Just saw this – Trey Watts KOR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it were as simple as the being able to keep 5 RBs, then I would agree with you. But with all the injuries, to guys who won't be placed on IR, but need time to heel (Johnson, Jones, and possibly Hayes) they are going to be forced to keep numbers at DB, and OL, and possibly DL, which will prevent them from ever considering keeping a 5th RB.

And Watts is NOT going to jump ahead of Reynolds, much less the other 3.

Idk, I think that Watts has a real good chance of beating out Reynolds I love what he do on special teams, but if Watts can contribute there and at running back I think they choose him instead. Either way we will find out soon enough. I know I will be keeping my eyes in Watts tomorrow

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not sure why you consistently expend so much energy condescending upon what others think when they're simply asking you questions.
Maybe stick to what you do best(reporting).
I'm sorry if you don't like me asking questions like that? If someone asks me a question, are you saying I don't have the same right to voice my opinion about what I perceive to be the underlying point of the question? When I make a comment or ask that sort of question, it is meant to be a general statement, not necessarily directed to the poster.

And why do I need to answer to you? You seem to be every bit as condescending to me whenever you get the chance.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nothing that would suggest he is special. He has shown he can compete at this level. But he was nicked up a lot as well. He's not very big. And doesn't have anything that stands out to make me think he will be anything other than a nice complimentary back.

Can he find a place in this league? I don't see why not. But as I said. He ain't gonna supplant any of the 3 guys ahead of him.

Am I the only one who has noticed what I can only describe as a trend in here? Why does it seem like many are trying to find all the reasons why these UDFA seem to be so special. While almost bemoaning the issues with the draft picks? Robinson isn't starting as the #2 pick. Mason was a wasted pick because we didn't need a RB. Joyner was a reach in the 2nd. Alexander is raw and a risk where he was taken. Sam. Well we all know the reasons why they wasted that pick.

But yet. Guys like Roberson. Reid. Watts. Westbrooks all seem to be "special". Please help me understand.

People love underdogs. It just makes for a nice, feel good story.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Do you think Givens can be an effective KR? With his seeming unwillingness to fight for contested balls as a WR, I just don't see him be effective as a KR. While he certainly has the speed you want, I suspect he'd spend too much time looking for a gaping hole rather than just letting his speed carry him through a smaller one. I'm more & more thinking he just doesn't like to get hit.
With the changes in the rules with the kickoffs now, I just don't think that role is nearly as important as it once was. More than 60% of the kickoffs end up in touchbacks, thus making the opportunity for big plays few and far between. These days, just getting back to the 20 is considered a successful return when they do choose to bring it out.

So, with that being said, Givens, IMO, will be the guy who gets first choice, because he has shown he can at least get to the edge if he has to. IMO, the guy I would like to see given more of a look is Mason. But so far, he is down the list.