Just to be positive---why not, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
FIsher/Snead have gotten us Tru Jo, Jenks (good draft gamble), Troy HIll, EJ Gaines, McCloud, TJ Mac and Barron without using high end draft choices.

Our secondary is pretty good considering we haven't invested any #1's in them. Somehow we do OK on Defense with a LB playing FS (Mo), and his backup is a lifetime journeyman (will be--Cody). Fisher/GW Williams have done some pretty cool things with the D.

Also, when you watch all the games you see a lot of teams with awful-bad #2 corners (who can't compare to EJ).....and I think Troy Hill is better down the field than many starting corners in the league, too. It is hard to have a complete roster top to bottom when you have $20 mill QBs and $12 mill WRs/DEs. But, the Rams have a mostly complete roster (ok, we thought the O line was good in preseason, so we have to redraft 2-3 players, now)

Additionally, after we beat AZ, which we easily could have lost that without Tavon's return, we saw what kind of team we really are.....and now after 1 loss we have all this negativity.....what reality are we living in that we miss that we have the worst O line, worst QB and mediocre at best WRs...really, come on....we are going to win with that.

The Buffalo game showed me on many, many downs the Pass Pro was not NFL calibler, YET Case got 8 yards an attempt, that is amazing....ya he missed 2 long passes, and so does every QB. Ya, Case is #31 of 32 QBs, or #34 ;).....Every key 3rd down he has so much pressure he look can't downfield.

Without a QB who can throw, this is our reality....and yet we are 3-2 with our O line.....that blows me away....I think the Rams have a good future. AND, if we beat the Lions and Giants we can be 5-2...I wonder how many "we suck" articles we will have then. IF we beat those 2 mediocre teams we will still be the same Rams......with a 5-2 record.

I think there is a 80% probability we go 4-3 and 60% prob that we go 5-2. I think Fish and the staff will find a way to get this team to 5-2. However, even at 5-2, I still think 9-7 is the tops we will go with Case at QB.

Fisher is the SAME GUY he was with the Titans, if you don't know that you are a fool. The only difference was Steve McNair. Watch some 1999-2003 TItan games and you will see the EXACT same type of offense and gambling defense. Fisher has no desire for an offense, never has....just 5-8 yard patterns with a mad dash scramble throw for 30+....he earned his way doing that, nothing will ever change that as long as he chooses the O coordinator.

When we accept these "seen" realities we don't have to write "Fish sucks" we can say 'we know he sucks and laugh and feel sorry for Gurley' and the world will be a better place.

Ok, I feel better now ;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I still think 9-7 is the tops we will go with Case at QB.
You had me feeling pretty good until you said this^!! IF we hit 5-2, which I think is a given, "No way do we go 4-5 after that!! worst case scenario we'll go 6-3!! JMO "Which makes the Rams 11-5!! And that's in the Playoffs!!(y);):D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When we accept these "seen" realities we don't have to write "Fish sucks" we can say 'we know he sucks and laugh and feel sorry for Gurley' and the world will be a better place.
Gotta say. I almost deleted this part. It's a fine line. We don't allow statements like Fisher sucks and such. The way you put it makes it a little more ambiguous though so I left it. I honestly do try not to be an over reactive cop here but we don't allow disparaging terms to be used toward current members of the Rams organization for a reason.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You had me feeling pretty good until you said this^!! IF we hit 5-2, which I think is a given, "No way do we go 4-5 after that!! worst case scenario we'll go 6-3!! JMO "Which makes the Rams 11-5!! And that's in the Playoffs!!(y);):D
Well, I said 9-7 with Case at QB......maybe we could be better (for a a few games ) with someone else.

My real hope is to have Goff come in for red zone plays....crazy? NO, Landry rotated between Craig Morton and Staubach one year (1972???)......and Landry is an all time top 10 coach....so, designing redzone plays for Golden-Armed boy is realistic. Meaning, Goff can't handle a whole game of plays...

Still crazy after all these years

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Gotta say. I almost deleted this part. It's a fine line. We don't allow statements like Fisher sucks and such. The way you put it makes it a little more ambiguous though so I left it. I honestly do try not to be an over reactive cop here but we don't allow disparaging terms to be used toward current members of the Rams organization for a reason.
Ahhh, sorry about that....I didn't realize this....thanks for letting me know.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ahhh, sorry about that....I didn't realize this....thanks for letting me know.
It's cool. I figured you weren't trying to be an ass or anything. Hope I didn't come off as one either.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My real hope is to have Goff come in for red zone plays....crazy? NO, Landry rotated between Craig Morton and Staubach one year (1972???)......and Landry is an all time top 10 coach....so, designing redzone plays for Golden-Armed boy is realistic. Meaning, Goff can't handle a whole game of plays...
You are right! you are 'Crazy' !:D When Landry did his thing w/ Morton and Staubach , Morton was a well established, journeyman QB, and very good! And Staubach was Pretty Good too! So there's no comparing what our two QB's are capable of and those two QB's!

*** As a side-note: I HATE speaking well of the Freaking Cow-Pies at any time!!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Crazy is right ma man.
The principle wasn't based on teh QB's, but on a coach
who took the risk. Goff and our redzone offense is worth
the risk for him to run specialzed "Goff redz" plays....imho and mostly worthless opinon ;)