Just how good is Johnny Hekker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Posting from your phone again?:D
IMG_9675.GIF

Do you have any idea how many phones I go through?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The kid is not only the best punter in the league, but he is easily the best follow on social media. The only thing I worry about is his leg falling off from over use. Hopefully our offense can pitch in a bit this year.....

Ram65

Legend
Hekker.png

Never miss a chance to praise Johnny Hekker! The greatest punter ever in the NFL.

Can Johnny Hekker get any better?

He just turned 27 in Feb. Punters seem to get better with age. I don't know when they hit their prime but, can you imagine him having a better year. I would not bet against him but,dang 51 punts inside he 20 with only 1 touch back in 98 punts. Net average of 46 is better than most punters average punt. Fassel and special teams get a big assist.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
View attachment 20428

Never miss a chance to praise Johnny Hekker! The greatest punter ever in the NFL.

He just turned 27 in Feb. Punters seem to get better with age. I don't know when they hit their prime but, can you imagine him having a better year. I would not bet against him but,dang 51 punts inside he 20 with only 1 touch back in 98 punts. Net average of 46 is better than most punters average punt. Fassel and special teams get a big assist.
Noticed he's been with us 5 Seasons! How long do we have him under Contract!? IDK!!

Ram65

Legend
Noticed he's been with us 5 Seasons! How long do we have him under Contract!? IDK!!

Hekker is signed thru to the end of the 2020 season.

Here's a list of every punters CAP :

http://overthecap.com/position/punter/

Four more years. They didn't mess around with Hekker's new contract. Looks like it was after his second season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/johnny-hekker-10414/
Johnny Hekker signed a 6 year, $18,000,000 contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $757,755 signing bonus, $7,379,979 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,000,000. In 2017, Hekker will earn a base salary of $2,222,222, while carrying a cap hit of $2,373,773 and a dead cap value of $2,525,326.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Four more years. They didn't mess around with Hekker's new contract. Looks like it was after his second season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/johnny-hekker-10414/
Johnny Hekker signed a 6 year, $18,000,000 contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $757,755 signing bonus, $7,379,979 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,000,000. In 2017, Hekker will earn a base salary of $2,222,222, while carrying a cap hit of $2,373,773 and a dead cap value of $2,525,326.
The man deserves a raise, It looks like we got him Cheap!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw a clip of Hekker crying when Fish got clipped....

I was thinking..."don't you cry for him"...sorta like Vin Diesle in that movie "Pitched Black"....

Ram65

Legend
Not sure where he sits now but I believe that contract (at the time) made him the highest paid punter in the league/all time.

Did you click the link? He is #11. Some punters signed before him and make much more. Still he got security and Rams got a good punter who became a great punter.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Did you click the link? He is #11. Some punters signed before him and make much more. Still he got security and Rams got a good punter who became a great punter.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...y-stats-kicker-deal/8xsqyduwsy1v1sntluus2o72u

The Rams have set the new standard for punter contracts in the NFL, inking Pro Bowler Johnny Hekker to a six-year, $18 million extension.

Hekker's new deal includes a $9 million guarantee, the most ever for a punter or kicker, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

In his third season with the Rams, Hekker is sixth in the NFL with a 42.1 net punt average. His 44.2 net led the league last year, when he was named to his first Pro Bowl. He has a 45.9 yards per kick average in 219 career punts.

Hekker's contract, worth $3 million annually, is good for fourth among punters in average base salary. But no punter has been guaranteed more than $7.9 million, according to spotrac.com. Bears kicker Robbie Gould's $8.8 million guarantee was the previous high.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...y-stats-kicker-deal/8xsqyduwsy1v1sntluus2o72u

The Rams have set the new standard for punter contracts in the NFL, inking Pro Bowler Johnny Hekker to a six-year, $18 million extension.

Hekker's new deal includes a $9 million guarantee, the most ever for a punter or kicker, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

In his third season with the Rams, Hekker is sixth in the NFL with a 42.1 net punt average. His 44.2 net led the league last year, when he was named to his first Pro Bowl. He has a 45.9 yards per kick average in 219 career punts.

Hekker's contract, worth $3 million annually, is good for fourth among punters in average base salary. But no punter has been guaranteed more than $7.9 million, according to spotrac.com. Bears kicker Robbie Gould's $8.8 million guarantee was the previous high.

Here is a screenshot of the overthecap.com punter salary with yearly averages. Not the same numbers and he is 11 in per year salary. There seems to be a contradiction. Could be that it was a contract extension that include a previous contracts lower amount. The guaranteed money is off.

Punters.png

Last edited:

jap

Legend
View attachment 20428

He has gotten better every year he has been with us. Why should this upcoming season be any different? :LOL:

Again, it's not just Johnny. We have a long snapper who we never ever have to worry about because he always does his job correctly. Our special teams unit has gotten increasingly better every year since 2012 when Bones climbed aboard the U.S.S. Horns with Fish. They execute what Bones wants better & better each successive season. And, of course, Johnny is putting together a Hall of Fame career right before our very eyes. I just want his roommate (i.e., Greg the Leg) to continue to ante up like he did last season.