Just in: From NFL Live on ESPN (What the F---???)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Talk radio is barely better. The only thing that matters is big teams and star players.
It's a great way to cover the hosts ignorance.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes he does and all his little cronies follow his lead.Had it been a niner he would have been telling us all how great that player is.
Just letting you know that everytime I see your name on the front page, I hear "Jumbalaya" in my head.

As you were...

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
There's also the fact that ESPN is owned by Disney, whose CEO supported the Carson stadium project and just got owned by Kroenke. There is no other reason that Donald would be left off of the list.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I quit watching espn years ago, but sometimes I need to kill a few minutes until a show starts and I hit it up. Here comes berman with the very same lame ass jokes he used 20 years ago. It's like watching John Cena do the same handful of moves year after year after year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's also the fact that ESPN is owned by Disney, whose CEO supported the Carson stadium project and just got owned by Kroenke. There is no other reason that Donald would be left off of the list.

Bob Iger is more focused on feature animation, not ESPN, it's just another case of ESPN being stupid.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

You just NAILED IT there

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please don't get me wrong. I'm NOT knocking the players ESPN put up for a vote!! It is the exclusion Of Aaron Donald that " Pissed-me-Off!" I just can't understand the stupidity of the "total selection".
I want to be fare But ESPN has totally lost any respect I ever had for them as a Sports Network!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whats interesting is that most analysts two weeks before the end of the regular season had Donald in the lead. He was his normal dominant self the last two weeks, but got no more sacks....I was hoping for at least one more sack to seal the deal, because that stat is shiny to the talking heads....Now he isn't even considered? What absolute BS..,.,.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Virtually everyone else loves Donald. Some even insist on talking about him in the same bracket as JJ Watt. In fact, PFF rate Donald more highly than Watt so for ESPN to ignore him altogether stinks.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

C'mon guys it's nfl live. This isn't some hard hitting prestigious show. It's a bunch of guys yucking it up. If you watch that show for anything but some laughs you're watching the wrong show. I can't even watch it live. I have to tape it so i can fast forward the parts i don't want to watch, which is like 80% of the show.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Berman despises the Rams
bac bac bac bac bac bac bac bac bac back to your closet berman. you're old news. the shine is off. you were entertaining in the 80's because there wasnt anything else on tv.
oh what i would pay to hear a 5 minute deluge from lisa lampanelli on berman. (y)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This morning @ 9:29 am EST in ESPN's Insider section....

Sam Monson Special to ESPN.com listed Rams starting DT as the top #1 players in the NFL in 2015 season.......

1. Aaron Donald, DT, St. Louis Rams
There aren't enough superlatives to describe Donald's play this season, but the fact that he played as well as we have ever graded J.J. Watt offers some insight into his performance. Donald was a dominant force on the Rams' defense all season, notching 11 sacks, 79 total pressures and 43 defensive stops. He maxed out the PFF rating scale with a 99.9 mark.

Donald may not have been able to get the Rams to the postseason, but much like Watt before him, that doesn't detract from how good he was during the regular season. There wasn't a more consistent or disruptive player over 16 games.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Sure hope so but a back injury to a DE who specializes in the low dip at the edge... I am worried and want to see him physically fit. We will know if they draft a DE in the first 2 picks.

very true that patented move of curving his back is crucial to his success, however keeping long as a back up would be huge and he has stated he's willing to take less money.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
very true that patented move of curving his back is crucial to his success, however keeping long as a back up would be huge and he has stated he's willing to take less money.

I fully understand your position here. But I would ask are you speaking of the pre 2014 Chris Long or the now injury riddled worn down & declining CL in 2016? I simply love what CL has done for this team but ....

#1-If you have your best DE (Rob Quinn)coming off a injury plagued season that finally resulted in back surgery & the IR & now rehabbing.
#2-Your second best DE is a UFA & will be 31 yrs old.
#3-
Your third best DE is a UFA & will be 30 yrs old.
#4-
The youngest back up DE John Longacre was UDFA

Its my belief that expecting CL to fill the needed void is Unrealistic & not sound in thinking for Fisher, then add that even though Long said he will take a pay-cut form his 14.2 million salary in 2016..... does he really add to this defense??? I would say not from what I have seen the last two seasons. Its just me & I know its very hard for us softies like me but Its time to move on fully from the 32 yr old LDE Chris Long & his hefty salary that he would still get even if his pay is cut in half about 7 million.

Fisher really needs a youthful future star pass rusher entering the picture soon here @ LDE. They have 2 DL'ers who are signed Westbrooks & Longacre neither have showed yet they can be a force in the pass rush. We do know that the Rams UFA's Eugene Sims is weak in the pass rush skill & Hayes is much better in containment & run defense than his pass rush.

This upcoming 2016 draft is a real special one for teams in need of adding youthful low cost talent to their overloaded high cap cost DL's. Its DL rich IMO & if the 3 top QB's are long gone then that result will place some Aaron Donald type super talent falling to us @ #15. Snead & Fisher know the true value of the pass rush. Donald cannot be expected to carry the entire defense pass rush again in 2016!

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No respect. I was just listening to SF Bay Area talk radio talking about people still down playing the Warriors. Specifically Steph Curry and Dramont Green.

I don't follow basketball much anymore but no excuse for ignoring greatness.

It's the green monster. Envy. We see it demonstrated two ways: talking down someone's talents, and the deeper uglier and more common version: pretending the great one does not exist.

Aaron Donald will be around for a while to make them look like the silly, late to the party irrelevant voices pissing in the wind.

I've been watching the NBA my entire life and Curry is the best outside shooter that I can remember.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I fully understand your position here. But I would ask are you speaking of the pre 2014 Chris Long or the now injury riddled worn down & declining CL in 2016? I simply love what CL has done for this team but ....

#1-If you have your best DE (Rob Quinn)coming off a injury plagued season that finally resulted in back surgery & the IR & now rehabbing.
#2-Your second best DE is a UFA & will be 31 yrs old.
#3-
Your third best DE is a UFA & will be 30 yrs old.
#4-
The youngest back up DE John Longacre was UDFA

Its my belief that expecting CL to fill the needed void is Unrealistic & not sound in thinking for Fisher, then add that even though Long said he will take a pay-cut form his 14.2 million salary in 2016..... does he really add to this defense??? I would say not from what I have seen the last two seasons. Its just me & I know its very hard for us softies like me but Its time to move on fully from the 32 yr old LDE Chris Long & his hefty salary that he would still get even if his pay is cut in half about 7 million.

Fisher really needs a youthful future star pass rusher entering the picture soon here @ LDE. They have 2 DL'ers who are signed Westbrooks & Longacre neither have showed yet they can be a force in the pass rush. We do know that the Rams UFA's Eugene Sims is weak in the pass rush skill & Hayes is much better in containment & run defense than his pass rush.

This upcoming 2016 draft is a real special one for teams in need of adding youthful low cost talent to their overloaded high cap cost DL's. Its DL rich IMO & if the 3 top QB's are long gone then that result will place some Aaron Donald type super talent falling to us @ #15. Snead & Fisher know the true value of the pass rush. Donald cannot be expected to carry the entire defense pass rush again in 2016!

I agree but I can see long taking a lot less money, who else is really going to pursue him? as for Hayes I feel he can contribute at a high level for a couple seasons but totally agree on bringing in a premier pass rusher if available. Plus ogles being back and hopefully Barron stays will allow us to rely more on the linebackers than only the d line to stop the run, and create pressure on opposing QB's.