Kaepernick and RG3: Is There Anything Left?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I remember when the media was saying that these two clowns were the future of football. Get the fuck outta here. Lol!

A55VA6

Legend
Kaep and RG3 were shit from the get go. Teams figured them out quickly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Aaron Rodgers?
Good call. Yeah for sure...but he's not done yet. When it's all said and done he might be the best in terms of passing + rushing ability.

It's funny too because when i think of Rodgers i think of him scrambling more earlier in his career, but after looking it up he's actually putting up more rushing numbers in the last three seasons then he has since around the 2009 and 2010 seasons. I suppose it's because that offense hasn't been purring like a well oiled machine like it used to and he's having to make more plays with his feet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Hmmm....that seems about right...to me mojo.....ahahahahaha....but I feel ya..

Good stuff.
Guys like Aaron Rodgers(like Dieterbrock mentioned) and Cam Newton could wind up being the best too. Cam still needs to put more work in though.

IMO dual threat is about grading out pure passing ability and pure scrambling ability...and combining the two for some kind of intangible final grade. Mike Vick for instance, IMO he's absolutely the best running threat the game has ever seen...but he was an average passer. Still, he has to grade out pretty high as an all time dual threat QB when you combine his skills. Elway was obviously a great passer and he could run too, but IMO Vick was a better passer then Elway was a scrambler...so i'd rank Vick higher then Elway as a dual threat guy. If that makes sense?

Many of these athletic running QBs today just aren't very good, consistent passers. I think Cam could get there maybe. Rodgers is top 5. No one did both(pass/run) better than Steve Young though...IMO.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aaron Rodgers?

Good call. Yeah for sure...but he's not done yet. When it's all said and done he might be the best in terms of passing + rushing ability.
whew....he's not on MY list for only one reason...Like Mojo said, he's just now letting everyone know he can really run. But he's a top QB overall...excellent arm talent.

IMO dual threat is about grading out pure passing ability and pure scrambling ability...and combining the two for some kind of intangible final grade.
Agreed....Cam's not here...couple others...win in the big games...Vick really carried teams with his legs and the occasional pass. Randle too...Cam....meh...maybe I'm a lil pissed about that SB....That failing to fall on that fumble...But totally agree.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
whew....he's not on MY list for only one reason...Like Mojo said, he's just now letting everyone know he can really run. But he's a top QB overall...excellent arm talent.
Huh? He's been running since the jump. 300+ yards per season and 9tds in his 1st 2 years.
He's good for about 350 each year, not that far behind Young, maybe 5 yards a game less?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Huh? He's been running since the jump. 300+ yards per season and 9tds in his 1st 2 years.
He's good for about 350 each year, not that far behind Young, maybe 5 yards a game less?

Yep. Look at the rushing numbers @LACHAMP46
Pretty consistent.
I stand corrected....And for some reason, the Snakes numbers aren't as good as I remember either. Running QB from Bama....and looks like he never ran.

Cunningham, (Geez, almost had 1000 one year (1990), Vick over 1000 in 2006, and really...those 2...Maybe Cam.....are pure dual threats that were more dangerous as runners when they first began playing. And the throwing developed as they matured. Young's numbers are very similar to Rogers.
And why I left Francis Trakenton off....meh, I never liked Vikings, Cowboys, or 9ers much.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stand corrected....And for some reason, the Snakes numbers aren't as good as I remember either. Running QB from Bama....and looks like he never ran.

Cunningham, (Geez, almost had 1000 one year (1990), Vick over 1000 in 2006, and really...those 2...Maybe Cam.....are pure dual threats that were more dangerous as runners when they first began playing. And the throwing developed as they matured. Young's numbers are very similar to Rogers.
And why I left Francis Trakenton off....meh, I never liked Vikings, Cowboys, or 9ers much.
Stabler didn't run, but man it seemed like he never got sacked, was so good at scrambling. Slippery sum bitch!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ells-nfl-teams-colin-kaepernick-can-be-great/

Jim Harbaugh tells NFL teams Colin Kaepernick can be great
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2017

625967358.jpg
Getty Images

The coach who went to a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick thinks another team could get to the Super Bowl with Kaepernick, if he gets the chance.

Jim Harbaugh said on PFT Live that Kaepernick, whom he coached in San Francisco, still has all the tools he displayed when he took the league by storm in his first year as a starter. Harbaugh said NFL teams have reached out to ask his opinion of Kaepernick, and Harbaugh tells them they should sign him.

“I’ll tell you the same thing I tell them: I think he’s an outstanding player and I think he’s a great competitor who has proven it in games and has the ability to be not only an NFL starter but a great NFL player,” Harbaugh said.

Harbaugh said he thinks NFL teams aren’t as patient as they need to be in developing quarterbacks, and he thinks a smart team will take the time to work with Kaepernick to make the most of his physical tools. That team, Harbaugh believes, will win multiple Super Bowls.

“He’ll have a great career and be a great quarterback, win championships,” Harbaugh said.

Now the question is whether any team will give Kaepernick that chance.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/21/cfl-team-squats-on-rights-to-kaepernick-griffin/

CFL team squats on rights to Kaepernick, Griffin
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2017

459474404-e1490104669500.jpg
Getty Images

Little more than four years ago, Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III were two of the hottest quarterbacks in the NFL. Now, they’re unemployed.

They won’t be for long, if they decide to play in Canada.

Via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have added both players to their exclusive negotiating list. This gives the Tiger-Cats dibs on both players, if/when they decide to continue their careers north of the border.

Kaepernick and Griffin join Johnny Manziel on the Tiger-Cats negotiating list.

At this rate, they’ll eventually have Jay Cutler, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Mark Sanchez, and Tim Tebow, too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully, he’ll get a fair chance to compete for a roster spot and for playing time.

Hopefully he'll be sitting during the Canadian national anthem. But nice job by Florio trying to make a team's logical aversion to a player sound sinister.

…..

Legend
To be honest...I get alittle miffed whenever I sign onto our lil website and am forced to see Kaepernick and Griffins name on our thread list.

I can spend the whole off season not hearing about either of these guys and will be just fine.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I keep hearing from Kaperdinks teeamates He as texting his girlfriend during the Ntl anthem, and had been doing it for quite a while. It had nothing to do with any kinid of protest. That was just a spur of the moment excuse. He knew that texting his girlfriend during the national anthem might lead to trouble, a media frenzy. Kap could care less about any worthwhile "cause". Being a POS human being doesn't help his cause getting a job.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
To be honest...I get alittle miffed whenever I sign onto our lil website and am forced to see Kaepernick and Griffins name on our thread list.

I can spend the whole off season not hearing about either of these guys and will be just fine.

Sorry to "miff" you and the other Rams brothers here but Rams news is scant these days. It's "throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks" time.

5671542.png

…..

Legend
Sorry to "miff" you and the other Rams brothers here but Rams news is scant these days. It's "throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks" time.

Ehhh its no problemo brother, I still get the interest, even if I don't share in it.

If anything, its helping me work on my filter!(y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ehhh its no problemo brother, I still get the interest, even if I don't share in it.

If anything, its helping me work on my filter!(y)

roflbot.jpg

Here you go...one of these babies will do the trick. :)

photodune-6743342-spam-filter-on-red-keyboard-button-xs.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the way, any word on what Case Keenum is doing these days?
Maybe he's been busy "fishing" in Montana with Jeff Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.