Just In: Tebow cut from patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
MerlinJones said:
Well, we get a CFL team back in Ottawa starting next season, and not going to lie, if we picked him up, it'd be interesting.

What exactly is a "RedBlack" anyway?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm curious if the name has some local association or is it based on color scheme only?[/quote]

It's not anything. It's a made up word lol. The Ottawa franchise was originally called the Rough Riders and they had the big R logo on the helmet. Everyone loved the name. But they couldn't go back to it. So they wanted a name that started with R so they could have it on the helmet. Also, the football team and the Ottawa Senators have always had red and black as the primary colours. I was skeptical at first, but the name has grown on me. They have a buzz saw as the logo which suits Ottawa well. Can't wait to be able to cheer on my Rams and RedBlacks at the same time next year lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OttawaRamsFan said:
MerlinJones said:
Well, we get a CFL team back in Ottawa starting next season, and not going to lie, if we picked him up, it'd be interesting.

What exactly is a "RedBlack" anyway?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm curious if the name has some local association or is it based on color scheme only?

It's not anything. It's a made up word lol. The Ottawa franchise was originally called the Rough Riders and they had the big R logo on the helmet. Everyone loved the name. But they couldn't go back to it. So they wanted a name that started with R so they could have it on the helmet. Also, the football team and the Ottawa Senators have always had red and black as the primary colours. I was skeptical at first, but the name has grown on me. They have a buzz saw as the logo which suits Ottawa well. Can't wait to be able to cheer on my Rams and RedBlacks at the same time next year lol[/quote]

I'm curious.......you said they couldn't go back to the name Rough Riders.......what happened?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Philly should sign him as a ST player and third string backup, if you are going to back up a starter at that position , his skill set should be as close to the starters as possible, Vick and Tebow , both lefties ,both improvisers the drop off in talent from starter to BU is always a factor.

Just my opinion man

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Philly should sign him as a ST player and third string backup, if you are going to back up a starter at that position , his skill set should be as close to the starters as possible, Vick and Tebow , both lefties ,both improvisers the drop off in talent from starter to BU is always a factor.

Just my opinion man
Yup. Tebow is only going to succeed in a system that most utilizes his skillset.
Chip's system is about as close as you can get, so....

lockdnram21

Legend
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Just my opinion man
Yup. Tebow is only going to succeed in a system that most utilizes his skillset.

But you forget 1 thing TEBOW CANT THROW

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lockdnram21 said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Just my opinion man

He wouldn't have to .... much. He can make the little throws from time to time, but he has to be in a system that closely resembles Urban Meyers' in order for him to succeed. It's like the three "phenoms" Kaepernick, Griffin and Wilson. All three teams were last in the league in pass attempts (30, 31, 32), while Seattle was first in rush attempts, Washington third in rush attempts, and San Fran 7th in rush attempts. That's where Tebow needs to be.

I guess I had always hoped that Kahn would take advantage of the HUGE market of Tebow fans in his region and pick him up. Then install a system where he can run around like a freak and make those clutch throws when he absolutely had to. It was the perfect set-up, but I guess nobody really has faith in Tebow's ability to lead a team into the playoffs by himself (even though he did get there with the help of Denver's defense).

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
lockdnram21 said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:

Just my opinion man

He wouldn't have to .... much. He can make the little throws from time to time, but he has to be in a system that closely resembles Urban Meyers' in order for him to succeed. It's like the three "phenoms" Kaepernick, Griffin and Wilson. All three teams were last in the league in pass attempts (30, 31, 32), while Seattle was first in rush attempts, Washington third in rush attempts, and San Fran 7th in rush attempts. That's where Tebow needs to be.

I guess I had always hoped that Kahn would take advantage of the HUGE market of Tebow fans in his region and pick him up. Then install a system where he can run around like a freak and make those clutch throws when he absolutely had to. It was the perfect set-up, but I guess nobody really has faith in Tebow's ability to lead a team into the playoffs by himself (even though he did get there with the help of Denver's defense).
And OBTW beat the Steelers in the playoffs on a ...........TD pass.

Tebow aint fer evabody, but he's got a game that defensive coaches love,Willis McGehee did not