Kaep to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Maaan...

Flash back to this time two years ago and you'll find the 6-3 Niners playing the 7-2 Saints. Niners finished the season 12-4.

Now this... :homer:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
For all the joy we take as the 9ers plummet off the planet, I suggest a quick look at the standings and records..Not so funny to me, then...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I've been calling this since he rolled out his no trick pony after we dinged up Smith. I knew the Whiners were going to regret it, if the reports are right even Harbaugh knew he fucked up going with Kaep over Smith and tried to pull out but York still saw dollar signs all over Kaep so that contributed even more to their sissy slap fight.

Now Bizzaro DeBartolo realizes he sucks and immediately puts him down Old Yeller style behind the shed, what a wonderful dumpster fire.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So the Rams effectively started and ended his career. First QB to start his first game and end his last game against the same team. Yummy.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So the Rams effectively started and ended his career. First QB to start his first game and end his last game against the same team. Yummy.

His first start came the week after the Rams knocked out Smith, but the Rams did start and finish his career.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What 49ers Fans Are Saying About Kaepernick To IR

I was really interested in what these fans had to say about this bizarre turn of events, but most of these posts are guys arguing about who's drunk :burp: and who's a troll :mrburns: so I left them out.
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11...-of-colin-kaepernick-to-injured-reserve-dylan

Salary cap implications of Colin Kaepernick to injured reserve, Dylan Thompson promotion
By David Fucillo@NinersNation on Nov 21, 2015

The San Francisco 49ers decision to place quarterback Colin Kaepernick on injured reserve likely means his time with the team is done, but it also saves them money on this year's salary cap. The 49ers contracts frequently include game-day roster bonuses, earned if a player is on the 46-man active roster. This is meant to protect the team in case of injuries.

Kap's contract had more game-day bonuses than anybody on the team. Each year he was due $2,000,000 in game-day bonuses, which breaks down to $125,000 per game. Kap's placement on injured reserve means he will not be active for the final seven games of the season. That adds up to $875,000 in cap savings. The 49ers can roll any 2015 cap space to 2016. Barring any notable contract extensions, the 49ers will be rolling over upwards of $15 million in cap space.

The 49ers will lose a modest amount of cap space with the promotion of Dylan Thompson to the active roster. He was earning $6,600 per week as part of the 49ers practice squad. He now will earn the NFL league minimum, which is $435,000. That is paid out on a weekly basis, and will amount to approximately $25,588 per week. He was due to earn $46,200 in practice squad salary. Assuming he is on the roster the final seven weeks, he will earn $179,116. Not bad for a couple months work.
--------
I need a drink! A strong one.
I heard foster is not that strong. You drunks know of a good potent drink? Other than the hirticaniners?
-------
49ers fans need the hard stuff
Beer is too meek for us
-------
lol... wowza!!!! I'm making popcorn for this one..
--------
I'm sorry... Have I offended you?
Because you just insulted my family
sGfUvaU.png

---------
KWp2ljE.jpg

---------
Kaps injury has destroyed my Gabbert Golden Dream (n I’m definitely NOT pregnant now)
--------
That brings up an important point.
I doubt it but I would hope the sudden, out of left field announcement of Kap being put on IR gave the head office time to raid another team’s practice squad for an additional QB. I doubt this team thinks that far ahead but I can hope. It is time to have three QBs on the 53 man roster. Either we grab a QB off a PS or find one off the street.
-------
Tebow time!

-------
Sounds more like they don't want to pay him, so they're putting him on IR, so they'll dump him in the off season for even less.
Dirty
-------
There is so much stupid and wrong about this....
The other thing is if you want to trade the guy, why wouldn’t you tell everyone who would listen he is injured and set that up to be the reason his play fell off??? That’s the perfect cover and will keep teams interested.

They just can’t seem to out one foot in front of the other with these things!
----------
Until he finds out that surgery won't cure
CHOKING.
-------
Kap told 49ers team doctors he had an injury
And now he is on IR and for WEEKS and WEEKS Jed York & Trent Baalke let the Smear campaign against Colin Kaepernick continue.

then ALL OF A SUDDEN Kap goes on IR just like that without warning from Tomsula, Parrag, Baalke, or York?

HOW IS THAT NOT FISHY?

Tomsula telling the media he "Will not commit to a QB" and that they are "Evaluating the QB position"

This whole thing stinks of York/Baalke/Parrag.

Kap on an Island, Kap losing the locker room, Kap has no friends.
--------
He's agent told him to fix his hurt shoulder.
But Kap said, " my shoulder hurts? But I just finished my 400lbs bench press set and it seemed fine?"

Agent," you like 17 million a year paycheck right? Not the 2 million a year Gabs get?"

Kap, " yeah my shoulder hurts now, is it the left or the right?"

Surgeon," No son, I can’t fix choking."
--------
Now Colin Kaepernick is really leaving the team
We need a new QB.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so FRUSTRATED with the 49ers.

We no Longer have a great Head Coach in Jim Harbaugh

We are back to searching for a QB

49ers fans we are traveling back in time do you remember the years 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 for our 49ers?

Years and years looking for the right head coach and the right QB. Kap was not the guy and Harbaugh is gone.
---------
Remember these guys
1. 49ers QB History post Montana/Young

Jeff Garcia, Tim Rattay, Jim Druckenmiller, Ken Dorsey, Cody Pickett, Shaun Hill, J.T. O’Sullivan, Troy Smith, and Alex Smith.

2. 49ers History post Walsh/Seifert

Steve Mariucci, Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary

Now we are in a new era

1. 49ers QB post Colin Kaepernick

Blaine Gabbert

2. 49ers Head Coaches post Jim Harbaugh

Jim Tomusla

It seems a new era of QB & Head coaching has started for a new generation of fans. The constant theme of all the 49ers problems is that the Yorks took over the team from Eddie DeBartolo Jr.
---------
Kap is realizing the team is not going to look out for him
So he has to take care of himself.

Good for him.
----------
B-b-but this was all part of an evil Y-y-york plot!!
This is probably closer to the truth, Kap’s a very easily offended guy.

This actually works out well for both sides. Kap has a built in excuse for his awful play, gets some time off to "breathe", and the Niners save money. Win win!
---------
Tomsula on Kaep...
" He had a shoulder thing, I’m no doctor, but I understand This about dat, and Kaep did wear a hat, so you know I’m not going there, ok"
---------
Tomsula on Gabbert...
" yeah, He does what he does, you all saw it, but I have to watch more film, ok. He is a starter dis week, we’re here now dis week, so dis week he da starter,ok. He took dat shoot , you all saw it, but I have to look at da film because da scamatics of the shoot were look a pasta dinner, ok"
---------
Well
It will be interesting when the story of Colin Kaepernick is told. His complete collapse has been amazing (not in a good way).
---------
This has been one nightmare of an off and on season, and there appears no end to it!
---------
Go to a good organization Kaep!
Sign with New England, Denver, or hate to say it, NY Giants. Stay away from punk ass organizations with stupid, stubborn, ownership surrounded by a bunch of obsequious brown nosers, like the one you’re now leaving.

There are many of us here who will always follow your career , and root for you!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eams-called-the-49ers-about-kaepernick-trade/

Report: Three teams called the 49ers about Kaepernick trade
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 22, 2015

It seems clear that Colin Kaepernick has played his last down for the 49ers.

But it appears there was a chance that might have happened before yesterday’s decision to put him on season-ending injured reserve.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, at least three teams called the 49ers about a possible trade before the deadline, but none were able to or prepared to take on Kaepernick’s $12.4 million salary.

Of course, he didn’t specify which teams, at which point they might as well be the ever-popular “mystery team” which pops up every year during free agency. And it would certainly work to the 49ers advantage to create the impression of a market when they try to make a deal this offseason.

At the same time, the law of supply and demand would suggest there’s more than one team that could use Kaepernick, at a time when guys such as T.J. Yates and Case Keenum and yes, Blaine Gabbert are about to be starters.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/24/kaepernick-has-surgery-with-4-6-month-recovery-time/

Kaepernick has surgery, with 4-6 month recovery time
Posted by Mike Florio on November 24, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwfjzdvjzjy2nmnky2jlmzzkytmyntbiymfimgi4zmyx-e1448398335604.jpeg
AP

As expected, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has undergone surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. Via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, the damage to Kaepernick’s labrum was “extensive.”

Barrows also reports that Kaepernick’s recovery is expected to take four to six months. In little more than four months, April 1 arrives — the day on which Kaepernick’s $11.9 million salary for 2016 switches from being guaranteed for injury only to being fully guaranteed.

It means that the 49ers could have an even harder time trading Kaepernick (it already wasn’t going to be easy), and that they may have to cut him before he’s fully cleared, hopeful that he’ll eventually become healthy prior to Week One, at which time he’d be entitled to still collect paychecks if he remains injured.

Some have suggested that Kaepernick gets the $11.9 million if he can’t pass a physical before April 1. And while Kaepernick’s camp may indeed make that argument as part of a grievance that would be filed if Kaepernick is cut before he’s healthy, the more likely outcome is that Kaepernick would get money guaranteed for injury only if he can’t pass a physical before Week One of the 2016 regular season.

Either way, it’s hard to imagine Kaepernick playing for the 49ers in 2016.