Just wanted to share an old pic...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
2006 game @ SD. My first Rams regular season game (I was 13). Rams lost by 14. I was suuper pissed because Merriman was allowed to play this game a week after getting caught for PEDs, he had 3 sacks. Turning point of the game was Stephen Davis' fumble in the 3rd as the Rams were driving for the lead, taken back for a TD by Marlon McCree. It was the game where LT stiff armed OJ's helmet off.

Anyways, enough gibber jabber, wanted to put the pic up in memory of SJ leaving STL. We had some great guys in the huddle back then...

Attachments

• phpbC9lVGPM.jpg
    phpbC9lVGPM.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 207

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very nice, man. Much appreciated.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Nice pic.

2006 seems so long ago. I remember going to the game vs the Skins in which SJ scored a TD in OT to keep the Rams' playoff hopes alive.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lesson said:
Nice pic.

2006 seems so long ago. I remember going to the game vs the Skins in which SJ scored a TD in OT to keep the Rams' playoff hopes alive.

That was an awesome comeback sparked by OJ's haymaker punch of a fumble on a long Betts run. SJ had that great 70+ yard WRing TD. Wish my first Rams game had been earlier than 2006... I missed out on some great times

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's some football players right there.

Is that Pace in the upper left? 2006... it should be (although he missed 8 games).

Yeah, we had some players didn't we?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
CGI_Ram said:
That's some football players right there.

Is that Pace in the upper left? 2006... it should be (although he missed 8 games).

Yeah, we had some players didn't we?

Yes. The huddle goes Holt, SJ, Bulger, Pace, Steussie, Cogs, Timmerman, Barron, Klop, Ike. Hedgecock was running onto the field I think...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
Klopfenstein. :bummed:

:lmao:

I can't help but wonder if Barron could have achieved more under a better coaching scenario. Granted, Boudreau was in STL in 2006 and 2007... but the decision to terminate him was just dumb. Had he stayed with Barron, maybe...?

Lesson

Oh, really?
I remember feeling optimistic about the Rams after 2006 going into 2007.

Then 2007 happened.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Lesson said:
I remember feeling optimistic about the Rams after 2006 going into 2007.

Then 2007 happened.

Then 2008 happened... Then 2009 hap...

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:
Oddly enough 2008 brings me one of my most fond Rams memories.

And...?

Oh nothing really. I was deployed overseas, and just got back from a pretty long mission and had about 4 hours to rest, eat, refill my magazines and shower before leaving for the next long mission. I opted to shower and eat, and then go to get more ammo from the TOC where they had a TV with the armed forces network on. Right as I was leaving I heard the TV say "And now we bring you the St Louis Rams vs the Washington Redskins." so instead of sleeping I watched the game and got to see the Rams win. Only time I was ever back at the FOB where they had TV for a Sunday, and it happened to be a Rams game. I thought it was pretty cool. Even though it was a pretty small game in everything it'll always hold a little bit of significance to me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

And...?

Oh nothing really. I was deployed overseas, and just got back from a pretty long mission and had about 4 hours to rest, eat, refill my magazines and shower before leaving for the next long mission. I opted to shower and eat, and then go to get more ammo from the TOC where they had a TV with the armed forces network on. Right as I was leaving I heard the TV say "And now we bring you the St Louis Rams vs the Washington Redskins." so instead of sleeping I watched the game and got to see the Rams win. Only time I was ever back at the FOB where they had TV for a Sunday, and it happened to be a Rams game. I thought it was pretty cool. Even though it was a pretty small game in everything it'll always hold a little bit of significance to me.
That's a cool story. :nice:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

And...?

Yeah, ditto.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

And...?

I'll second what X said ^. I have some memories of Rams games I watched snippets of or heard on the radio in the mid 2000s. My mom used to punish me by banning me from seeing Rams games :cry: , so I have vivid memories of the ones I happened to see in a store, restaurant, listen to on the radio.