Just In: Tebow cut from patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
The New England Patriots have released polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Tebow, who signed with the Patriots in June, struggled to find consistency throughout the preseason. He never seriously threatened Ryan Mallett for the backup job behind Tom Brady.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WellBye.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So many people hate Teboe for all the wrong reasons. I understand, the dude will never be a good NFL QB, but the guy is genuinely a really good dude and a great competitor. People hate him because the media talks about him so much and it gets annoying. I really think he has a place in the NFL, just not a QB, and I for one, wish him well

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I liked Tebow for a long time, but yes, I've grown tired of the media coverage and am also flabbergasted at his inability to develop a throwing motion. If the guy is so committed, such a warrior and competitor, then do what's necessary to fix that ridiculously awkward throwing style that produces horrible throw that are rarely on target.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is a terrific motivator, I could see him being a coach down the road. Of course I don't know his football IQ but if he has that down I think he could be great, after all, this who can-do, those who can't-teach

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Stranger said:
I liked Tebow for a long time, but yes, I've grown tired of the media coverage and am also flabbergasted at his inability to develop a throwing motion. If the guy is so committed, such a warrior and competitor, then do what's necessary to fix that ridiculously awkward throwing style that produces horrible throw that are rarely on target.

Some people just don't have the ability - talent - to do that.
Pure and simple.

IMHO that is what is the case here.

Tim Tebow is a great young man, but he just is not an NFL caliber QB - period. Does not have the talent.

I also think there may be a place for him in the NFL, just not at QB.
Maybe at TE?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tebow I have no issues with ....nothing but a very good person however the MEDIA I would like to :beating: :doink: :censored: :bat: :itson: :ninja:

bluecoconuts

Legend
El Juggernauto said:
He is a terrific motivator, I could see him being a coach down the road. Of course I don't know his football IQ but if he has that down I think he could be great, after all, this who can-do, those who can't-teach

In college maybe, I don't see him being able to coach in the NFL.

moklerman said:
There's always Canada. Seems like a good fit for what he can do well.

He'd be worse in the CFL than he is in the NFL. A lot of guys that come from the NFL to the CFL struggle. In a lot of ways, the CFL is tougher than the NFL. 3 downs, bigger field, bigger ball. More emphasis on creativity and passing. Tebow would fail miserably lol.

moklerman

Warner-phile
OttawaRamsFan said:
moklerman said:

He'd be worse in the CFL than he is in the NFL. A lot of guys that come from the NFL to the CFL struggle. In a lot of ways, the CFL is tougher than the NFL. 3 downs, bigger field, bigger ball. More emphasis on creativity and passing. Tebow would fail miserably lol.
I disagree. The CFL is more about quick passing and moving the QB around which is about all Tebow is good for. He can take off and run if it isn't there. Not saying he's be a guaranteed success but it's about his only shot at getting some playing time and possibly developing.

The reason guys struggle when they migrate up there is because there essentially isn't a running game. No play-action to hold the defense. Granted, Tebow's accuracy would be an issue but getting him in the shotgun, making pre-snap reads, throwing it quickly or taking off with it himself would be an approach much more suited to his skills.

moklerman said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
moklerman said:

I disagree. The CFL is more about quick passing and moving the QB around which is about all Tebow is good for. He can take off and run if it isn't there. Not saying he's be a guaranteed success but it's about his only shot at getting some playing time and possibly developing.

The reason guys struggle when they migrate up there is because there essentially isn't a running game. No play-action to hold the defense. Granted, Tebow's accuracy would be an issue but getting him in the shotgun, making pre-snap reads, throwing it quickly or taking off with it himself would be an approach much more suited to his skills.

There is still a running game in the CFL. If a team has a good back, they will continually pound the rock, but if you want to win the Grey Cup, you have to have a QB that can throw the ball. Tebow would crash and burn. Having said that, if he is willing to come over, teams will definitely give him a shot because of all the attention they'd get by having him.

moklerman

Warner-phile
OttawaRamsFan said:
moklerman said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
moklerman said:

There is still a running game in the CFL. If a team has a good back, they will continually pound the rock, but if you want to win the Grey Cup, you have to have a QB that can throw the ball. Tebow would crash and burn. Having said that, if he is willing to come over, teams will definitely give him a shot because of all the attention they'd get by having him.
You just never know how guys will translate from one league to the other. Flutie could play in both leagues but not until he really tore the CFL to shreds. Moon and Garcia did well too going the other way.

I think the bigger field would benefit Tebow. He needs space to do his thing and I think the running threat he provides would help balance out his passing game deficiencies. The receivers being in motion and the more frenetic nature of the offenses would at least give him a chance. I don't think he's suited to 5-7 step drops and precision passing(obviously) so his sandlot style of football might actually work up there. He made it work at Florida and even in small spurts in the NFL so anything's possible.

I think someone will take a chance on him and I hope it's the CFL because I'd like to see him playing. He won't get that chance in the NFL anymore.

moklerman said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
moklerman said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
moklerman said:

You just never know how guys will translate from one league to the other. Flutie could play in both leagues but not until he really tore the CFL to shreds. Moon and Garcia did well too going the other way.

I think the bigger field would benefit Tebow. He needs space to do his thing and I think the running threat he provides would help balance out his passing game deficiencies. The receivers being in motion and the more frenetic nature of the offenses would at least give him a chance. I don't think he's suited to 5-7 step drops and precision passing(obviously) so his sandlot style of football might actually work up there. He made it work at Florida and even in small spurts in the NFL so anything's possible.

I think someone will take a chance on him and I hope it's the CFL because I'd like to see him playing. He won't get that chance in the NFL anymore.

Well, we get a CFL team back in Ottawa starting next season, and not going to lie, if we picked him up, it'd be interesting.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
El Juggernauto said:

I agree, it may take a long time for him to coach pro, but I think he ends up at Ohio State with Meyer.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
El Juggernauto said:
bluecoconuts said:
El Juggernauto said:

I agree, it may take a long time for him to coach pro, but I think he ends up at Ohio State with Meyer.
And I don't think he'd want to coach in the NFL. Best place for him if he goes that route, is to work with young men, even if in High School.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
El Juggernauto said:
bluecoconuts said:
El Juggernauto said:

And I don't think he'd want to coach in the NFL. Best place for him if he goes that route, is to work with young men, even if in High School.

Agree. I'm excited to see his next step. He will stay within the game somehow. I think he would be a great recruiting tool for a collage team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah part of me is hoping Tebow gets signed as the RedBlacks QB as I would then have yet another CFL team to root for. Always loved the guy for his work ethic and leadership and feel he got the short end of the stick in Denver.

I also agree that his toolset is not really geared towards the type of football played in the CFL. Most CFL QBs are gun slingers like Durant, Calvillo and Lulay and Tebow isn't nearly as accurate a passer as them

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Tebow can't block, or tackle, or catch, or throw, or run with the ball.

In the NFL there is no room for him. There never has been room for this kind of player.

Except that he was handsome and highly religious and white. So white people with religious values who know shit about football clung to him as some kind of hero. That's essentially his fan base, or a gigantic part of it.

Meanwhile......he cannot play the NFL game until they invent a roster spot for a mealy mouthed passer who is inaccurate and that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Well, we get a CFL team back in Ottawa starting next season, and not going to lie, if we picked him up, it'd be interesting.[/quote]

What exactly is a "RedBlack" anyway?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm curious if the name has some local association or is it based on color scheme only?