Justin Hunter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

before the draft I wanted the rams to get this guy bad, but only because I never thought they would trade up to get Austin and I thought he was a pipe dream.

apparently hunter hasn't participated in a single ota or the mini camp because of hamstring issues. one of his coaches has even questioned his toughness in front of the media.

not a good start to his career.

meanwhile Austin has been working hard and impressing everyone that watches him train. so happy the rams got the guy they wanted.

wv

Rookie
Well ya never know. I seem to recall a guy named Vermeil wondering about Isaac Bruce a while back.

w
v

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wv said:
Well ya never know. I seem to recall a guy named Vermeil wondering about Isaac Bruce a while back.

w
v
Ah, the big hamstring debate of 1998. I remember that well.

"He's faking it because he doesn't want to work hard."
"No, he's injured BECAUSE of the work schedule."
"He has no heart."
"You have no balls."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
wv said:

w
v
Ah, the big hamstring debate of 1998. I remember that well.

"He's faking it because he doesn't want to work hard."
"No, he's injured BECAUSE of the work schedule."
"He has no heart."
"You have no balls."
You forgot "so called superstar"

fearsomefour

Legend
It is pretty funny in hindsight that a good coach (Vermeil was good in my opinion, not great) questioning the sure bet first ballot HOFer and one of the best player at his position.....ever. Vermeil, for all of his lovely dovey stuff, could be grating. He was well on his way to be fired after a disasterous run in St. Louis until he gave control of his pathetic offense to Martz. Questioning the heart of Ike? Plllleeeaaaase.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Unfortunately we will never see hunters true talent. Tennessee mismanagement of receivers is notorious. They couldnt even figure out how to get moss and britt on the field at the same time. Combine that with a inept qb that will struggle to ever make it as even an avg starting qb and hunter will not shine there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen..Please nothing negative ever about Coach Vermeil! As he gave me something I was not sure I would ever experience in my lifetime. Until another Head Coach leads the Horns to the the promise land, refrain from negativity about the greatest Head Coach in Ram history.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vermeil cut back on the intensity of the practices around 1999 and that helped the players physical well being tremendously. I think that was the key. He really didn't know how badly he was pushing them and the negative impact it was having.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsSince1969 said:
Vermeil cut back on the intensity of the practices around 1999 and that helped the players physical well being tremendously. I think that was the key. He really didn't know how badly he was pushing them and the negative impact it was having.
Well, that and the player revolt that facilitated the change.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
den-the-coach said:
Gentlemen..Please nothing negative ever about Coach Vermeil! As he gave me something I was not sure I would ever experience in my lifetime. Until another Head Coach leads the Horns to the the promise land, refrain from negativity about the greatest Head Coach in Ram history.
If it wasn't for martz and a lucky bounce with an injury vermil would be lookef at very differently. Just sayin you got to look at negative and positive of everything just cause dicky boy won a superbowl dont give him a pass;p

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Rabid Ram said:
den-the-coach said:
If it wasn't for martz and a lucky bounce with an injury vermil would be lookef at very differently. Just sayin you got to look at negative and positive of everything just cause dicky boy won a superbowl dont give him a pass;p

That.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
den-the-coach said:

:lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao:

den in ALL your days posting ,and I know you've been around a long time,WHEN has that EVER produced anything except the exact opposite of what you asked ?

Not to belabor a point but it was clear that Ike never forgave DV for doing the motivation through the press routine with him.

My take on DV was less pos. at the time we won that SB than it is now , seeing the futility of the Linehan/Spags era, impressed how important a steady head guy means to a team.
We've got a guy now who IMO is better than any we've had including DV but needs to justify that to the skeptics.

Considering just how good that first GSOT team was with the revolutionary Martz offense and MM as co-ordinator the superior talent the Rams had Fisher did more that season with less IMO I think in time you too will see Fisher as our best ,but he's gotta do it can't JUST claim it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
With tears in my eyes, I love Coach Vermeil, I really do.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I thought then and I think now that DV was an excellent coach. How many coaches have taken two different teams to the SB?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Vermeil got the team to play the game with their heart and emotion. He was a true leader of men.

He was the HC of the winners of SB 34!

I think Martz deserves all the credit he gets; but look at that 1999 roster. There was a lot of good players on that team and they were going to win a lot of games.

Team dynamics are complex. The leader. The OC. I think Vermeil was the only coach at the time that could get that team to the SB and win.

fearsomefour

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
Vermeil got the team to play the game with their heart and emotion. He was a true leader of men.

He was the HC of the winners of SB 34!

I think Martz deserves all the credit he gets; but look at that 1999 roster. There was a lot of good players on that team and they were going to win a lot of games.

Team dynamics are complex. The leader. The OC. I think Vermeil was the only coach at the time that could get that team to the SB and win.

This was his true brilliance. He got guys to completely buy in and care about the team and each other. So many sort of under the radar signings too.
Tom Nutten. Mike Jones. Ray Agnew. Ricky Proel. Great roll guys that blended in and played their butts off.
Believe me, I was not bagging on Vermeil. He is a good coach and like you said a true leader. Martz was the opposite sort of guy. Brilliant mind for the technical part of the game, but, after enough time would probably get the elves to stop caring about Christmas.
Fisher seems to be in the middle somewhere. No disdain for Vermeil from me....except I would have liked him to stick around longer and avoid going to KC. He ownes a little winery on the central coast of California now. Here is a toast to you DV.