Just How Good Is Robert Quinn?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
Yea, he's pretty good...

2gx0gnl.jpg

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I heard some tools on the radio yesterday talking about the DPOY candidates. They talked Kuechly, Sherman, Mathis and Earl Thomas. No mention of Quinn.
I hope he doesn't get screwed out of this because of the 7-9 record.
The fact that he was on a 7-9 team, one that played from behind much of the year, makes his stats even more dominant than the other guys'...

Psycho_X

Legend
Just imagine what this defense will do when Quinn is still demanding all attention on that side and Greg Williams starts dialing up exotic blitz packages at the middle of the line. And when we have CBs playing man instead of 10 yards off for easy pitch and catch. I have no doubt if Quinn stays healthy and the Rams solidify their soft coverage issue that Quinn will break the NFL sack record.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
He probably breaks the single season sack record this past year if we didn't give the cushion so much at the beginning of the year.

Considering he is held on every play (I was watching the sack fumble on Brees again and he's literally tackled by an O lineman with no penalty) and that opposition receivers start off open, I'd say pretty good.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Once we make the playoffs Quinn will get his due. Until then he's in Siberia.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Doesn't matter that his team went 7-9, he is the best DE in the league. everyone now is just starting to notice just how good this kid is. And he is still young. Can't wait to see him next year :woot:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
What I like about Robert Quinn is his humble nature. The NFL is filled with great athletes, you don't get to this level without supreme skills. What I have noticed over the years is the difference between good NFL players and great NFL players is dedication. All these men have been great players at every level of football many times because they are so athletically gifted I think they may take that part of their game for granted. Watching Quinn these first few years I get the impression he wants to "put in the work" to be great without all the "look at me" gestures some players have (Sherman) he just keeps his head down and works to get better. Walter Payton was a great player and worked his ass off in the offseason to get better Jerry Rice was the greatest WR in the game and killed his workouts in the offseason to get better. To me all these players have talent but the difference between good and great is the willingness to work. Every interview I have seen on Quinn he is laid back, humble, and team oriented the kid strikes me as a worker. I hope he keeps that hunger and treats everyday as a job interview.

jap

Legend
The official sack record is only 22.5 sacks. The Mighty One needs too set his goal higher: challenge Deacon Jones' unofficial mark of 26 sacks in 14 games.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I would love to see the Rams play with the lead consistently. Give Quinn 30 rush opportunities a game and I could see him getting 2 sacks a game! The refs gotta call those holds sometime right?