Just Saw Todd On NFL Network

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
He is cool as a cucumber. They showed a lot of his runs from last year. But there was an underlying note of disrespect for the Ram offensive line.

A lot of talk that Gurley did it on his own, despite the bad line. Especially from that spitter Heath Evans.

Then they talked about the Rams vs. Philly. Which team is a better situation for these new quarterbacks, and the spitter jumped up, "Philly, no doubt. Jason Peters, etc. will protect him. The Rams have a bad line...."

I hope we shut his vapor hole this year.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A lot of talk that Gurley did it on his own, despite the bad line. Especially from that spitter Heath Evans.
Evans is triflin. Dude needs to find suits that actually...ya know...FIT him. Looks like 10lbs of shit in a five lb bag....

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Not the most personable guy ever

But a nice guy all the same

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
He is cool as a cucumber. They showed a lot of his runs from last year. But there was an underlying note of disrespect for the Ram offensive line.

Then they talked about the Rams vs. Philly. Which team is a better situation for these new quarterbacks, and the spitter jumped up, "Philly, no doubt. Jason Peters, etc. will protect him. The Rams have a bad line...."

The O-line had good moments last year but they were also atrocious at times. Most of it was due to GRob, rookie mistakes, and injuries though. But they were downright horrible against the Vikings and Ravens.

And as far as Gurley goes, he's a cool cat for sure. I'm actually surprised at how open he's been to the media because he used to be a lot more reserved. But every time I've talked to him he's been cool.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But every time I've talked to him he's been cool

Wh...wha...Nate Dawg! Newsflash. :eek:Hanging with the Gurley maaaaann! How awesome is that?!!:cool:

On your point about the line. I get it. I see potential. But there is a LOT of room for improvement with that bunch.

:unsure: (I just can't stand that Heath Evans and his smug attitude. ) :blah:

:rolleyes: :shooting::shocked:

I feel better now. :yess:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The fault line is the Ram's O line. Are the on they on edge of goodness (Hav, committed GRob & healthy Staffold) or just a Borderline bunch of mid to late rounders/back-ups.

How do you think they match up against the front 7s in our division ? NFC?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I thought I was watching Fox News there for a minute, jesus. They barely let him talk haha.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My response to the human water fountain Heath Evans

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
YPC for our running backs last year:

Gurley - 4.8
Cunningham - 3.8
Mason - 2.8

IMO Gurley made that young line look better than they were in run blocking, because when they got it right he 'sploded. They actually performed better in pass blocking overall as a unit IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The fault line is the Ram's O line. Are the on they on edge of goodness (Hav, committed GRob & healthy Staffold) or just a Borderline bunch of mid to late rounders/back-ups.

How do you think they match up against the front 7s in our division ? NFC?

Rams OL gave up 18 sacks on 473 attempts. As a parallel in terms of similar teams, the Panthers gave up 33 on 501 attempts, 9ers 53 on 526 attempts, Shehawks 46 on 489 attempts.

In the run game Gurley made them look better than they were. But, again, they shuffled the F out of that OL with rookies all over the joint. I don't think a "Borderline bunch of mid to late rounders/back-ups" would have performed overall like that.

I think among those picks we have some real gems. Havenstein is a beast, when he was in the lineup it was a different OL and he gave up zero sacks. Future Pro Bowl RT there. The rest were up and down but I think Brown's a keeper with big upside and I really like Wichmann, think he's going to be a solid long term starter in this league.

Biggest and only meaningful question with this line IMO is whether GRob finally gets it together.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I saw the show too, they keep trying to trap Todd into saying things he shouldn't say and asking his opinion on witch QB he like to see the Rams Draft! He handled things very well!
Heath Evans did say he thought Wentz was the perfect fit for the Rams!!
That almost Touted me off Wentz!!

Last edited:

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Wh...wha...Nate Dawg! Newsflash. :eek:Hanging with the Gurley maaaaann! How awesome is that?!!:cool:

Haha, it was pretty cool. I'm a UGA student so I know a good bit of the football players. Keith Marshall and I sat together in Economics and Gurley and I had a class right next to each other. I've got a few of stories from Todd's days in Athens that I can't share on a public forum but he is definitely a chill dude.

Another note for anyone who hasn't seen him in person before, Todd is a big dude. He's one of those guys you just have to see in person to understand how big he is. I don't blame any of those DBs and linebackers for going at his legs.

TexasRam

Legend
Rams OL gave up 18 sacks on 473 attempts. As a parallel in terms of similar teams, the Panthers gave up 33 on 501 attempts, 9ers 53 on 526 attempts, Shehawks 46 on 489 attempts.

In the run game Gurley made them look better than they were. But, again, they shuffled the F out of that OL with rookies all over the joint. I don't think a "Borderline bunch of mid to late rounders/back-ups" would have performed overall like that.

I think among those picks we have some real gems. Havenstein is a beast, when he was in the lineup it was a different OL and he gave up zero sacks. Future Pro Bowl RT there. The rest were up and down but I think Brown's a keeper with big upside and I really like Wichmann, think he's going to be a solid long term starter in this league.

Biggest and only meaningful question with this line IMO is whether GRob finally gets it together.

The Problem is you are only as good as your weakest link. Grob rated almost dead last among all tackles in the NFL by PFF and others. Barnes was not so good. Brown while showing some potential really struggled most games in year 1. Wichmann and Havenstein were really good and Reynolds was average.

I simply would not count on Saffold. So without him we have two solid Lineman (Havenstein and Wichmann) one average lineman (Reynolds) one below average lineman (Barnes) and one huge issue at LT, the QB's blindside mind you.

The Low sack total says more about our Head Coach's philosophy than our Oline. There was a whole lot of quick designed plays and Keenum short passes, and very little risk in our offense.

If Grob magically learns to pass pro in the offseason then we may have an Oline.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, it was pretty cool. I'm a UGA student so I know a good bit of the football players. Keith Marshall and I sat together in Economics and Gurley and I had a class right next to each other. I've got a few of stories from Todd's days in Athens that I can't share on a public forum but he is definitely a chill dude.

Another note for anyone who hasn't seen him in person before, Todd is a big dude. He's one of those guys you just have to see in person to understand how big he is. I don't blame any of those DBs and linebackers for going at his legs.

That is cool. I went to school with Barry Bonds. His brother and I played football and baseball together, and were pretty good friends for a while. You know some of these guys are good, but it is still shocking when they make it THIS big.