Kaepernick headed to Seattle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
On your reply to me - What exactly was his message? I am not sure I know. But I am sure that a guy who made millions of dollars playing a sport and living the American Dream, who also was accused by teammates of being too white, and didn't embrace the black culture until after the criticism, seems to be a misplaced representative of a message about black oppression.

Whether or not he is misplaced as a representative about treatment of black people (oppression is something different) he got conversations started. And that ALWAYS helps. Even if we don't like the person starting the conversation. And I do not like him by the way.

His message wasn't really a message. It was more him being a pointer dog if you know what that is. He was simply saying "look at this"

Regarding your reply to CGI- I don't understand your comment about people knowing he was right. He just knelt to disrespect the anthem, the flag, and the country, that he has prospered from. What is right about that? He didn't stand up at the Mike during the game and discuss the issues. He could have started the conversation just by using his celebrity and start talking, without doing it on the football field. His actions were offensive to subsets of the American population, like veterans, black or white that watched their brothers in arms die on the battlefield, while he plays games and gets rich. It was lame.

If anyone doesn't know that black people are treated worse by the police and courts then I question their sense, if they think that isn't true then I question their veracity. Disrespecting the flag, anthem and country is an opinion you have, many don't think that way including scholars, battle field veterans and regular Joe Bagadonuts. He has And he DID use his status to start the conversation. Obviously during a game he didn't have access to a mic, but he did postgame interviews at his locker all the time.

Why in your mind does the fact that he is making millions take away his right to voice his opinion.

Also, his actions got other high profile athletes to speak up, even though they declined to kneel. So things actually happened other than discussion.

In fairness in being a Veteran we also fought for his right to protest....Do I agree with it? Absolutely not, however, it is his right and that is what makes this country great IMHO.

I think, like you, it's not the best way but it is a way. And if there are many converging and ongoing efforts then shit will actually, really, finally change.

And quite frankly, I believe that it's far more important for people who may not be suffering at the same level to take a stand to help those who are suffering at worse levels as it is the only way to bring attention to such issues.

The powerless, because of their position, cannot have a strong voice of their own. They have to be sponsored. And the luxury we have as a free society should see more of that.

But, in the end, if there were the same level of outrage regarding the unfair treatment of minorities (and if we really thought about it, there should be) as there has been regarding how he protested, then there wouldn't be a need for anyone to protest anything because the issue would have all but vanished.

That just closed out this conversation brilliantly.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:palm: I know if I showed up to work and decided to do my own thing during an organized event, I'd probably get fired. Once NFL players don the uniform on game day, they are basically "on the clock" and are a face of the organization. If the organization and the NFL are fine with a player's actions, the only other group that has influence is the fans unless the government oversteps its authority. I don't think Kap made any major statement. I think he jumped on the bandwagon of what was already going on. He just happens to be afforded a much louder voice than we have. My only problem with such protests is they are often misguided toward the symptoms of a problem rather than the root causes. :wtf::stop::hellno: :sup:(< my little protest group)