Just Heard Shitty News

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am lifelong friends with a man that works for the office of the company, that my company rents a busing from.(keep up) he says he is getting word that my company is selling to another rent to own company. I'm freaking the hell out. If this is true, they may want to use their own people. This sucks.

PhxRam

If your current branch is profitable and running efficiently, they probably wont want to mess with it.

Keep your head up. Positive thoughts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What Phx just said. You will probably have someone from corporate come down regardless but they are probably not going to want to upset the apple cart.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Start you own store
I know it can sound very difficult - and it is. But you won't have to worry about corporate breathing down your neck. Give up bennies for a little while but you'll enjoy coming into work a whole lot more.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I know it can sound very difficult - and it is. But you won't have to worry about corporate breathing down your neck. Give up bennies for a little while but you'll enjoy coming into work a whole lot more.
He can run a store half the size from the start do the same work and make twice the money.
I once had a Phd. tell me at a faculty party ( my first wife was a Neuro anatomy instructor) how much he admired my "courage " in owning my own business how he couldn't muster the "courage" to go out on his own ,I told him working for anyone but me would scare the shyte out of me , this thread is a prime example of why, business reversals come and go, I always KNEW there were several people who would lose there job before I did, as long as I made their job secure I'd be phat.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A whole lot more competition in that business, but I've seen so many Shoneys, Outback, Applebees managers strike out on their own and do very well, even your business has great potential for a talented guy to go rogue. In the end a dullard is just gonna fail

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The owner of my company is denying it, but me thinks he is full of shit.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Don't respond to rumors only trust what has happened not what may happen= unnecessary stress
And Good Luck

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It's official, he sold the company to a place called RentOne. I don't know much about them. They haven't begun the transition yet, but I'm nervous.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just hang in there. I've worked for 3 elevator companies, but never once got fired or quit. The company I started with in 1988 was sold to a slightly larger company after 8 years, and then 10 years later was sold again to a conglomerate. I kept my job throughout all of those acquisitions by keeping my mouth shut and just doing my job. Didn't offer any information about how good I was at certain things, and never left the impression that I was a liability. Just did my thang.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My thing is, I'm very successful at what I do, because I'm given the freedom to do things the way I see it best. With a new company as big as them, they want things done their way. I'm gonna come to play ball, I just hope I'm as solid their way as I was at mine. Just a nerve racking thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My thing is, I'm very successful at what I do, because I'm given the freedom to do things the way I see it best. With a new company as big as them, they want things done their way. I'm gonna come to play ball, I just hope I'm as solid their way as I was at mine. Just a nerve racking thing.
That's what I had to go through too. I kinda had free rein, and then became a cog in their machine. Was what it was though. I just put in my 8 hours a day and kept collecting those checks. It may not be an ideal situation, but such is life. The only other option is to start your own business.

Worked for me. :bigup:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Adapt and overcome if needed, otherwise just scan your lane and keep doing what you're doing.