Just got home, what happened?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
We were up 21-0, then a combination of mistakes, horrible defense and horrible officiating.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weren't we just up 17-0? What the heck happened??
We were up 21-0...I have never before blamed the officials for a loss but seriously they handed dallas this game. Sure we made some mistakes but Ive never seen so many crucial calls incorrectly ruled by the officials. The two calls on eugene sims were the worst IMO...a phantom roughing the passer and a holding call that was inexcusable both at huge moments in the game...

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We were up 21-0...I have never before blamed the officials for a loss but seriously they handed dallas this game. Sure we made some mistakes but Ive never seen so many crucial calls incorrectly ruled by the officials. The two calls on eugene sims were the worst IMO...a phantom roughing the passer and a holding call that was inexcusable both at huge moments in the game...

How the hell does he get called for holding when he gets a sack? Total BS, the reciever was in the backfield and I didnt think he held him as much as he brushed him outta his way on the way to the QB.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Refs didn't do shit, Rams gave up huge chunks of yards at the worst time, or shot themselves in the foot when they could have put points on the board.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How the hell does he get called for holding when he gets a sack? Total BS, the reciever was in the backfield and I didnt think he held him as much as he brushed him outta his way on the way to the QB.
Exactly he avoided a blocker and they called holding on him...and the roughing the passer his hand hit Romo's shoulder. Just awful calls

bluecoconuts

Legend
Refs didn't help the situation.

Sure, but the Rams did it to themselves. I've seen games (in different sports as well) that have actually been decided by poor officiating. Not just penalties being called, I'm talking about things like the fail Mary, or a goal in hockey being scored after going out of play and off the net off the goalie, who had stopped play due to the puck being dead. Those are situations where a team gets legitimately screwed.

What happened today, bad calls and all, good teams can overcome it. Rams lost because of their play/lack of play. I just hate when people act like the refs are the only reason why we lost, that takes the stance that our team is fine and just needs luck. Not the case.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Sure, but the Rams did it to themselves. I've seen games (in different sports as well) that have actually been decided by poor officiating. Not just penalties being called, I'm talking about things like the fail Mary, or a goal in hockey being scored after going out of play and off the net off the goalie, who had stopped play due to the puck being dead. Those are situations where a team gets legitimately screwed.

What happened today, bad calls and all, good teams can overcome it. Rams lost because of their play/lack of play. I just hate when people act like the refs are the only reason why we lost, that takes the stance that our team is fine and just needs luck. Not the case.

Every cowboy fan I have spoken to after the game has said the officials gave the game to the cowboys. Without the help from the officials the cowboys probably get blown out.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Tony Romo engineered the largest comeback win in Cowboys history.

Yeah romo looked pretty good taking that glancing blow to the shoulder and turning it from a 4 down punt to a first down all on his own. And how bout that sack inside his own 5 that he forced the DE to hold a reciever on his way to sacking romo.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Every cowboy fan I have spoken to after the game has said the officials gave the game to the cowboys. Without the help from the officials the cowboys probably get blown out.

So? Cowboy fans are dumb as shit, when did we start listening to them?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So? Cowboy fans are dumb as crap, when did we start listening to them?

Just pointing out that some people can be honest about what they see. I understand your frustration, but not sure why you would fault the Rams for poor officiating.

And I agree cowboy fans are dumb as crap, but even idiots could see that the officiating was very biased.

blueberry

UDFA
Name
Joey
Just pointing out that some people can be honest about what they see. I understand your frustration, but not sure why you would fault the Rams for poor officiating.

And I agree cowboy fans are dumb as crap, but even idiots could see that the officiating was very biased.

I hate it when people say this garbage. There are dumb fans of every NFL team, including the Rams. The Cowboys just have a ton of fans, which means we of course have more dumb fans.

Go on DC.com or cowboyszone, and you'll find a bunch of very well-educated football fans. You'll also find some idiots.

@bluecoconuts and your generalizations are so lmao-worthy.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I hate it when people say this garbage. There are dumb fans of every NFL team, including the Rams. The Cowboys just have a ton of fans, which means we of course have more dumb fans.

Go on DC.com or cowboyszone, and you'll find a bunch of very well-educated football fans. You'll also find some idiots.

@bluecoconuts and your generalizations are so lmao-worthy.

I agree there are idiots rooting for every team, guess I shoulda said some cowboy fans are dumb as shit, just like some Rams fans.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Same old. Fisher did his standard taking it in the rear move, and the refs ran over his weak ass and gave the game to Dallas.

I think that about sums it up.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, one could argue that the refs "did enuf" to sway the game. If the Rams were a better team, perhaps the refs would have had to "do more" to sway the game.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

Blue- I tend to agree but I will say that a bunch of those penalties that shouldn't of been called came on 3rd down. So instead of being back on offense drives were extended that they scored points on. Those points turned out to be the difference in a W and an L.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Plain and simple the refs determined the outcome of the game not the players and we were on the short end of it.Its games like this that allow fans to walk away from the NFL without giving it a second thought.