Just WHO is at fault?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Probably easier to list who was *not* at fault. However, it is a team game and a team loss. Remember, too, the Vikings are at fault. This is the NFL, all teams have the talent that if you're not at the top of your game, you will pay dearly. Things can go very bad very quickly, and did. I imagine this is how the college morning after "walk of shame" feels today, but hopefully the Rams will get it behind them and get back to work.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Whoever designed the human body to be so fragile we'd have to play half that game with a QB who would have been cut for a second time by us.

Pray for Hills return or fixing everything else just won't matter,how bad do you think NE would have lost yesterday with Garapolo ?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
To me it comes down to the players not performing. There are talented guys on this team and they just did not get it done, in about every aspect of the game.

I loved the first play of the game going play action and throwing it to Quick. There were undoubtedly some questionable calls but the coaches can't make the players play better.

Accountability needs to be taken and if that means getting in their pocket book for dumb mistakes then get after it. False starts at home are unacceptable. Unsportsmanlike after you have a team deep in their territory on a kick off?? Bates should not dress next week, maybe that will get his head out of his butt.

The interception at the end of the half?? Really have to get that ball in the stands if necessary.

The #2 overall pick has got to start and be a factor, we have a supposedly great Oline coach. I cannot understand how he did not have Grob ready to play. F all that moving him around, he should have worked exclusively at LG this year. If he can't handle that he should not have been the pick.

Fisher has to find out how to motivate these guys in a way that gets better performance with or without Bradford.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Fisher.

When your team shows up not even ready to compete, it's on the coaching staff.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So many post prodding for negative responses bashing this or that. We need to all be realistic, yet positive.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Fisher.

When your team shows up not even ready to compete, it's on the coaching staff.

Without a doubt Fisher. There are a lot of less talented teams out there that won and/or were more competitive this week. This falls strictly on the coaching staff. Not prepared, no in game adjustments which seems to be a trend every year with this staff. They make great adjustments following weeks, but never in game. Teams suffered last minute injuries which I listed in the vent thread and still won ball games. See Carolina and Miami. When you get smoked at home against a 5-10-1 team the year before its poor coaching.

209RamsFan

1) FO for not preparing properly in Case of Bradford going down (cheesy backups)
2) Fisher and CS for not preparing these guys properly for a Game
3) The players for NOT executing (i.e. each player BEATING the guy across from him or his man)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Without a doubt Fisher. There are a lot of less talented teams out there that won and/or were more competitive this week. This falls strictly on the coaching staff. Not prepared, no in game adjustments which seems to be a trend every year with this staff. They make great adjustments following weeks, but never in game. Teams suffered last minute injuries which I listed in the vent thread and still won ball games. See Carolina and Miami. When you get smoked at home against a 5-10-1 team the year before its poor coaching.

I hate that I agree with this.

This week's game was the first time I ever had any feeling of doubt that Fisher is going to lead this team to great things.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't see the player blame. While there were a few player disappointments, I saw a lot of good player performances.

Quinn made many a hit. He was robbed of a strip sack in my view.

Gaines and Donald played very good for rookies. Jenkins, McDonald, McLeod made a lot of plays. Quick was awesome!

The exception would be the drive killing penalties. That was completely unacceptable. That has to change.

My blame lies 90% with the coaching and more than half of that at Schotty's feet. I'm not down on the Rams at all because the talent is there but I would have an OC replacement ready to go for the buy week. I can deal with adjustments to Greg Williams' scheme in week 1. I can't deal with what Schotty called all game. TA up the middle several times? Everyone in my section threw their hands in the air like, what was that?!?!?

I don't get the support for Schotty. I never will. He's been consistently bad. NFL analyst laugh at him. If we want the Rams to have a winning future, he needs to go.

goldenram

UDFA
Coaching Staff #1
Didn't have the TEAM ready to take on a mediocre Vikings Team. A decent OC would playcall to a QBs strengths and try to get him comfortable and in rhythm. We don't even make adjustments for a NO SHOW OLine. With our OLine much adjustment needed.......
waterboy.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate that I agree with this.

This week's game was the first time I ever had any feeling of doubt that Fisher is going to lead this team to great things.
I've tried to put my thoughts in to words, and couldnt get it out right. Thank you for saying EXACTLY what I wanted to say

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll take the blame. I never got around to burning that sage.

If you want a serious answer, I blame the players. The coaches coach. And we have really good coaches. I don't know how many times I have to hear Fisher, Williams and Schotty say, (almost verbatim) "We don't call plays that fail, and when we run these plays in practice they work." Execution failures across the board were the culprit, and the players have to be held accountable for that. That doesn't mean I absolve the coaches, but I don't put as much blame on them as the players. Situational play-calling was pretty good, but it only takes one or two execution failures to blow it all up. This is a young team and they're prone to making mistakes, and there are some weaknesses on the team that are getting exposed. I'll blame the coaches *more* if we show up like a bunch of keystone cops again this weekend.

JMO.

And P.S. I'm going to need someone (anyone) to show me Tavon was used on a trap play. I saw one play where he was blown up in the backfield after Floyd got instant penetration, but that was not a designed trap play. That was a designed stretch play.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Like I said. I don't see it. The O line had issues. Hill screwed up trying to throw a ball away.

Who else?

Stupid penalties by a number of players. Too many missed tackles. GZ missing a very make-able field goal. And more...

The coaches deserve their share of the blame. But the player's didn't execute on the field and that's what it ultimately comes down to.