Justin King disses Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
2659eb0298a940c28a24d22.png

https://twitter.com/pwilson24/status/232516928613273600

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah we'll see how many misreads Bradford has when he throws for 6 TD's against him on Sunday on his first 6 passes. Justin King couldn't cover a sloth.

Speeps

Starter
I take that with a grain of salt. Justin King is not a good judge of talent. That would explain why he couldn't cover anyone last season.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
...And Justin King was placed on IR August 10th of Bradford's rookie year meaning he had a grand total of a week and a half going against Bradford in training camp.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
That's a strong opinion coming from someone who's been dissed by a big chunk of the receivers he's faced.

Anonymous

X said:

You know there are lots of ways to take that but many, many folks said that Luck was simply one of the most pro ready rookie qbs they had ever seen in a draft.

And many pointed out that Bradford was a bit behind because of coming from the OU spread.

So frankly, I don't doubt the basic truth of what he says--Luck is much further along than almost anyone was when it comes to those things.

That doesn't mean Bradford can't develop into a top one.

But the comment doesn't have to be taken just as spite or as an opportunity for "flame the player."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
X said:

You know there are lots of ways to take that but many, many folks said that Luck was simply one of the most pro ready rookie qbs they had ever seen in a draft.

And many pointed out that Bradford was a bit behind because of coming from the OU spread.

So frankly, I don't doubt the basic truth of what he says--Luck is much further along than almost anyone was when it comes to those things.

That doesn't mean Bradford can't develop into a top one.

But the comment doesn't have to be taken just as spite or as an opportunity for "flame the player."
Sure it can. Watch.

"Fuck Justin King and his third-degree-burned ass."

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Why is anyone giving any credence to what Justin fucking King thinks? He's been torched more times than a Japanese pillbox.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
All Justin King knows about pass defense is that he can't play it.

12 targets. 7 rec. 153 yards, 2 TDs. His line against the Ravens. He made Torrey Smith a household name In 1 half. PFF had him as worst rated game any CB has played.

Yeah He's a expert.

Anonymous

Well the rage of the homegrown crowd aside.. :mrgreen: ...in terms of comparing the 2 qbs straight up, Luck now and Bradford last year, he's probably right. Not that it matters...a lot of guys think Bradford has the higher ceiling.

Anyway.

It's player speak.

Rams players talk about how great Shotty is.

Jets players talk about how they're glad Brian is gone.

Rams players say there's less thinking on defense and they like it.

Saints players say the defense is more disciplined and they like it.

King notices what everyone else noticed about Luck--it's not his physical skills, it's his sophistication as a passer.

Shrug. :cool:

bluecoconuts

Legend
zn said:
.in terms of comparing the 2 qbs straight up, Luck now and Bradford last year, he's probably right.

Funny, I don't remember seeing Luck last year in the regular season. Probably because he's never taken an NFL snap. So in terms of comparing the 2 QB's straight up, there is no comparison because there is nothing to go off of Luck.

In terms of College careers? Bradford smokes Luck and it's not even close.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
zn said:
.in terms of comparing the 2 qbs straight up, Luck now and Bradford last year, he's probably right.

Funny, I don't remember seeing Luck last year in the regular season. Probably because he's never taken an NFL snap. So in terms of comparing the 2 QB's straight up, there is no comparison because there is nothing to go off of Luck.

Again, the thing is, Bradford started from behind in terms of adapting to an NFL offense and Luck started ahead. Meanwhile, last year, due to factors beyond his control, Bradford also regressed in a lot of respects.

Now how you rate the 2 in comparison at this point is probably up in the air and 50/50 for objective experts, and a foregone conclusion for fans of each.

But the word on Luck was a rare, even eerie, sense of anticipation and a rare ability to read defenses for a college qb. I mean look at him...was he the first pick cause of over the top physical measurables or over the top instincts and intangibles?

It;s just no surprise someone is going to say something like King said, and, frankly, as Rams fan and Bradford fan, it doesn't bother me in the least. There's just nothing there to get bothered about.

And of course there are some objective folks who say they like Bradford's ceiling better than Luck and that they wouldn't swap Bradford for Luck. That doesn't surprise me either.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
Sure it can. Watch.

"Fuck Justin King and his third-degree-burned ass."

Confused lad as always. Here's proof. :rofl:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh3w8eXnOMg[/youtube]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fuck Justin King !

I thank the Baby Jesus that he is no longer part of our defense.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:
Fuck Justin King !

I thank the Baby Jesus that he is no longer part of our defense.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HfwnpGDFD8[/youtube]

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
lol @ the tweets that came after. I'd like to see the exact quote before I make any judgment. Regardless, I'll still never really put any thought into anything Justin King says or has an opinion on. Fun to laugh at though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And...... the retraction.

c0f9b3d4236d44c18048d14.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
zn said:

Exactly. Could Luck be better than Sam? Of course. Does JK really have a clue? Possibly... maybe. What happens when he gets smacked around a bit? It is practice with no touching of the red jersey after all. I can drive nails with my rifle when sitting at a bench rest. Get me out in the field freehand and I still hit the kill zone but not with 1" MOAs. There's a big difference between practice and real world scenarios.