Just my view...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
We didn't have a major failure yesterday.

Yesterday just compounded the problem.

The problem was created over the past 2 years. They didn't draft any quality OL, and they signed aging or breaking down players like Jake Long and Scott Wells. Snead pronounced that they can find unknown guys and coach them up. Well, that has produced exactly one halfway decent player, Barksdale.

What is happening right now is the result of their approach to the OL from the very beginning, not just yesterday.

This is Fishers 3rd year and he has not improved the OL anymore than Devaney did. And he expects to protect Bradford this way? Good luck.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I believe you are correct in what has happened in the past but this team was so jacked up they could not fix everything at once. I also believe that (picking people and coaching them up) will change and they will get some top teir players to be coached up instead of JAGs

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I guess if you had to choose between the evils of building from the ground floor of the worst NFL franchise period for any team I think I'd go the route they did to get playmakers first. When you graduate highschool you can't buy a house, car, and get a hot barbie girl all at once... you need time to work on obtaining quality, not to mention the mistress ;)

Alan

Legend
When? 5th round then 4th round then 3rd round?

Good thing I'm not being negative. upload_2014-3-12_16-7-42.jpeg

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We'll know how much importance Snead/Fisher puts on the OLine after the draft. Picking at #2 and #13 presents the opportunity to shore it up with blue chip prospects.
If they go in a different direction and Bradford gets crushed behind another OLine put together with tape and glue then the offseason was a failure.

I have faith they'll do the right thing.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
We'll know how much importance Snead/Fisher puts on the OLine after the draft. Picking at #2 and #13 presents the opportunity to shore it up with blue chip prospects.
If they go in a different direction and Bradford gets crushed behind another OLine put together with tape and glue then the offseason was a failure.

I have faith they'll do the right thing.

Tape and glue offensive lines are one of the cornerstones of the Rams current team building philosophy.
Round 4 and later prospects seem to be what Fisher and Snead believe in. I don't look for this to change anytime soon.

2 and 13 will probably be used on Clowney (if available) and Louis Nix respectively.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Why are we so certain that we didn't draft any quality lineman over the past 2 years? Has Barrett Jones already been written off?

I'll be he plays a major part on this team. Either as a starter or top backup.