Kaepernick headed to Seattle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why would he protest the National Anthem about how blacks are treated by Law Enforcement if his family was in Law Enforcement. That makes no sense. He said it was a race thing.

There are legit, calm, deliberate and mindful answers to this, but this just isn't the forum for them.

I'll leave it with this: if you knew all the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner, it's history and WHY it was written, it's very different than just lionizing the first verse. It's a MUCH darker song than most people know (if for no reason than they don't know any verses, but the first verse).

I could really go into it (and it's tempting), but that's a start. If this is even too much, mea culpa.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

A developed Mannion is better than Fitzy, imho. The only problem is that Fisher essentially ignored him. Essentially, he got 5 minutes more attention than *I* did and that's unacceptable for a PS player, let alone the guy they planned to be the backup.

Fisher ignoring Mannion wasn't as egregious as Martz trying to blackball Warner by sabotaging his ability to play in the league with falsehoods and not letting him go early, but it was pretty bad.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I could really go into it (and it's tempting), but that's a start. If this is even too much, mea culpa.

Third Stanza is still up for debate, Key never stated in his lifetime what it meant. If you look historically at it, he was defeated by British Forces comprised of said personage, and he was referencing that. We may never ever know th real answer.

But the meaning behind it is moot, because Kapernick strted his protest prior to finding out about the third stanza

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Well if you know anything Kap ? His stance had to do with his family being in law inforcement .He also grew up or has family from the great north west. If he plays it is for the love of the game & team.
The thing the media is for getting is Kap decided to opt out of his contract. Weather Shanahan would have kept him or not is another story.
We all as Ram fans should remember the bet & commercials Kap & Wilson did together. They both had good Super Bowl runs , as the Rams were finishing in last place.

Not trying to be a jerk, but not sure what this has to do with my post. If its to do with his stance, I dont have a problem with his stance. Heck stand for anything you want. For the record, he is on record more than once stating he is standing up for people that are oppressed. Nowhere I have I read anything about his family in law enforcement.

I have no issue for what he stood up for, but he has a platform outside of the field. Also many other athletes stood up for the same thing but ran it by their coaches. Like how Britt and Austin did it and McCourty in NE did. Those were not distractions. Again a back up QB being that big of a distraction may have GMs questioning his leadership ability.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Have to agree Memphis... Even if Kaep comes with some baggage, he showed last season that he's still better than the bottom quarter of starting QB's in he NFL.

Colin Kaepernick SF 2016

Completions
196 Attempts 331 Completion % 59.2 Yards per game 241
Yards per attempt 6.8 TD's 16 INT's 4 QB Rating 90.7

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

kaepernick-anthem.jpg
Forget Kap's stats! His " Stance" in this^^ Photo is all he will be remembered for in his 2016 Season! And NOT in a good way!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Well, not only has Mannion been putting in TONS of off-season work, but apparently the coaching staff is really impressed with his development (in spite of the lack of attention and resources from the Fisher regime).

I'm NOT trying to start some Goff v Mannion thing. Rather, I think Mannion is much, much better than most here recognize and that we ALREADY know that McVay is making sure to develop BOTH.

I'm sure he learned the benefits of that in Washington where it turned out Cousins was the guy who stuck.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Third Stanza is still up for debate, Key never stated in his lifetime what it meant. If you look historically at it, he was defeated by British Forces comprised of said personage, and he was referencing that. We may never ever know th real answer.

But the meaning behind it is moot, because Kapernick strted his protest prior to finding out about the third stanza

Again, interesting topic (and I have responses), but I'll respect the mods and their wishes and leave this for other venues.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If it happens, then good for him. Despite so many missing and/or ignoring the point of his stance, he's still better than most backups and some starters in the league.

He's a backup QB. That's just true.

I would go as far as saying he is better than most starters in the league.

You are high as fuck, he is so far form that it isn't funny. If he was he would be signed, protests be damned.

There are legit, calm, deliberate and mindful answers to this, but this just isn't the forum for them.

You are 100% correct.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not trying to be a jerk, but not sure what this has to do with my post. If its to do with his stance, I dont have a problem with his stance. Heck stand for anything you want. For the record, he is on record more than once stating he is standing up for people that are oppressed. Nowhere I have I read anything about his family in law enforcement.

I have no issue for what he stood up for, but he has a platform outside of the field. Also many other athletes stood up for the same thing but ran it by their coaches. Like how Britt and Austin did it and McCourty in NE did. Those were not distractions. Again a back up QB being that big of a distraction may have GMs questioning his leadership ability.

Kap was doing in the preseason. He did it without the media even knowing at first:
The team supported him & guys from Seattle stood up for the cause as well. Kap is a smart guy as far as education . He stayed true to his giving money to certain groups. He gave up $14 million to opt out of his contract.
I really think he should have played it out. That's fine you think he will be a distraction. There is no doubt his stance went through the NFL.
Seattle is a good place for him. I believe he has family in Edmonton ? Not sure. I get my facts a little more in place.
-- I heard a few of his interviews after Niner games. He talked about knowing or having family in law enforcement. He had his view.
He was called out by the San Jose police chief about his stance early on. The guy was talking about not protecting Niner games ?? I believe ?? That is going off what I heard live on the news. Never really got into it or could rewind it.
I just took it in as a NFL fan & listened with a open mind.
From what I've seen is Kap has kept low & he is not talking crap. He could make a issue if it which might be the wrong thing to do ? I'm just letting it play out. Will see ? The media is the ones who are making a big deal about it.

I just think Seattle is a good spot for him. Russell Wilson is not a bad guy to play behind & learn from. Kap is young for a QB & has a big window he can improve on.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why would he protest the National Anthem about how blacks are treated by Law Enforcement if his family was in Law Enforcement. That makes no sense. He said it was a race thing.
He is an ignorant person.
Ignorant people do ignorant things.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it happens, then good for him. Despite so many missing and/or ignoring the point of his stance, he's still better than most backups and some starters in the league.

I believe most people understood his point but, didn't like they way he did it, or don't watch football to have political stances shoved onto our TV screens. The rest of us just disagree with him.

I would go as far as saying he is better than most starters in the league. Regardless of his stance, he was a back up QB who become the ultimate distraction. Not good optics for any backup IMO and probably the opinion of most GMs. Not saying the GMs or myself are right, just stating an opinion.

Only got more out of him than I thought possible. Before that Harbaugh was lauded for getting a lot from him, but in reality Harbaugh's success was through using a new system that took the NFL some time to catch up to. Kelly actually taught Kaepernick how to be a better QB. Harbaugh suddenly doesn't look as shiny anymore.

He patterned his return to the pros on his successes in college. He bases his style on competition...and competitive personalities. It appears to be very successful.

He was able to recruit like a champ at USC. If he couldn't succeed with that roster, he doesn't deserve to even be he Water boy. His loose gooey style eventually led to "The inmates running the asylum", as one reporter put it. The thing with his style is that once you get to a certain point of leniency there is no turning back. Then you have to kind of start over by getting new pieces. The trouble is Pete no longer has the skinny on the college players after so many years away from coaching there. He and Schneider haven't uncovered the later round gems like he did originally. His one saving grace is that he has a very good quarterback......which has saved a lot of coaches butts.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
i hope CK starts a few games for Seattle. A+ for Rams, and peter king will be quiet then:)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I believe Kaepernick is good enough to start, in the right situation. Heck, he already proved that. He's certainly better than most back up options.

The problem, regardless your opinion on his anthem kneel, is that topic and cloud of divisiveness will follow him into the next locker room. Not exactly an ideal attribute for one of your QB/offensive leaders.

On a proven team like Seattle, behind an established starter like Wilson, it might work. But... it's a gamble on one of the hardest things to assemble; team culture.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I believe most people understood his point but, didn't like they way he did it, or don't watch football to have political stances shoved onto our TV screens. The rest of us just disagree with him.

All of which to me is scary and sad, but completely understandable given the world we win in.:(

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He was able to recruit like a champ at USC. If he couldn't succeed with that roster, he doesn't deserve to even be he Water boy. His loose gooey style eventually led to "The inmates running the asylum", as one reporter put it. The thing with his style is that once you get to a certain point of leniency there is no turning back. Then you have to kind of start over by getting new pieces. The trouble is Pete no longer has the skinny on the college players after so many years away from coaching there. He and Schneider haven't uncovered the later round gems like he did originally. His one saving grace is that he has a very good quarterback......which has saved a lot of coaches butts.
He could recruit....and I'm sure that still is a strong suit with FA's.....They still have a very talented roster. I think injuries damaged their playoff hopes more than talent last year....Still one of the best teams in the NFL in fact.
I don't know any team that could survive that boneheaded goal line call...It was almost certain to fracture a team as talented. Until they win another SB, it will continue to be a cloud hanging over that franchise.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'd be arguably the:
2nd best QB in the AFC east
3rd best in AFC West
3rd Best in AFC north, I'd hate to see him surrounded by Cincy's talent-
3rd best in AFC South
NFC East, hard to put him ahead of any of them
NFC West- Tied for 3rd?
NFC North- 3rd best
NFC South- Take a seat. 5th
Lets just say that if he signs with Seattle, I hope he eats up their salary cap and never has to play. Because IMO it would be a "be careful of what you wish for" sitch
The cat can play

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He could recruit....and I'm sure that still is a strong suit with FA's.....They still have a very talented roster. I think injuries damaged their playoff hopes more than talent last year....Still one of the best teams in the NFL in fact.
I don't know any team that could survive that boneheaded goal line call...It was almost certain to fracture a team as talented. Until they win another SB, it will continue to be a cloud hanging over that franchise.

He picked up a couple pieces that when drafted you would have been thinking the World of the seahags.
The Olineman from T a@m plus Lacey ?? Injuries play a big part of it.

Recruiting Dj Jackson from Poly should have happened. It got leaked so at the press conference he changed his mind.he also wanted to play baseball. Pete was cool with it , but not the baseball coach.
Mark Sanchez had him going there. He was a good recruiter for a player. They played in underarmor game together.