield also served as a coaching intern with the 49ers this year, which may point it in a certain direction.

The work is valuable for some players, since there’s a hands-off policy for coaches until April, and they can work through existing issues then.

“It’s hard to break habits in season,” Kaepernick said. “You don’t want to completely try to change something because it can throw off everything else you’re doing.

“There’s always things you can tighten up.”

That he said so many words about it, and is considering doing it, is a sign the 49ers quarterback is taking seriously his need to get better.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You can't teach someone instincts in the pocket.

Kap sees pressure and his first thought is to tuck and run

Wilson sees pressure and either manipulates the pocket to buy more time, throws it quickly and becomes Harry Houdini.
Man I wish he was our QB

And he keeps his eyes downfield and the ball ready to throw, which CK doesn't do. CK pulls it down and tucks it and goes which leaves a lot of plays on the field so to speak.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
You mean you have to actually throw the ball to be a good QB in the NFL? Who would have thought?

Athos

Legend
BAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You mean you can't just throw a 4-seam fastball in a football game and be successful? :ROFLMAO:

Love it. The clown is so exposed it's not even funny. I said before, without his legs, he'd be out of the league.