Just WHO is at fault?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
A picture is worth a thousand words. This clearly shows Fisher had his thumb up his ass!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I guess it's a bit of everyone's fault - but at the end of the day - and I know I keep saying this - these are PROFESSIONAL sportsmen, who get paid an arm and a leg to be some of the best football players around. Ok, we've lost our QB for the season, but surely we can move on from there, going through the motions A,B and C, I really don't give a flying fish if we keep having 3/4 yard completions, just keep grinding it.

Sunday's loss was a total disaster, where it seemed everything was against us - maybe WE as fans built us up too much - maybe our defence focussed too much on AP - AND, what the f**k is it with all the penalties?? 120+ yards, come on, thats at least 7 points to the opposing team.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
A picture is worth a thousand words. This clearly shows Fisher had his thumb up his ass!
Sorry, I didn't make it clear after all. But look at Fisher's thumbs in the picture and you tell me what's going on.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's Bradford's fault!
Darn wright it was!! Did your notice him, just strollin' up & down the side-lines, not a care in the world, with his head-phones on! Probably listenin' to Madona or some such shit!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I can tell you one thing, and that is that Fisher coached teams are consistently some of the most penalized teams in the league. I know Fisher is a "players coach", but at some point you have to start making people accountable for that crap. I am not talking about sitting 2 rooks after making them run bleachers either. We had more than a 3rd of our total yardage in penalties. Unacceptable.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It was my fault! I didn't stay down in the scary basement with the beer.:(

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm more concerned with how they avoid another season with a garbage offense. Schotty gets defended way too much by Rams' faithful, IMO. He has never fielded a good offense, and while we can look at who he had and say the players were the reason what people forget is a simple question: why would anyone think he can do the job even with talent?

This Rams' team has talent on offense. Quite a bit of it. Why can't they run the ball and execute some basic play action? Hill is a vet QB after all.

Because the Vike's defensive staff outcoached him. They knew what he was going to do, and loaded a gameplan that he could not adjust for. On the other side of the ball, meanwhile, Norv Turner showed how it was done.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I can tell you one thing, and that is that Fisher coached teams are consistently some of the most penalized teams in the league. I know Fisher is a "players coach", but at some point you have to start making people accountable for that crap. I am not talking about sitting 2 rooks after making them run bleachers either. We had more than a 3rd of our total yardage in penalties. Unacceptable.

This is what I'm going on about, it's just not acceptable at all

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Great points and you bring up a point about age. We being the youngest team and I have even heard that as an excuse. Our average age is 24.98 to compare against Seattle that is 25.31. Is there really a big difference there?

Actually it is. Realize that with a 53 man roster you end up with 17.5yrs of FB experience lost. Now obviously a team can't really pick and choose those years but some examples:
GRob, Jenkins, Donald, and Austin each with 3 years under their belts (entering their prime) - and you have still have 5 years to spread around.
Of course you can do bad stuff also - 8 years onto James Laurinaitis (putting him way past his prime).

I guess the general concern is over the course of a 53 man roster it means less experience resulting in more mistakes (either in routes run/overpursuit/penalties/etc.) - the goood news is it also should mean you are built for the future and have less risk of players getting injured or being past their prime. A team in rebuild mode probably wants to be at or near the bottom...I guess the question is should you be there for 3 straight years?

BadCompany

Rookie
Michael Sam. Too much of a distraction during training camp, the team could't prepare properly.

No team with Michael Sam on it has EVER won an NFL game. True story.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did that happen? Because I don't remember seeing it. I saw him *forced* inside once, but that's not the same thing.
Yeah, I re-watched the play and it appears it was desinged to run off tackle, and TAustin turned inside. Somehow, it doesnt make Shotty seem any smarter...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm more concerned with how they avoid another season with a garbage offense. Schotty gets defended way too much by Rams' faithful, IMO. He has never fielded a good offense, and while we can look at who he had and say the players were the reason what people forget is a simple question: why would anyone think he can do the job even with talent?

This Rams' team has talent on offense. Quite a bit of it. Why can't they run the ball and execute some basic play action? Hill is a vet QB after all.

Because the Vike's defensive staff outcoached him. They knew what he was going to do, and loaded a gameplan that he could not adjust for. On the other side of the ball, meanwhile, Norv Turner showed how it was done.

As I said in another thread, Schotty does just enough to keep from getting fired, but not enough to make our offense truly good. If our offense is just mediocre again this year, especially with the apparent emergence of Quick, than Fisher seriously has to consider brining someone else in and letting Schotty look for work elsewhere. I nominate Rob Chudzinski as a candidate.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Because a trap play for a guy that small is idiocy. And despite what people think of Schottenheimer, he's not THAT stupid. There's also the direction Tavon was headed before he was swallowed up, and he wasn't counter-stepping or turning it inside. That's just my opinion, and your point is taken. I really don't know for 100% certain, but logic has to be the tool of choice here.
Unfortunately Schotty is that stupid. I have had to endure him and his dad at KC. The only difference is his dad waited till the playoffs to call plays like a third grader on Madden.

Last edited:

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Scale back the playbook? To what? The victory formation?

Let's remember there were only 2 rookies on the field as starters and both played well and neither got a penalty. This isn't a new playbook.

I disagree. I don't think it was primarily execution. I saw weak design and poor play calls. If I told you I was calling TA up the middle several times, what would your thoughts be?

Did you see the design that sprung Patterson for a TD? TA would score every time on that play! Or how Seattle uses MH?

The good news is the penalties can be fixed and the Rams are STILL loaded with talent. This game isn't the end of the story for the Rams this season IMHO.
Agreed. You want to run plays with TA that gets the defense moving in one direction and have to shift back. He can do it and get back up to speed faster than most in the league. I think they call that misdirection or something. Lol

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without a doubt Fisher. There are a lot of less talented teams out there that won and/or were more competitive this week. This falls strictly on the coaching staff. Not prepared, no in game adjustments which seems to be a trend every year with this staff. They make great adjustments following weeks, but never in game. Teams suffered last minute injuries which I listed in the vent thread and still won ball games. See Carolina and Miami. When you get smoked at home against a 5-10-1 team the year before its poor coaching.

I ca't see it any other way, either.

If this team is as talented as everyone believes it is, then the athletic ability should be there.

If failure ensues, the only logical place I can see at fault is the coaching.

JTurner

I am afraid to post my true thoughts as it seems that a great deal of people who were on this site have gone to others after being banned from here. These are die hard rams fans I am talking about and just frustrated with the season opener. Guess there is nothing wrong with the rams and they are going to have a wonderful fulfilling season and every year going forward in the future. (sarcasm)