K Roberto Aguayo... is he "The Piece?"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As we obsess over the offense and for good reason, one thing that is overlooked by many of us is that the kicker position really let the team down this season. IF our infamous Greg The Leg had lived up to Fisher's billing of him, this team might well have made the playoffs. I'm serious, and it puts in perspective the importance of the position when you have a team like the Rams that are built on defense and teams.

Roberto Aguayo is the most accurate kicker in NCAA history. Dude is ridiculous...

Smart and driven, earning his criminology degree and graduating as a junior.
80% from 50+ yards with 4 of 5 made.
96.73% of his kicks made in three seasons total.
Made all 198 of his extra points attempts.

Kroenke's a big fan of the Cheatriots, who have had back-to-back best kickers in the league for so many years now. Has me wondering if we are due to hear about this guy in the draft...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
As we obsess over the offense and for good reason, one thing that is overlooked by many of us is that the kicker position really let the team down this season. IF our infamous Greg The Leg had lived up to Fisher's billing of him, this team might well have made the playoffs. I'm serious, and it puts in perspective the importance of the position when you have a team like the Rams that are built on defense and teams.

Roberto Aguayo is the most accurate kicker in NCAA history. Dude is ridiculous...

Smart and driven, earning his criminology degree and graduating as a junior.
80% from 50+ yards with 4 of 5 made.
96.73% of his kicks made in three seasons total.
Made all 198 of his extra points attempts.

Kroenke's a big fan of the Cheatriots, who have had back-to-back best kickers in the league for so many years now. Has me wondering if we are due to hear about this guy in the draft...

Sounds like he could be Jeff Wilkins 2.0 in terms of accuracy.

I'm all for it as long as we don't reach. I'd say 5th round would be the highest I would take a kicker.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Would have to use a draft pick on him, probably will go 5th-6th round. Would love to have him but think we can get quality competition in an UDFA, Wouldnt hate if we drafted him though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A good kicker could be worth a 3rd or 4th.

Heck, Janikowski was a 1st rounder. Jason Hanson was a 2nd rounder.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If we are going to continue to play Fisher ball then you better get the best kicker you can afford because many Ram wins will come from very low scores where FG's is our main offensive weapon. Greg the Leg has shown he is NOT the answer any longer.

That 4th round #111 would be a steal if used to secure kicker named Roberto Aguayo. I sure hate to use a second day draft pick on him but you better start thinking hard about it. Better not depend on a UDFA with Fisher as a HC.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we are going to continue to play Fisher ball then you better get the best kicker you can afford because many Ram wins will come from very low scores where FG's is our main offensive weapon. Greg the Leg has shown he is NOT the answer any longer.

That 4th round #111 would be a steal if used to secure kicker named Roberto Aguayo. I sure hate to use a second day draft pick on him but you better start thinking hard about it. Better not depend on a UDFA with Fisher as a HC.

Exactly.

I'll add that with the rules changes of extra points being longer does two things: makes going for 2 more feasible and makes your kicker more valuable. This particular kicker is going to be gone by round 4 IMO. His consistency is the best in the history of the NCAA and he can be counted on to hit long FGs. His value in relation to wins will be greater than many other players and positions once you get beyond the premium rounds.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd draft him in the 5th if we had a 5th but we don't so a 4th is a gray area for me. But if you are satisfied with the QB, WR, TE, and MLB that you have already drafted, why not draft him in the 4th? What's a bigger need at that point?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This Seminole right here has been salivating over the idea of him being a Ram for a few years now. He is money.