Just WHO is at fault?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How about running Tavon between the tackles?
Did that happen? Because I don't remember seeing it. I saw him *forced* inside once, but that's not the same thing.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Because a trap play for a guy that small is idiocy. And despite what people think of Schottenheimer, he's not THAT stupid. There's also the direction Tavon was headed before he was swallowed up, and he wasn't counter-stepping or turning it inside. That's just my opinion, and your point is taken. I really don't know for 100% certain, but logic has to be the tool of choice here.

I think honestly it was a miscue on somebodies part, but Joseph did pull on the play on what looked to be a trap to have Tavon run behind him. It looked like the defender that was supposed to be hit by a pulling Joseph blew the play up.

The miscue looked to me like it was on Tavon, and didn't run behind the block.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
As far as I am concerned, at this point of the JF/LS "rebuild", this falls on all of them. From top to bottom. They aren't prepared personnel wise, physically, mentally, schematically .... you name it. At this point (yr 3) they should be putting a better product on the field. Plain and simple.

ShaneFalco

how can anyone blame fischer? The d played well. The offense was putrid and that is on Shotty.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
After reading my original post, I am to blame. I was not at home watching the game, but driving back from my son's game in Southern Oregon. So throw this loss on me.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No its my fault. I made chili I never make chili on game day.

Alan

Legend
-X- forgetting I had his back:
I'll take the blame. I never got around to burning that sage.

I had a feeling, what with the move and all, that you might forget so I burned some extra for you. It was a pleasure to be there for you brother. :love::LOL::ROFLMAO:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I think there is plenty enough blame to go around. That was embarrasing. This is where we find out who we really are.

RamzFanz

Damnit
how can anyone blame fischer? The d played well. The offense was putrid and that is on Shotty.

He hired him. He supports him. If it were a vote, fans would vote him out today. Don't you think?

He has long ago lost my confidence. That's where I'm at.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
1) The players. Too many bonehead penalties, missed assignments, and so on. Some of the OL was atrocious yesterday. I don't want to take away anything from the Vikings DL, but it's not one that should manhandle an OL, certainly not one that is starting all veterans who have had some level of success in the league. One really bad throw by each of the QB's lead to 14 points for the opposition.

2) The coaches. How the hell could they have not had these guys ready for the game? What were they doing the past few weeks? There are a number of decisions that can be second guessed. And they need to seriously emphasize reducing the penalties. Fair or not, the Rams are not going to get the benefit of the doubt, so we have to do what we can to eliminate penalties. If we still get screwed, then we can blame the refs. But we can't blame them for three false starts in our own building. The coaches have a lot to fix.

3) Lady Luck (that f--king wh-re). Remember in 2008 when Brady blew out his knee? Remember when Cassel came in and won 11 games? And then, as valuable of a backup they traded Cassell away before the 2009 season and went with ... who (for backup)? I don't remember, and I bet most of you don't either, at least not without the aid of Google. Did they get burned by not having a great backup? Nope, Brady's knee held up fine. Whoever his backup was became an irrelevant issue.

Or how about the Denver Broncos since 2012 ... they sign an old QB named Manning who missed the previous season with a career threatening back injury. And who have they had as a backup in that time? Brock Osweiler. And we know that if Manning went down for an extended period, it would probably be catastrophic for Denver. And yet the old guy who had a career threatening back injury hasn't even missed a start. Sure, he's been hit, been sacked, and he's old, but held up fine.

So, it's reasonable to think that we could go into the season with Shaun Hill as a backup, but Sam would probably be fine, right? Nope. Where other teams avoided getting struck by lightning twice, we get it right in the same knee. We lose our QB who looked to be finally surrounded with decent talent. For the year. Same knee. How many other guys have come back from an ACL tear the next year and not had a problem with it? Many. But our QB? NoooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooo. Rams can't have that kind of luck. We have to lose him for the year, again. And then to add insult to injury, we have to lose our backup QB 30 minutes into the season.

For the last 10 years, we've seen entire units wiped out by injuries. One year it's WR's. The next year it's OL. The next year it's DB's.

This one is the most frustrating, because #1 and #2 are somewhat within the team's control. But on this one, Lady Luck has bent us over, put on a strap-on, and pegged us in the ass without even having the decency or courtesy to use Vaseline or give us a reach around. And while a team can overcome some bad luck, everything has its limits. You can't overcome luck this bad.

Ok, rant off.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He hired him. He supports him. If it were a vote, fans would vote him out today. Don't you think?

He has long ago lost my confidence. That's where I'm at.

The frustrating thing about Schotty is that he'll do just enough to not get fired, but never enough to excel. He'll call a few really good games as he did last year, but he won't do it consistently enough.

Yamarama99

1) The players. Too many bonehead penalties, missed assignments, and so on. Some of the OL was atrocious yesterday. I don't want to take away anything from the Vikings DL, but it's not one that should manhandle an OL, certainly not one that is starting all veterans who have had some level of success in the league. One really bad throw by each of the QB's lead to 14 points for the opposition.

2) The coaches. How the hell could they have not had these guys ready for the game? What were they doing the past few weeks? There are a number of decisions that can be second guessed. And they need to seriously emphasize reducing the penalties. Fair or not, the Rams are not going to get the benefit of the doubt, so we have to do what we can to eliminate penalties. If we still get screwed, then we can blame the refs. But we can't blame them for three false starts in our own building. The coaches have a lot to fix.

3) Lady Luck (that f--king wh-re). Remember in 2008 when Brady blew out his knee? Remember when Cassel came in and won 11 games? And then, as valuable of a backup they traded Cassell away before the 2009 season and went with ... who (for backup)? I don't remember, and I bet most of you don't either, at least not without the aid of Google. Did they get burned by not having a great backup? Nope, Brady's knee held up fine. Whoever his backup was became an irrelevant issue.

Or how about the Denver Broncos since 2012 ... they sign an old QB named Manning who missed the previous season with a career threatening back injury. And who have they had as a backup in that time? Brock Osweiler. And we know that if Manning went down for an extended period, it would probably be catastrophic for Denver. And yet the old guy who had a career threatening back injury hasn't even missed a start. Sure, he's been hit, been sacked, and he's old, but held up fine.

So, it's reasonable to think that we could go into the season with Shaun Hill as a backup, but Sam would probably be fine, right? Nope. Where other teams avoided getting struck by lightning twice, we get it right in the same knee. We lose our QB who looked to be finally surrounded with decent talent. For the year. Same knee. How many other guys have come back from an ACL tear the next year and not had a problem with it? Many. But our QB? NoooooooOOOOOOOOOooooooooo. Rams can't have that kind of luck. We have to lose him for the year, again. And then to add insult to injury, we have to lose our backup QB 30 minutes into the season.

For the last 10 years, we've seen entire units wiped out by injuries. One year it's WR's. The next year it's OL. The next year it's DB's.

This one is the most frustrating, because #1 and #2 are somewhat within the team's control. But on this one, Lady Luck has bent us over, put on a strap-on, and pegged us in the ass without even having the decency or courtesy to use Vaseline or give us a reach around. And while a team can overcome some bad luck, everything has its limits. You can't overcome luck this bad.

Ok, rant off.
Awesome post...Lady Luck is a Bia$&@.....we are cursed. We've been in a funk for the past 24 years minus the 3 or 4 year GSOT run. It's actually expected now. We are the Cleveland Browns of the NFC. Sad

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
50240678.jpg

4379.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
1086.jpg

Jeff+Fisher+St+Louis+Rams+Introduce+Jeff+Fisher+9YUhbs0Q2sBl.jpg

Indeed. And you're on the hot seat now.

rams2050

Starter
It's my fault. I was all decked out in my SB XXXIV Champions T-shirt and sitting fat and happy in front of the wide-screen waiting for a victory to start off the season right.

I was tempting the football gods, and they DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!!!

ViperLjs

Rookie
Fisher isn't the defensive coordinator, he's the head coach. He is accountable for every aspect of this team and its play, and that holds doubly true because he has so much control over the roster. In year three, this team is a reflection of his personal vision for it, and if it sucks, it's as a direct result of his choices. The offense has been poor in each year of his tenure, and what really worries me is that despite being a "power run team," we haven't been able to run the ball well at all this year, including preseason.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Fisher isn't the defensive coordinator, he's the head coach. He is accountable for every aspect of this team and its play, and that holds doubly true because he has so much control over the roster. In year three, this team is a reflection of his personal vision for it, and if it sucks, it's as a direct result of his choices. The offense has been poor in each year of his tenure, and what really worries me is that despite being a "power run team," we haven't been able to run the ball well at all this year, including preseason.

Who had the higher YPC, Peterson, Stacey, or Cunningham?

ViperLjs

Rookie
Who had the higher YPC, Peterson, Stacey, or Cunningham?
While the game was close and the Vikings were really attempting to stop our run game, we did close to nothing. I believe the YPC in the first half was close to 2, IIRC. Only after the Vikings fell into softer coverage were we able to get some decent gains on the ground.