Just Heard Rams on Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
One of my favorite parts of the show is the music they use. Already have goosebumps over the potential scenes with Gurley, Donald and the defense training. The rookies trying to make the team and their stories are great as well.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
And HBO is only like $15 a month....

Only? Jesus. What's the time frame on the filming for the show? Is the show only a few months? Because I can't imagine paying $180 a year on a show. Unless its the best damn show ever.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Only? Jesus. What's the time frame on the filming for the show? Is the show only a few months? Because I can't imagine paying $180 a year on a show. Unless its the best damn show ever.
Starts August 7 and last episode is the first week of September, only like 5 weeks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Getting the opportunity to watch constant Rams coverage during the offseason?

wants.gif

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I know as Rams fans we are accustomed to giving up playoff hopes in October/November, but in March? Wow, that's some serious pessimism!!
Maybe you just didn't realize that playoff teams aren't eligible!
Where did I say I didn't think this team would make the playoffs? Maybe you need to re-read my post. I think you are putting words in my mouth. I never said this team would not be a playoff contender!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 months tops
$30
And not for nothing but you can double down and watch Game Of Thrones to boot

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where did I say I didn't think this team would make the playoffs? Maybe you need to re-read my post. I think you are putting words in my mouth. I never said this team would not be a playoff contender!
I shoulda used the blue font. Dammit!
You said they should be on Hard Knocks next year. Playoff teams aren't eligible to be on Hard Knocks so when the Rams make the playoffs next year, they wont be eligible

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
With the move to LA, it only makes sense. Need that marketing. Kronke and the NFL working hard to expand that brand.

Looking forward to this but it's a shame (for the sake of entertainment) that there won't be any Jenkins or Long on it. They would have been great on the show.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Hekker is going to become a household name because of this
He will be the star of the show
Book it

Ram65

Legend
No HBO me. I'm not getting it. I guess we will have a weekly thread on the show. Any chance of getting some tapings? Sounds like fun. Could even help getting the players use to the media grind that will follow the Rams. I think they have the core players that can keep everyone focused. Is it a good or bad thing that the Rams don't have Jenks any more?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am so excited about this news, it's on par with a long awaited playoff game...I get to hear what these guys say (coaches and players), and to see what I have never seen, which is the inside process of players trying to make the Rams team...and then seeing the places they practice, and hearing (maybe) about the progression of different young veterans? Hell, i don't know! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!!!!!!:rockon:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Between the Rams moving back to LA (which the NFL desperately wanted), Stan's pending new bling building, the Rams volunteering in the International series (including a game in China) and now appearing on Hard Knocks, we are going to get a *lot* of calls go our way next year. GRob will be able to tackle defenders and not get called ... Quinn will draw holding if an oppoling OL touches him.

Q729

Legend
This is great news dudes. One of the best shows on TV but I often ignore it because I don't give a F about the teams it covers. It is a very polished product that gives a little bit of insight with the players and coaches...
The production is what made me watch teams I otherwise couldn't care less about. Now that it's my team, I'm not sure if I want to see what's behind the curtain...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No HBO me. I'm not getting it. I guess we will have a weekly thread on the show. Any chance of getting some tapings? Sounds like fun. Could even help getting the players use to the media grind that will follow the Rams. I think they have the core players that can keep everyone focused. Is it a good or bad thing that the Rams don't have Jenks any more?
They normally show reruns the year following the taping...I'm gonna get it online I think, for only the amount of time the series lasts...

RamBill

Legend
William Hayes, Aaron Donald, Johnny Hekker among potential 'Hard Knocks' show stealers

By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ker-among-potential-hard-knocks-show-stealers

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Sure, there will be X's and O's and player cuts and all the usual tropes that go with an appearance on HBO's "Hard Knocks," but let's face it, that's not the stuff you're going to remember.

Instead, can I interest you in theories on dinosaurs never existing or perhaps you prefer to believe in mermaids? How do you feel about seeing one of the leaders of the "Punters are people, too" movement? Or maybe you just like to watch one of the league's best players at his position put in copious amounts of time in an effort to perfect his craft?

Well, with the Los Angeles Rams' forthcoming appearance on the popular docuseries, you should be able to get an up close look at all of that over the course of the five 60-minute episodes debuting on Aug. 9.

Here's a look at five Rams players who could steal the show:

DE William Hayes -- Undoubtedly, Hayes is the player that has the best chance to win the hearts of America. He's the ultimate character in the Rams' locker room and with Chris Long and James Laurinaitis gone, will assume even more of a leadership role in 2016. In case you missed it last year, I detailed Hayes' status as a dinosaur truther, a mermaid believer and a pretty darn good football player. With Hayes, it's not so much a matter of if he'll get airtime as it is how much. It wouldn't surprise me if HBO even gave him a spinoff when it's all over.

P Johnny Hekker -- When it comes to characters, Hekker isn't far behind Hayes. OK, maybe he is, but that's only because most people are. He's almost always in a good mood and always comes quick with a funny anecdote or off-the-wall observation. He's also a two-time All Pro who has helped take up the cause started by NFL Network's Rich Eisen which reminds that "Punters are people, too." Put it this way, when the Rams held their first player availability in Los Angeles, Hekker was one of the two players they chose to put at the podium. How many punters in the league would land in that position?

DT Aaron Donald -- Donald continued to establish himself as one of the league's best defensive players in 2016 on his way to a second Pro Bowl appearance in as many seasons. In the process, he finally started to get some of the recognition he deserves beyond the people who grind game tape. With the platforms provided by his new city and the television show, Donald should finally have the chance to become a household name. And while he won't be a colorful personality like Hayes or Hekker, he'll certainly test the limits of HBO's film crew with his commitment to arriving early and staying late to continue his development.

RB Benny Cunningham -- While most casual football fans have at least heard of the first three players on this list, Cunningham flies under the radar as the team's primary third-down back and kick returner after earning a roster spot as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He's a restricted free agent at the moment and has drawn some interest from other teams but barring a surprising outside offer, the Rams intend to keep him. Assuming that happens, Cunningham has a chance to be the breakout personality of the show. Ask around the locker room and many of his teammates say he's the funniest player on the team, quick to offer an impression of just about anyone or deliver a well-timed punchline. His teammates love him and though he has a tendency to be shy around media, that will likely melt away quickly after he gets adjusted to having a camera in his face every day.

CB Trumaine Johnson -- There has to be room on this list for a good, old-fashioned trash talker. As Rams go, Johnson rates right near the top of the list, especially on the field. During practices, Johnson isn't afraid to run his mouth as he and receivers Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin (good candidates for this list, also) have had more than their share of verbal altercations over the past couple of years. This year, Johnson takes on an even bigger role as he settles into the No. 1 cornerback job following the departure of Janoris Jenkins to the New York Giants. A well-establish trash talker with something to prove? With the show appearing on cable, it sounds like the recipe for good, if not entirely family friendly, television.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Since you are the all knowing RODfather, is there a way to pay for online HBO service with PayPal or with a disposable Visa Debit Card?
I don't know. You'd have to go through the ordering process until you get to payment options.
They're giving the first month free, it seems.
https://order.hbonow.com/

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Only thing that sucks is that we wont get to see Long and Jlau on it. They were always funny together.